Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Passes

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Passes

Post by Designer »

The headline I read is that he lived some 55 years past after being given only 2 years to live.

In a 2010 interview with ABC's "World New Tonight," Hawking was asked about the best fatherly advice he'd given.

"Here are the most important pieces of advice that I've passed on to my children," he said. "One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember is it rare and don't throw it away."

RIP Stephen.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Passes

Post by Fred »

An incredibly clever man seemingly swapping mobility for intelligence. A stout believer in the big bang and science.

He said something like-- the universe is simple place of laws.

He is not with god but with peace.

He explained it all for those who could think, but unfortunately many of his words fell on the stony ground of ignorance.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Fred wrote: An incredibly clever man seemingly swapping mobility for intelligence. A stout believer in the big bang and science. He said something like-- the universe is simple place of laws. He is not with god but with peace. He explained it all for those who could think, but unfortunately many of his words fell on the stony ground of ignorance.
It really is quite a loss for us humans. Today is Pi Day, and also Einstein's birthday. I think the science community will surely claim this date as a special day for years to come. Twitter is all abuzz this morning... the man will be missed by so many, around the world. A sad day indeed.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

We being contemporaneous will remember him in a much different way than he will be depicted to future generations. We know of Einstein, what we read, and so on. But had we lived in his day, we'd have known of him on a human level. Curious with his ailment that should have killed him quickly, he actually live a normalish life span.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

[emoji2] Being so brilliant, he probably manipulated space time in his favor... ...

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

Time does not exist.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

jonnycando wrote:Time does not exist.
My Timex begs to differ.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

You're right.......there is only space [emoji106]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

KAJUN wrote:

You're right.......there is only space [emoji106]
And arguably, the matter within......

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

If no time......who is on your side?........ :putput:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

His most shocking statement was that the entire universe came from a small thing the size of 1mm divided by billion o billions,--smaller than an atom. Now I have managed to get my head around some stuff that not a lot of others have but that is pushing it just a bit.

With a statement like that the creationists sound sensible.

Einsteins theory of light being the fastest speed possible is now under a great deal of scrutiny. Thing is there is no reason why it should be, you can always go faster.

At the speed of light just altering you wing mirrors would make a vast difference.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

In The Beginning. The Word. God.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

RoadKing wrote:In The Beginning. The Word. God.
Very very very very very clever people,--so clever they are celebrities on TV and people ask them stuff about the universe and they teach in universities---- they don't agree with that.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

RoadKing wrote:In The Beginning. The Word. God.
God has lips? Who was there to hear that? When you try to communicate to another being it gets garbled how do you know this was what was said? Where is your evidence?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

KAJUN wrote:He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: And god said if you want more money just say to your bank book move the zeros over to the other other side and nothing will be impossible. But you will be arrested.

Are these religious nuts for real,-- No seriously are you taking the piss or what.

Nothing is impossible!!! go to the hospital and cure a few people will ya.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:His most shocking statement was that the entire universe came from a small thing the size of 1mm divided by billion o billions,--smaller than an atom. Now I have managed to get my head around some stuff that not a lot of others have but that is pushing it just a bit.

With a statement like that the creationists sound sensible.

Einsteins theory of light being the fastest speed possible is now under a great deal of scrutiny. Thing is there is no reason why it should be, you can always go faster.

At the speed of light just altering you wing mirrors would make a vast difference.
Albert Einstein once said "Only two things are limitless, the Universe and human stupidity, and I have my doubts about the Universe."
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Designer wrote:
As with most ALL of 'science'...As we learn more,...the once proclaimed "absolute laws".......are found to not be so.

I never did buy into the big bang theory...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

JFL Live wrote:
Designer wrote:
As with most ALL of 'science'...As we learn more,...the once proclaimed "absolute laws".......are found to not be so.

I never did buy into the big bang theory...

Thats because it has never been explained properly. Its not a big bang and then when the dust clears there is houses!!! There are laws of science for everything. Jump in the air and you will come down, hit a nail with a hammer and it moves into the wood,---all simple laws.

You should take time to learn of the wonderfull world you live in, it is fantastic.