Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Passes

Post by MadCow »

JFL Live wrote:
Designer wrote:
As with most ALL of 'science'...As we learn more,...the once proclaimed "absolute laws".......are found to not be so.

I never did buy into the big bang theory...

[emoji476]

Well played.
-DBTO

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

I'm not convinced either. It's either a deficiency in the postulator or in my ability to absorb the unexplainable. My head hurts.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Even your little picture is incorrect. It was far more than a billion ago and what is BC for. That was just 2000 years ago.

Your picture depicts an explosion leaving in its wake the universe. You do not understand do you.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: I never did buy into the big bang theory...
Fred wrote: ... You should take time to learn of the wonderful world you live in, it is fantastic. ... You do not understand do you.
C'mon Fred. Can't you at least try to contribute without the personal slights? Eh? There's really no need for that. :cheers:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Fred wrote:Even your little picture is incorrect. It was far more than a billion ago and what is BC for. That was just 2000 years ago.

Your picture depicts an explosion leaving in its wake the universe. You do not understand do you.

What...? You're saying my little picture doesn't accurately represent the beginning of space and time and the modern universe as we know it today? :blink:

Do you know how many hours I spent on google looking for that? :donno:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

JFL Live wrote:
Fred wrote:Even your little picture is incorrect. It was far more than a billion ago and what is BC for. That was just 2000 years ago.

What...? You're saying my little picture doesn't accurately represent the beginning of space and time and the modern universe as we know it today? :blink:

Dont get your knickers twisted. Your little picture does not represent the big bang and what happened. Don't worry lots of people don't understand. Its easier to believe in fairies.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Fred wrote:
Dont get your knickers twisted. Your little picture does not represent the big bang and what happened. Don't worry lots of people don't understand. Its easier to believe in fairies.

You really need to work on your sense of humor.

And in the mean time, might I suggest some light reading... [emoji41]

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

JFL Live wrote:
Fred wrote:

You need to work on your sense of humor.

And in the mean time, might I suggest some light reading...

emc what the hell is emc that means nothing.

Sorry about the humour thing, to be honest ive tried it but :ahha: it does'nt turn me on.

I get this empty feeling of space.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:
JFL Live wrote:
Fred wrote:

You need to work on your sense of humor.

And in the mean time, might I suggest some light reading...

emc what the hell is emc that means nothing.

Sorry about the humour thing, to be honest ive tried it but :ahha: it does'nt turn me on.

I get this empty feeling of space.
Energy equals Mass times a Constant squared. Dont ask me what that means though. ;IDunno: :lol:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Well no it is Energy equals mass times the speed of light to 10 to the power of 8 or is it 8 to the power of 10.

It basically explains how a hammer works on a nail,-- it does'nt matter. :lmao:

BUT the speed of light is under scrutiny which is how we got here. So if C is a constant ---well it aint no more. And so it should be, if I see it correctly the speed of the hammer can be fast or slow.

Energy to move the nail = mass of the hammer times the speed of the hammer in light years times 8 to the power of 10.

Im not very good at maths. Im sure some one will explain why I am wrong.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Fred wrote:
Im not very good at maths. Im sure some one will explain why I am wrong.
I'm not either. But squared () means "multiplied by itself", I got that much outta school. Not much else. [emoji2]

The speed of light is used as a constant sometimes but it is actually more of an absolute, in some senses. For the purposes of relativity it means the speed of light in a vacuum, the 186,000 miles per second you are familiar with. But light can move slower, much slower actually.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

How can it move slower!! you mean if the batteries are down.

Ive never understood that if light has no mass and it does'nt or you would be thrown back wards when you turned on your flash light then why can light net escape a black hole.

Gravity has no pull where there is no mass or weight.

Ever seen 2 ships get stuck together by gravity of each others mass.

Doing my head in --off to bed :bonk:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Fred wrote:How can it move slower!! you mean if the batteries are down.

Ive never understood that if light has no mass and it does'nt or you would be thrown back wards when you turned on your flash light then why can light net escape a black hole.

Actually when that happens to ships it's because of two things, neither of them gravity or mass per se, but rather how they affect the surface of the water, and, more commonly and when in motion in a shallow channel (which is where you're likely to see such side-to side collisions, in canals and shallow ports), there is a specific hydrodynamic effect that actually makes the ship create a hole in the water it sits in, due to displaced water having to move between the channel bottom and the hull at higher speed to get out of the way....some has to displace to the sides, which creates a low spot in the water surface, as there's just not as much water under and around the hull as there would be at rest. When two such ships get close enough that their divots join, so will their hulls, it's inevitable. They get forced together like Cheerios floating on milk. Which is actually dictated by barometric pressure's action on the surface shape, another story though...

