Should I be suspicious ...

Keep it civil
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Should I be suspicious ...

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

... about this email notification of potential fraud detected on my Bank Of America account? [space] :lmao:
There's is unusual ip location was attempted to log to your online access and multiple failure signin we've detected, important for you to update your full profile for your account safety.

What you need to do! Sign in to Online Banking to update and secure your online access.

If this process is not done within 24-48 hours, We will have to suspend your account online access, as it might have been used for fraudulent purposes.
I haven't used this card in years, haven't cancelled it only because doing so effects my credit score, and I don't have an on-line account with BOA. It honestly astounds me how people are fooled by such nonsense.
lovineveryminuteofit

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Should I be suspicious ...

Post by FallenAngel »

I would be suspicious of any E Mail that mentions My Bank account. I used to get notifications of this type on My closed BOA account. When a suspicious activity is flagged by My account now I get a phone call from my bank.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

It's non-stop predation on the internet. It's getting harder and harder to tell the legit from the bogus. It's every man for himself, sad but true.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

I used to get phone calls on my cell phone from Micro soft Help Line. The operator would tell me that My computer was send error messages and he wanted to help me fix it.
He assured me he was certified and worked for Micro soft after I asked him. I had 3 computers running at the time My main My game server and My lap top that I used to monitor a chat room.
I would keep him on the phone for as long as I could just to waste his time. Ounce I was at the shop when one called I had him on the phone for 30 minutes playing his game.
I stopped getting calls when they called while I was driving and I had enough I asked what operating system I had and he couldn’t tell me then I called him a Liar and for what ever reason it pissed him off. I probable shouldn’t have called him on his BS.

There are lots of computer scams and many fall for them. Some folks lose thousands