Think Daytona Bike Week

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Think Daytona Bike Week

Post by n-trude »

I asked my brothers what about bike week? Daytona Beach.
Iets go to FI. How about it....

So I found a hoteI, OK its $200 a night..... Found a campground for $20 per person per night.
I think HoteI :rock:

So If they can get stuff together we might just go Friday...thru Tuesday.

So maybe! I hope I can get them to go, anyone eIse thinking of it.
Just to get out of town, I know its crowded, over bIown.
But I never been there, found a theater, showing Easy Rider, Sunday. :lmao:

I wiII take a chair and watch the parade.... :lmao: [emoji106]
Ever Been?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Think Daytona Bike Week

Post by RoadKing »

1991. 50th Bike Week. My favorite year. Memories galore. So many people there I knew and met many more. Rode in a pack with Billy Gibbons, what a hoot! Riding in the parade was heavily emotional, an experience of a lifetime. I hope you go and soak up the wonderful experience along with some sunshine! [emoji2]
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

1978 only and last time at bike week in Fl.Back of cop car for no good reason was reason enough to just do Sturgis and other meets after that.... :putput:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

I'll be riding the Versys over there on Tuesday morning. The weather's supposed to be chilly all week. (We just came off an entire month of February with record temps in the upper 80's. As soon as my Spring Break starts...cold and rainy. :hellfire: )
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by n-trude »

OK D Fan I thought your state was good weather, I see cooI and wet.
ShouId I wait for a few days?

Ntrude

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

n-trude wrote:OK D Fan I thought your state was good weather, I see cooI and wet.
ShouId I wait for a few days?

Ntrude

According to the forecasts this coming Sunday and Monday morning will be in the upper 60"s and rainy. After Monday it will be clear skies but chilly, high's in the 60"s.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

DevilsFan wrote:it will be clear skies but chilly, high's in the 60"s.
:lmao:

For real? I was just telling the wife it's supposed to be nice out next Friday. High in the mid 40's and mostly cloudy

:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
DevilsFan wrote:it will be clear skies but chilly, high's in the 60"s.

For real? I was just telling the wife it's supposed to be nice out next Friday. High in the mid 40's and mostly cloudy

Yep. I was gonna say that Florida riders are a bunch of pussies but I won’t say that. 60 and clear sky here in Upstate would bring out the scoots in droves! [emoji106]

I know some folks who trailer their bikes from here to E Tennessee then ride with Tennessee people on into Daytona where they think 60 is heaven!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by n-trude »

Screwed

One brother backed out, then other said ??? weather, he was not sure..

So Expedia grabbed $800 off my card for the hoteI I found.
So some caIIing and backpeddIing..... they said you get the money back
in 5 or 7 days or two biIIing cycIes bIa bIa bIa

I am retired and they had no commitments to stop them, maybe a wife
to keep happy for one brother.... :lmao: :lmao:

But no Bike Week for me. Hope D Fan goes to see some bikes.

Trout season opened in Mo. so one brother got Iimit two days in a row.
Maybe crappie and bass wiII come on with weather heating up next week.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Girls family I was good friend's with back in my high school days owns the oldest Honda dealership here. They go every year and took me along once. Was the first and last time for me. I discovered that I am not a fan of bike gatherings on that scale.
We have "Roar on the Shore" here every summer. Started off about 10 or so years back with crowds of about 6-7k and now it packs in tens of thousands.
I designed a demo ride route for Victory at the first event and now the Indians are using it. Also headed or swept for victory the first five year's. It's gotten so big that I can't find much joy in doing the demos all day for 4 day's in the heat. We'll normally just meet up with some friends and family during one of the evenings now.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Glad ya got your money back, n-trude.

I'm heading over tomorrow with 2 of the CTX owners. The weather this week here is awful!!! Call me a pessimist but I just KNEW that when our Spring Break came up the weather would be shitty. Sure enough...

It was gorgeous here the entire month of February...mid-80's with little clouds, just enough to not melt you, and a small breeze. Then March comes and crap! :hellfire:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

DevilsFan wrote:Glad ya got your money back, n-trude.

I'm heading over tomorrow with 2 of the CTX owners. The weather this week here is awful!!! Call me a pessimist but I just KNEW that when our Spring Break came up the weather would be shitty. Sure enough...

It was gorgeous here the entire month of February...mid-80's with little clouds, just enough to not melt you, and a small breeze. Then March comes and crap! :hellfire:
Man y'all get spoiled for weather down there! I'm jealous.

It's supposed to get up to almost 40 on Friday, I've been sick all weekend, bronchitis or something. Depending how I feel I might ride anyway, don't want to get sick again though.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

It was nice on Saturday for the Super X.
Nice Sunday for a ride to St. Augustine.
Rain today, but calling for clearing... we'll see.