RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Passes

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
Anyway the speed of light is dictated by what it is passing through. Like I said, the oft quoted speed is really just an absolute in perfect vacuum. Many factors can affect the actual speed.
WHOA! :lolfall: Now, don’t get all defensive, Jeffco, but that seems to be intellectual gobbledegook! If I aim my headlights at your front door, just how long will it take for the high beams to penetrate that medium? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Of course speed of light is measured in the vacuum of outer space! Where else, your bathroom? And just what factors affect ACTUAL speed? Yeah, I know, mention light being sucked into a black hole or something else irrelevant to earthly reality! Good grief!

You know what I think? Not that you give a shit, but I think Hawking contributed not one stinking infinitesimal iota of information that relates to my life or that of anyone I know. That’s what! :OhNo;

And, just as an aside... twins, identical. One spends a considerable time in orbit. Now he no longer shares same genetic code as his twin. This has just been disclosed. Extrapolate... boys and girls on their way to Mars, colonists. During the ride their genetic code is damaged. Can you imagine the freaking mutants that will be born on Mars? It will be the true origin of little green men! :lmao: Mars! What a joke! Robots landed there and desperately dug holes looking for proof of life and water, and they sent back pictures of a freaking wasteland! :lmao: And that’s where the brainiacs want to go for escape from impending Earthly doom? That whole mars bit is a joke, a very ludicrous one. Remember I said that the Musk effort at space ships would ultimately be co-opted for military reasons? Already happening as President Trump and ol Elon get chummy with talk of a Space Force. There will be efforts at Mars, but only robotic and with military intent in a brand new international space race.

Intellect is subjective at best. It will never supplant the necessary objectivity of common sense.

And sci-fi nonsense is good for what some call giggles and shits, nothing else.
Monumental effort, but the act is growing weary. :donno:
You'll survive. Yep. [emoji2]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
Anyway the speed of light is dictated by what it is passing through. Like I said, the oft quoted speed is really just an absolute in perfect vacuum. Many factors can affect the actual speed.
WHOA! :lolfall: Now, don’t get all defensive, Jeffco, but that seems to be intellectual gobbledegook! If I aim my headlights at your front door, just how long will it take for the high beams to penetrate that medium? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Of course speed of light is measured in the vacuum of outer space! Where else, your bathroom? And just what factors affect ACTUAL speed? Yeah, I know, mention light being sucked into a black hole or something else irrelevant to earthly reality! Good grief!

You know what I think? Not that you give a shit, but I think Hawking contributed not one stinking infinitesimal iota of information that relates to my life or that of anyone I know. That’s what! :OhNo;

And, just as an aside... twins, identical. One spends a considerable time in orbit. Now he no longer shares same genetic code as his twin. This has just been disclosed. Extrapolate... boys and girls on their way to Mars, colonists. During the ride their genetic code is damaged. Can you imagine the freaking mutants that will be born on Mars? It will be the true origin of little green men! :lmao: Mars! What a joke! Robots landed there and desperately dug holes looking for proof of life and water, and they sent back pictures of a freaking wasteland! :lmao: And that’s where the brainiacs want to go for escape from impending Earthly doom? That whole mars bit is a joke, a very ludicrous one. Remember I said that the Musk effort at space ships would ultimately be co-opted for military reasons? Already happening as President Trump and ol Elon get chummy with talk of a Space Force. There will be efforts at Mars, but only robotic and with military intent in a brand new international space race.

Intellect is subjective at best. It will never supplant the necessary objectivity of common sense.

Oh what he hell. Light has been demonstrated to move as slow as 17 meters per second in some materials, which is about 38 miles per hour.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:

Oh what he hell. Light has been demonstrated to move as slow as 17 meters per second in some materials, which is about 38 miles per hour.
Did you know that once that light passes through that material and hits free space again it goes back to the 186,282 miles per second? That's cool.

Yup, Light travels more slowly when passing through things like glass or even water, but goes back to its higher speed as soon as it returns to free space again.
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Good grief. Anyone care to discuss diffusion? :lolfall: It picks up speed once it gets back into outer space! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good one, MC. I laughed out loud reading that! [emoji106]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:Another one of my posts deleted by MC I have no idea why so why do it. Why dont you say why its been deleted and then you can lock the thread and show us how powerful you are.
You have no idea why I delete your personal attacks?

:lmao: :lmao:
Oh boo hoo I attacked you, did you cry boo hoo.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:Another one of my posts deleted by MC I have no idea why so why do it. Why dont you say why its been deleted and then you can lock the thread and show us how powerful you are.
You have no idea why I delete your personal attacks? :lmao: :lmao:

Thank you for editing freddie-babys posts, MadCow. :bow:

Just look at how it pisses him off. :naughty:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Designer wrote:
MadCow wrote:
You have no idea why I delete your personal attacks? :lmao: :lmao:

Thank you for editing freddie-babys posts, MadCow. :bow:

Just look at how it pisses him off. :naughty:
Truth be told, he didn't attack me, he jumped in the middle of roadking's and jeffco's conversation and was name calling RoadKing...like some schoolboy.

My patience is running thin.
-DBTO

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

tabasco wrote:Image
Funny. On many levels, know what I mean...
Signifying nothing”