Interesting, if true

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Interesting, if true

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Just saw some stuff on the news about North Korea wanting to give up on its nuke program and the fat kid wants to talk face to face with Trump and they said that will happen by May if I got it right?

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Re: Interesting, if true

Post by wally w »

The South and North Koreans recently started talking to each other this deal came about through the efforts of the South who have a lot more at risk than we do. So let's hope this happens in May. I will refrain from guessing the outcome but Koreans are inscrutable. The old never the twain shall meet thing.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

They have to be at breaking point seeing as the entire Western world has imposed sanctions on them.

But the biggest kick in the guts was when China did the same.

It was only a matter of time before they would do this.

Proceed with caution still.....

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SOMEHOW IT SEEMS JUST LIKE THE ARABS AND THE JEWS SCENARIO ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

hillsy wrote:They have to be at breaking point seeing as the entire Western world has imposed sanctions on them.

I recently read a very interesting article (on a Thai news site) about how China is finally actually getting serious about cracking down on different ways money is kind of being laundered to N Korea.

One such was cross-border workers, who often work in the seafood processing facilities. They said it's understood when they go to work in China that most of the their pay goes to the N Korean gov't, and people who had done it before escaping said they were happy just to do it because the Chinese gave them beef ramen to eat every day and they were treated like rock stars when they went back home because THEY HAD SEEN THE OUTSIDE WORLD, and everybody wanted to know about it. It gave you very high social status, just to have known what the outside world is like.

But they lived in bunkhouses behind privacy walls, and had N Korean music and propaganda blasted at them while working, so they couldn't hear the Chinese workers talking, or hear other radios, etc...the only time they got out was when their handlers would take them to the open market so they could buy food items and maybe some items of clothes.

Anyway apparently the Chinese are finally closing up all these ways that money was funneling into the N Korean gov't.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
hillsy wrote:They have to be at breaking point seeing as the entire Western world has imposed sanctions on them.

I recently read a very interesting article (on a Thai news site) about how China is finally actually getting serious about cracking down on different ways money is kind of being laundered to N Korea.

One such was cross-border workers, who often work in the seafood processing facilities. They said it's understood when they go to work in China that most of the their pay goes to the N Korean gov't, and people who had done it before escaping said they were happy just to do it because the Chinese gave them beef ramen to eat every day and they were treated like rock stars when they went back home because THEY HAD SEEN THE OUTSIDE WORLD, and everybody wanted to know about it. It gave you very high social status, just to have known what the outside world is like.

But they lived in bunkhouses behind privacy walls, and had N Korean music and propaganda blasted at them while working, so they couldn't hear the Chinese workers talking, or hear other radios, etc...the only time they got out was when their handlers would take them to the open market so they could buy food items and maybe some items of clothes.

Anyway apparently the Chinese are finally closing up all these ways that money was funneling into the N Korean gov't.
But Russia isn't.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

OK, nobody else seems able to say it, I will! When President Trump was sworn in all the pundit idiot critics said that DC would change him real fast. He has changed DC! And the whole damned world! :cheers: Including the ugly little pot bellied NoKo dictator. Stick that in your smoke and pipe it, analysts! MAGA
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Seems to me it would be a giant step for them to sign an actual Peace Treaty even if they remain separate countries.

It's like an ugly divorce where they've been fighting over custody of the kids for the past 65 years, and neither one will sign the papers to just finalize the damn thing. They're separated, one side is seeing other people, more or less happy, the other is sitting in a dark room, with empty cupboards guzzling cheap whiskey saying everything is FINE! while throwing empty bottles at the other's house when they think no one is looking.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I think good things will come from this meeting because President Trump will be negotiating - as usual and as so orchestrated - from a position of advantage. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:I think good things will come from this meeting because President Trump will be negotiating - as usual and as so orchestrated - from a position of advantage. [space] [emoji106]
Yep. Playing the Trump card at the right place and time. As usual. POTUS will own the table and will walk away without hesitation if Fum Lum Dung triés to play him.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

I heard N Korea will be completely out of money in a month or two. Might have something to do with it and the sudden stop in missile testing.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

JFL Live wrote:I heard N Korea will be completely out of money in a month or two. Might have something to do with it and the sudden stop in missile testing.

That's it in a nutshell. They've been sanctioned for years and when China finally said enough then the writing was on the wall.

If it was Trump doing this alone he probably would have hit the button.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

RoadKing wrote:
SuzyRidr2 wrote:I think good things will come from this meeting because President Trump will be negotiating - as usual and as so orchestrated - from a position of advantage. [space] [emoji106]
Yep. Playing the Trump card at the right place and time. As usual. POTUS will own the table and will walk away without hesitation if Fum Lum Dung triés to play him.
I agree. Trump always deals from a position of power and he either plays by his rules or not at all.
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy wrote:
JFL Live wrote:I heard N Korea will be completely out of money in a month or two. Might have something to do with it and the sudden stop in missile testing.

That's it in a nutshell. They've been sanctioned for years and when China finally said enough then the writing was on the wall.

Yeah, well it is President Trump alone that Hung Ying Yang is wanting to Pow Wow with, not the Prez of China or anyone else. Trump Derangement Syndrome makes some folks say really stupid stuff.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Could be good, but it comes with a cost.
Trump is the elected representative of the most powerful nation in the world, so the fact that he is willing to meet for talk's with this little piss ant dictator gives the piss ant status. Un knows this.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Could be good, but it comes with a cost.
Trump is the elected representative of the most powerful nation in the world, so the fact that he is willing to meet for talk's with this little piss ant dictator gives the piss ant status. Un knows this.
Absolute bullshit. The piss ant is threatening the world when he threatens The US with nukes. The whole world is down on the piss ant. Piss ant has to disarm totally. He has no upper hand nor status. And, yes, it is true President Trump will strike, i have no doubt, because Un gives up his shit or he is dust. The era of The Bushies and The Klintons is over. The little piss ant and many anti Trumpers need to figure that out.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

RoadKing wrote:
hillsy wrote:

Yeah, well it is President Trump alone that Hung Ying Yang is wanting to Pow Wow with, not the Prez of China or anyone else. Trump Derangement Syndrome makes some folks say really stupid stuff.

You forget that it was after Chump had the Chinese president over for dinner that China imposed its sanctions on NK. Prior to that China didn't want to get involved.....

China was the tipping point for NK but Rocket Man is smart enough to realise if he wants it to go the other way then Chump is the one who has influence over China and the words need to be spoken into his ears.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Yep. Trump Derangement Syndrome to the max. Damned fools.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:Could be good, but it comes with a cost.
I'm sure in his country the spin is that glorious leader fat kid's nukes have scared the United States demon to the bargaining table... [emoji2]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

RK, you can throw whatever BS you want at this topic but at the end of the day, Trump blinked.
Trump should have said sign the papers JUST like every previous president since the ceasefire. Sign it and then we'll talk.
IF as the drum beaters are claiming, Trump's diplomacy has brought Un to his knees, there's no reason for Trump to meet with him UNTIL the papers signed and Un dismantles his nuclear facilities.
Here's what's gonna happen; they'll meet, China will again start pumping money in, and Un will be emboldened so back to his usual game.
You read it here FIRST, remember.

Oh and for the record, this isn't about liking or disliking Trump, it's about piss poor diplomacy. If Barry had pulled this same stunt you'd be cussing.