One of those "read between the lines" cases

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

One of those "read between the lines" cases

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I love those. Where the TV news is going full-on with a story, and then they suddenly pull it back and have little to say about it, and you have to put the pieces together yourself.

OK so last week on Tuesday this married father of two some kind of contractor I gather tells his wife he's going to give an estimate and do a couple of things, be back later tonight. Except he doesn't come back.

By Thursday the news is covering the disappearance, showing pics of the guy and wife with happy smiles and kids with hockey uniforms and soccer balls and family pics and the description/plate of his car and if you've seen him call and alla that.

Lotta Facebook chatter, bring him home safe, hashtag this, whatever. Just inundating all forms of media.

The whole time I'm thinking "This guy ghosted himself, he's up to something."

Then Friday, the story suddenly goes cold. Just something on the news about the police no longer say it's a suspicious disappearance, he was seen by a witness who knows him well on Thursday, and the family says they have no comment on the matter. Facebook postings disappear. Ah, I think to myself. This is unraveling. I was correct.

But it even takes a weirder turn. The police had said on Friday, during the last "He's still a missing person" newscast, that they found his vehicle, unlocked, with his phone fully charged inside, at a parking lot about ten miles from his house.

Then later they say that they have a body positively identified as him. Whoops, what? This doesn't EXACTLY fit with my scenario, but we'll see what else comes of it.

Then I found a mention in a different source that the missing persons cases of this guy AND another person (female) were no longer considered suspicious. Well now. It begins to fall into place, I believe.

Dude cuts out on the wife and family for an explainable overnighter with his side piece. Maybe they've got plans to run off together, maybe they just wanna bonk in a hotel for a day or two...either way, somehow it stretches out far enough that wife manages to create a shitstorm of media and police attention to the case, maybe outta actual naive concern, maybe outta calculated spite...who knows, my faith in the depths of a woman's scorn have no bounds...LOL...at any rate, this dude wakes up to see himself all over the news on the hour, and realizes that he's about to be outed as the POS he is.

So he offs himself. Police won't say what his cause of death was. But the fact that they are playing so close seems to point to that.

Anyhow. Interesting story. Still developing.

Got a better theory? Love to hear it. I'm pretty one-track when it comes to these things. People are generally pretty predictable.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: One of those "read between the lines" cases

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: ... So he offs himself. Police won't say what his cause of death was. But the fact that they are playing so close seems to point to that. Got a better theory? Love to hear it. I'm pretty one-track when it comes to these things. People are generally pretty predictable.
[emoji2] I'm with you up until the suicide. I don't think so. Ya gotta go deeper down the rabbit hole... needs another twist... :donno:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Obviously he was abducted by aliens and failed some experiment so they threw him back.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Cuban wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: ... So he offs himself. Police won't say what his cause of death was. But the fact that they are playing so close seems to point to that. Got a better theory? Love to hear it. I'm pretty one-track when it comes to these things. People are generally pretty predictable.
[emoji2] I'm with you up until the suicide. I don't think so. Ya gotta go deeper down the rabbit hole... needs another twist... :donno:
Another twist would be cool, but I can't get past how a guy would feel to realize that while he thought the worst that could happen is his wife finds out, he comes to find the whole area aware of his antics and TV and cops and the whole damn internet and everything involved....NOBODY could handle that level of shame. Unless they were just a complete asshole to begin with. Maybe not even then....

But maybe not. Maybe her husband slit his throat or sumptin' :evil:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

JFL Live wrote:Obviously he was abducted by aliens and failed some experiment so they threw him back.
80 ft satellite dish

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
80 ft satellite dish

Cartman under alien control...

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,
I love to sing-a,
About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a,"
I love to, I love to sing!
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

JFL Live wrote:Obviously he was abducted by aliens and failed some experiment so they threw him back.
That's what happened to me! The last words they said in hill billy were , Don't call us we'll call you! Kind of a let down as was enjoying fun with the three tit 65-28-36 alien gal asking the questions and hooking up wires to my head. :bonk: :putput:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

old time rider wrote:
That's what happened to me! The last words they said in hill billy were , Don't call us we'll call you! Kind of a let down as was enjoying fun with the three tit 65-28-36 alien gal asking the questions and hooking up wires to my head. :bonk: :putput:

You had me until the 65-28-36 part...no need to brag. :fubird:
-DBTO

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

old time rider wrote:
Was this her?

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: ... Maybe her husband slit his throat or sumptin' :evil:
[emoji2] Husband? I was thinking gay lover. The wholesome family image was a front all along, but for the wife. She coerced him to go wherever it was he went, and the gay lesbian hit woman was waiting. She takes Mr. Hapless hostage and tortures him for a while, just for kicks. After she finally gets around to killing him, Mrs. Wholesome shows up pissed about being kept waiting. Little Miss Hitbitch goes missing... the story continues... :tongue:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Cuban wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: ... Maybe her husband slit his throat or sumptin' :evil:
[emoji2] Husband? I was thinking gay lover. The wholesome family image was a front all along, but for the wife. She coerced him to go wherever it was he went, and the gay lesbian hit woman was waiting. She takes Mr. Hapless hostage and tortures him for a while, just for kicks. After she finally gets around to killing him, Mrs. Wholesome shows up pissed about being kept waiting. Little Miss Hitbitch goes missing... the story continues... :tongue:
[emoji2]

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

[space]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Ono!! I was thinking same thing as these last three Weird O's ! Well guess they are a lot smarter than this hill billy ,but so are 97% of human being's :bonk: .I am so behind the times had no idea who S. Hawking was till the show BIG BANG came on. If not for Penny may have not found out. :putput:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

He could have used the same excuse I kept using for 19+ years......
But do it in the daytime...and have some mud on your shoes when you get home...When your wife asks you where you've been..admit that you're sleeping with someone else.....when she sees the mud on your shoes ...she's gonna say..."You lying bastard...you've been playing golf"
Works every time [emoji106]
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

KAJUN wrote: He could have used the same excuse I kept using for 19+ years...
[emoji2] Johnny, why are you using that account? You forget yer password again?

I found this pic the other day and wanted to show it to you...