People

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

People

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Wow. Really? Is THAT how fucking ignorant we've become?

I stopped at a red light, in the left lane, nobody in the right lane. A solid 6-8 seconds later a car went through the red light in that right lane, not like they were trying to beat it and just arrived late...no, this was as if it didn't even exist, she wasn't speeding up or slowing, just driving obliviously.

But that wasn't the topper. She chucked a big wad of fast food trash out the driver's window as she did it.

OMG. It would have been so ironic to see a garbage truck going 45 mph with the green light just send her to idiot heaven in a glorious T-boning... Am I a bad person to have that fantasy?

I seriously don't know what's wrong with people sometimes.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Re: People

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BTW...It's been my experience that people who throw trash out of cars are OVERWHELMINGLY young females. Has anyone else noticed this?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I haven't noticed the overly young/fat bitches tossing trash out of the ca on a drive by, but there is a highway off ramp very close to where I live that has a very normal YIELD sign that people don't slow down for...I pull my hair out because, they just plow through it like it's a transfer from one highway to another. 90% of the time they don't event look to see if anyone is coming the direction that has priority. Sometimes, I just want to plow into them.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

What I see on the road is why I have a dash cam. I see stupid almost daily. I was showing my employer one of my first cameras and we got cut of twice by the same vehicle. First time I changed lanes from lane 2 to lane 1. Second time the driver cut across lane 1 for a right hand turn across lane 1.
I also have 2 in my van frnt and rear and plenty of back ups.
I was accused of damaging a vehicle during a recovery when we sent the video of the scene we where cleared. Seems the owner didn't tell his ins company that his Porsche had been in an accident Saved me about $3400.00
Best insurance I can think of
I catch all kinds of stupid People dont surprise me anymore

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WHY MESS HER SPACE WHEN SHE CAN MESS UP SOME OTHER PLACE ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

WHY MESS HER SPACE WHEN SHE CAN MESS UP SOME OTHER PLACE ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Life’s a beach. And then you drown. :HatTip:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

I am a mile down a back road,five miles from town.When building my house in 1965 it was a clean neat road.Now we often pick up bags of cans, fast food warpers,etc. Guess the pigs buy in town and back road bout right to have wolfed it down and throw out on way home.
Around five years ago was on one of the back roads near a small horse farm.A new smaller car with young good looking from what I could see behind the wheel. A baby seat behind had a two or less kid.Warm and she had her window half way down.As she went around a bend a fast food sack few out.Just happened I think.Then the kid looking she takes a big plastic cup,holds her arm out as she goes to left of road and gives it a toss into the grass. We get to a good wide spot and lay on horn and she moves over nice.Roll bike beside and yell LITTER BUG ! Sure it did no more than make her look behind before doing it again..Pigs!

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

We must have the same folks , litter bugs really, that live near everyone else.....trash along our roadways is a disgrace..it's everywhere and not just the usual aluminum cans and burger wrappers either.....it's everything from disposable nail files to used diapers.....where do these miscreants come from???
But it does my heart good when traveling on our city's by pass to see prisoners dressed in orange jump suits accompanied by two sheriff's deputy's picking up trash alongside the interstate, both in the median and the edges ....We must have a failing American Civil Liberties Union representation in our city because no one has stepped forward and filed a complaint of mistreating prison folks :blink: :eek:
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

MAN IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT SOILS WHERE HE LIVES
Luck & Experience:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

I feel like I live in a different universe than the dystopia you guys continuously describe. Seven months a year I ride hundreds and hundreds of miles of surrounding country roads and NEVER see litter of any kind nor amount. For five months a year the weather is bad here in Upstate but for twelve months the people are courteous of one another in every way and that’s what keeps me here. The nearest cities are 60 miles away and I stay away from them.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Agree with RK. You place yourself in the crap and then complain you are surrounded by it. Shocking....

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Agree with RK. You place yourself in the crap and then complain you are surrounded by it. Shocking....
Speaking of crap... they now have tourist maps of San Francisco where sections are literally and figuratively browned out to indicate dense homelessness and feces covered streets. Tony Bennett’s SF no longer exists.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

YoDude wrote:I haven't noticed the overly young/fat bitches tossing trash out of the ca on a drive by, but there is a highway off ramp very close to where I live that has a very normal YIELD sign that people don't slow down for...I pull my hair out because, they just plow through it like it's a transfer from one highway to another. 90% of the time they don't event look to see if anyone is coming the direction that has priority. Sometimes, I just want to plow into them.

Yo-
Difference between us. If they are in the wrong, I hold my lane and let 'em come. They don't do that crap because they don't know better, they do it because nobody challenges them on it and scares the shit out of them or creams them. School's in, fucktards. I drive an old car and I'm insured, and I'm not afraid of crashes. Test me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

HARRIS wrote:MAN IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT SOILS WHERE HE LIVES
You never say a birds's nest or a coyote den have you?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.