Empty half the Earth of its humans. It's the only way to save the planet

Keep it civil
Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: Empty half the Earth of its humans. It's the only way to save the planet

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: ... I don't know why it made me think of this, and it has nothing to do with this post (but why start now?)...I watched a doc about building the Alaska Pipeline, and at one point they were talking about the level of embezzlement, pilferage and theft that occurred since there was basically a blank check situation and nobody cared about cost as long as it got done.

They said if they ordered 20 new Ford F-250 4x4's and three of them actually got delivered to the intended job location, they considered it a win... :blink:
[emoji2] Funny how conversations strike different memory points, eh? That blank check story just reminded me of the time I had a blank PO#, from Ottawa. There was to be a national series of Town Halls (The Spicer Commission), and for whatever reasons, they wanted it run/hosted by local stations as opposed to the CBC. We were the first of many across Canada. I was the Technical Director. I spent so much money. Didn't waste it just for the sake of spending, but I spared no expense either. Pulled a Satellite uplink rig outta Thunder Bay, multiple Earth Stations from over in Nova Scotia. Had the whole area in front of City Hall allocated to two full size TV rigs from Toronto, and had it all electrified by local electrical contractors... it went on and on. We used City Chambers for the main set. I just kept giving vendors this PO# and said it's all looked after, compliments of your federal government. The setup was the big story on local news for a couple days. Got compliments when it was all over too. [emoji106]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Reminds me of the time me and ol Don Graff were out midnight catching crawfish in the swampy waters near his house so we could use them for bait at daybreak to catch Snook in the brackish waters of the Inland Waterway not too far from where I had met Georgia Boy and The Davie Gang on a previous occasion which is a whole nuther story that really has nothing at all to do with The Grenwhich Village Coffee Shop where at age 14 I first learned to dance having been schooled by an “older woman” of 30 who served up dual roles of waitress and hooker there on the moonlit beach along Atlantic Boulavard of Palm Beach fame years before the making of the movie known as Where The Boys Are on a beach 40 miles south where Bohemian style beach patrol life guards such as myself cavorted with beach bunnies at The Elbow Room when off duty from shifts among drowning fat screaming boys and man o war stings on really shitty rainy days while The Mamas and The Papas sang out on the juke box about California Dreaming as that cutie snow bird babe asked me to take her to Yankees spring training game the next day but I was too drunk to put my dick away after pissing all over Bill Doucette’s girlfriend unintentionally of course but that was no damned good excuse at all considering he was taking Donnatol for ulcers and unknowingly to us all this time considering suicide which is another sad tale best left untold because out there on Alligator Alley we were madly riding our two wheel conveyances while ignorantly annoying various varieties of dangerous lizards and serpents while oblivious of our own mortality due to consumption of toxic amounts of cheap Bush Bavarian Beer that we had pilfered from the back room at The Davie Boulevard Saloon while Dennie’s girlfriend barmaid seperated marked juke box quarters so we could hear Ray Charles sing Born To Lose and Marty Robbins die one more time in El Paso City by The Rio Grande where Apache Shaman ate peyote and had visions of a far off distant future Big Beautiful Wall where buzzards would shit after a delightful consumption of side winder flesh as Pablito learned his life lessons and wrote his books for the enlightenment of naked California hippies and sage hen eating Idaho Jimson freaks on their journey to The Snake River Jump and Evel Knievel madness and so forth.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

One of two things needs to happen....

1 Alien arrival.
2 Zombie Apocalypse.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

YoDude wrote:One of two things needs to happen....

1 Alien arrival.
2 Zombie Apocalypse.

Yo-
Or it could be both. :blink: [space] :OhNo; [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: