Molasses

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Molasses

Post by RoadKing »

Today a phrase came to mind that I heard often as a kid, referring to someone or something as being “slower than molasses”. Occurred to me that it has been a long time since I heard anyone say that and I just don’t know why that is. Also occurred to me that to the best of my memory I have never even tasted molasses. So, went to the store and got a bottle of molasses with the words Deliciously Wholesome printed on the label. Made some waffles and poured some of that molasses on them... FOCK! I’m here to tell ya that during 75 years of living I don’t recall anyone, friend or relation, ever serving that stuff up and now I know why. What I can’t figure is why a product made from cane would taste so bitter and nasty! So now I’ve got a small bottle of molasses and don’t have a clue what it could be good for, does anyone know?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Molasses

Post by Herb »

mix it with baking soda to kill cockroaches...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:mix it with baking soda to kill cockroaches...
Question. Do cockroaches leave trace? Like little black turds?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Its great for fuel systems :uhh:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

It occasionally tries to wipe out whole districts of town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Can molasses poison? Man, that stuff is nasty. Is it always that way or did I get a tainted batch?
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The best thing about molasses is that it can be used to make rum.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:The best thing about molasses is that it can be used to make rum.
So, yer saying I might as well have poured Capt Morgan on my waffles?
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Herb wrote:The best thing about molasses is that it can be used to make rum.
So, yer saying I might as well have poured Capt Morgan on my waffles?
Say'n they would taste better than with the molasses.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BLACK STRAP MOLASSES ?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

BLACK STRAP MOLASSES ?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

BLACK STRAP MOLASSES ?
Luck & Experience:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

You can use it to remove rust. Mix 9 parts water and 1 part molasses then soak rusty tools, whatever and after a few days or a week they will be rust free.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

Molasses from beet sugar has a really nasty taste...this is what you may have bought instead of sugar cane molasses, my Mother used sugar cane molasses to cook with all the time to add sweetener to the foods she was preparing...
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Bottle says Blackstrap Molasses. ??? Maybe it’s meant to be cooked with and not poured straight from the bottle on waffles. I truly don’t know. But that stuff is nasty. I always thought it was sweet? Maybe I should quit thinking. FOCK.
Signifying nothing”

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Post by Yooper »

RoadKing wrote:Bottle says Blackstrap Molasses. ??? Maybe it’s meant to be cooked with and not poured straight from the bottle on waffles. I truly don’t know. But that stuff is nasty. I always thought it was sweet? Maybe I should quit thinking. FOCK.
Blackstrap is in a class by itself. It's bitter. If you can handle the nasty taste, wife says there are a lot of vitamins in it. She uses it for cooking beans, but even she can't stand the taste out of the bottle. She says there are different types of molasses, try a light one. But don't expect real sweetness.
This info is all second hand from her.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Yooper wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Bottle says Blackstrap Molasses. ??? Maybe it’s meant to be cooked with and not poured straight from the bottle on waffles. I truly don’t know. But that stuff is nasty. I always thought it was sweet? Maybe I should quit thinking. FOCK.
Blackstrap is in a class by itself. It's bitter. If you can handle the nasty taste, wife says there are a lot of vitamins in it. She uses it for cooking beans, but even she can't stand the taste out of the bottle. She says there are different types of molasses, try a light one. But don't expect real sweetness.
This info is all second hand from her.
Well, tell her thanx, I feel better knowing that. I’ll try it in some beans.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

This post actually made me chuckle.

RK save that crap for when you want to throw a jar at someone, it's sludge.
Proper sweet molasses is red....

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Yum! Buttermilk biscuits with peanut butter and molasses! Yum! [emoji106]