Anyway the speed of light is dictated by what it is passing through. Like I said, the oft quoted speed is really just an absolute in perfect vacuum. Many factors can affect the actual speed.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:How can it move slower!! you mean if the batteries are down.

Light is made up of "photons" they are subatomic particles of electromagnetic energy, they have zero mass when they are not in motion, and they are so small that despite moving literally at the speed of light their force (mass time velocity squared) is negligible. iirc it has something to do with the movement of electrons when energized, they get into an "highly excited state" and throw off excess energy.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Anyway the speed of light is dictated by what it is passing through. Like I said, the oft quoted speed is really just an absolute in perfect vacuum. Many factors can affect the actual speed.
Or you could use the force...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
WHOA! :lolfall: Now, don’t get all defensive, Jeffco, but that seems to be intellectual gobbledegook! If I aim my headlights at your front door, just how long will it take for the high beams to penetrate that medium? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Of course speed of light is measured in the vacuum of outer space! Where else, your bathroom? And just what factors affect ACTUAL speed? Yeah, I know, mention light being sucked into a black hole or something else irrelevant to earthly reality! Good grief!

You know what I think? Not that you give a shit, but I think Hawking contributed not one stinking infinitesimal iota of information that relates to my life or that of anyone I know. That’s what! :OhNo;

And, just as an aside... twins, identical. One spends a considerable time in orbit. Now he no longer shares same genetic code as his twin. This has just been disclosed. Extrapolate... boys and girls on their way to Mars, colonists. During the ride their genetic code is damaged. Can you imagine the freaking mutants that will be born on Mars? It will be the true origin of little green men! :lmao: Mars! What a joke! Robots landed there and desperately dug holes looking for proof of life and water, and they sent back pictures of a freaking wasteland! :lmao: And that’s where the brainiacs want to go for escape from impending Earthly doom? That whole mars bit is a joke, a very ludicrous one. Remember I said that the Musk effort at space ships would ultimately be co-opted for military reasons? Already happening as President Trump and ol Elon get chummy with talk of a Space Force. There will be efforts at Mars, but only robotic and with military intent in a brand new international space race.

Intellect is subjective at best. It will never supplant the necessary objectivity of common sense.

And sci-fi nonsense is good for what some call giggles and shits, nothing else.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
WHOA! :lolfall: Now, don’t get all defensive, Jeffco, but that seems to be intellectual gobbledegook! If I aim my headlights at your front door, just how long will it take for the high beams to penetrate that medium? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Of course speed of light is measured in the vacuum of outer space! Where else, your bathroom? And just what factors affect ACTUAL speed? Yeah, I know, mention light being sucked into a black hole or something else irrelevant to earthly reality! Good grief!

You know what I think? Not that you give a shit, but I think Hawking contributed not one stinking infinitesimal iota of information that relates to my life or that of anyone I know. That’s what! :OhNo;

And, just as an aside... twins, identical. One spends a considerable time in orbit. Now he no longer shares same genetic code as his twin. This has just been disclosed. Extrapolate... boys and girls on their way to Mars, colonists. During the ride their genetic code is damaged. Can you imagine the freaking mutants that will be born on Mars? It will be the true origin of little green men! :lmao: Mars! What a joke! Robots landed there and desperately dug holes looking for proof of life and water, and they sent back pictures of a freaking wasteland! :lmao: And that’s where the brainiacs want to go for escape from impending Earthly doom? That whole mars bit is a joke, a very ludicrous one. Remember I said that the Musk effort at space ships would ultimately be co-opted for military reasons? Already happening as President Trump and ol Elon get chummy with talk of a Space Force. There will be efforts at Mars, but only robotic and with military intent in a brand new international space race.

Intellect is subjective at best. It will never supplant the necessary objectivity of common sense.

:blink:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

Monumental effort, but the act is growing weary. :donno:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Another one of my posts deleted by MC I have no idea why so why do it. Why dont you say why its been deleted and then you can lock the thread and show us how powerful you are.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Fred wrote:Another one of my posts deleted by MC I have no idea why so why do it. Why dont you say why its been deleted and then you can lock the thread and show us how powerful you are.
You have no idea why I delete your personal attacks?

:lmao: :lmao:
-DBTO