Fast Take-off's

Keep it civil
KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: Fast Take-off's

Post by KAJUN »

On our HOG rides we keep it to just 5 mph over the speed limit and that's because we don't want to get run over by all the rest of the mad crowd
and we still get passed up on occasion ..... :bonk: I ride tail gunner for most of our rides except the ones I am in charge of as Lead RC..

But on our retiree rides we all go as fast as the leader goes....no biggie....
And T is right.....if the first in line lags his sorry ass in a large group the rest of the group will be bungee cording the whole day :bonk:
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote: I've ridden with The Ruff Ryders and The Christian Motorcycle Association, there's a different kind of vibe between the two groups. To say the least :lol

Ruff Ryder's Anthem https://g.co/kgs/vMc42L

Ruff Ryders are mostly Sportbike riders predominantly African American, they like to pull dangerous stunts but they're generally respectful of outsiders as long as you don't mean them any harm. There are a number of LEOs in their midst, they all know who they are and are trusted members.

CMA is a, well, pretty self explanatory. Christian organization of motorcycle enthusiasts who gather for fellowship. Very family friendly events. Good group of people.
Ruff Rhyders. Saw something like that in the new Rocky movie. Yes?

Those guys look like they are all from the same litter! I’m an old dog and look nothing like them so I’d never fit in. :lolfall: and I don’t know how to ride on my front wheel! I’ll bet riding in a formation with them would be a hoot! For a minute anyway.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote: I've ridden with The Ruff Ryders and The Christian Motorcycle Association, there's a different kind of vibe between the two groups. To say the least :lol

Ruff Ryder's Anthem https://g.co/kgs/vMc42L

Ruff Ryders are mostly Sportbike riders predominantly African American, they like to pull dangerous stunts but they're generally respectful of outsiders as long as you don't mean them any harm. There are a number of LEOs in their midst, they all know who they are and are trusted members.

CMA is a, well, pretty self explanatory. Christian organization of motorcycle enthusiasts who gather for fellowship. Very family friendly events. Good group of people.
Ruff Rhyders. Saw something like that in the new Rocky movie. Yes?

Those guys look like they are all from the same litter! I’m an old dog and look nothing like them so I’d never fit in. :lolfall: and I don’t know how to ride on my front wheel! I’ll bet riding in a formation with them would be a hoot! For a minute anyway.
Yeah, I've yet to get the back tire up on the S83 :lol: Shed a couple hundred pounds, steepen that rake by 15-20 degrees, put another disc on the wheel, and add 4 or 5 pots to the calipers and it makes it a different game [emoji106]

I was friends with the chapter president, he liked me because I always took good care of his machine at the dealership. Riding with them all the captains knew who I was from him, so everyone else kept on the their "best behavior" :wink: the most anyone got up to was pulling wheelies from the back to the front of the pack on the highway. I've heard stories of them getting close and trying to grab each other's brakes. I had my CBR, but with the wife on the back, didn't get all crazy.

They had a couple events at the dealership while I was working, one was a "loudest pipes" contest, someone was on Teddy's (the president's) custom 'busa and decided to roast the back tire. He was PISSED! Since I was the porter there they asked me to detail all the burnt rubber out of the wheel well. After I was done he wanted to tip me. I tried to say "no, it's ok, just doing my job" he pulls out this thick wad of cash and goes "do you think I'm hurting for money?" :lol: He bought a used nice GSXR1000 and had the shop do a bunch of custom stuff to it, he didn't even want it for himself. He said he might ride it once in a while if he felt like it, but mostly to let other people use it. He's a good dude
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

DevilsFan wrote:
franktiregod wrote:Why do you hate America, Dan? [emoji2]

What??? I can't hear ya over my loud-ass, ear-splitting music...over my loud-ass, ear-splitting rumble from my pipes! :evil:

:lmao:

I am no fan of super loud pipes. I like a nice sound but ear splitting isn't for me. I rode a bike like that once but about 20 miles into my 50 mile ride to work I knew it wasnt for me. I can't afford to lose any more hearing.

As for music I wear ear plugs. I have to. If cold air gets in my ears I might as well be drinking.

Now to fast take offs. Because....'merica. [emoji2]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:Some of the fastest riders I have rode with were cops. Not in town but open highway and light traffic back roads. :putput:
A group of Atlanta cops passed me once on 75. They were hauling ass and they were perfectly synchronized.

As a rider it was a very cool thing to watch.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Ever ride with someone who just constantly rolls on and off the throttle for no reason whatsoever?

I know a few. Every ride with them is just constant BLLLAAAAAPPPpppprrrrrrrrBLLLLAAAAAPPPpppprrrrrBLAAAAAPPPPppppprrrrrr....meanwhile everyone else is just humming along at 60 mph at a nice steady rpm. Messes with my calm. I like to hear the harmonics in the different engine tones while cruising together. "That guy" ruins it for me. :bang:

Usually the same guy who has to stop for gas every 70 miles when everybody else is fine. :bonk:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:Ever ride with someone who just constantly rolls on and off the throttle for no reason whatsoever?

I know a few. Every ride with them is just constant BLLLAAAAAPPPpppprrrrrrrrBLLLLAAAAAPPPpppprrrrrBLAAAAAPPPPppppprrrrrr....meanwhile everyone else is just humming along at 60 mph at a nice steady rpm. Messes with my calm. I like to hear the harmonics in the different engine tones while cruising together. "That guy" ruins it for me. :bang:

Usually the same guy who has to stop for gas every 70 miles when everybody else is fine. :bonk:
:lolfall: Nope, never rode with anyone who does that. Sounds like a weird thing to me.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:Ever ride with someone who just constantly rolls on and off the throttle for no reason whatsoever?

:lolfall: Nope, never rode with anyone who does that. Sounds like a weird thing to me.
I'm surprised. I've found it to be a fairly common occurrence. Seems like anytime there's more than say ten riders, there's always gotta be one. :bang:

A lot of people do this in their car too. And not like they are trying to prove something...just like they never mastered controlling their speed or something... :confused:...constantly surging on and off the throttle...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have only ridden in groups of over 4 bikes 3 times, every time I was sick of the ride within the first 30 minutes. I refuse to be in a large group again.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

60’s and 70’s. As a generation we were young and huge in numbers, and the amount of us who rode motorcycles reflected that. In 60’s N California there were so many bikes on the road that sometimes it was unavoidable to fall into groups of riders and that is not exaggeration. Rode in packs of a hundred or more, organized and not, more times than I can remember and it came to feel natural. During the 70’s I spent a lot of time in Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee and the bike experience there was the same. I loved riding en masse and wish those days could have lasted forever.
Signifying nothing”