2018 GoldWing

Keep it civil
Gradona
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour

2018 GoldWing

Post by Gradona »

Has anyone ridden one yet and what are your opinions. I'm pulling the trigger on one on Friday.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: 2018 GoldWing

Post by Designer »

Wow! :blink: [space] I can see why you are! [emoji106]

They certainly have upgraded the styling and appearances. :rock:

Please post your impressions,...I am curious as to your opinions.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Gradona
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Gradona »

I will be posting details as soon as riding weather comes around. I'm buying a DCT model. From everything I've seen and heard riding with the DCT is awesome!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

I don't understand why they don't have floorboards for the rider. They make a lot of sense on a bike you ride all day.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

They sure are nice :)

Not as nice as my RGU though :P
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Grant it's not an rt or even a k16, but nice. The DCT is ok but you'll really need to play with it until you find out what mode for what roads. Vast improvement on the previous wing.
I was considering pulling the trigger on one myself but I decided to hold off and let them get the bugs out.

Gradona
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Gradona »

Tim, I wanted to wait till the 2nd generation too but I'm too impulsive. First gen ST1300, First gen K16, First gen R12WC, etc., etc.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Hey Grant, You got me going here. [emoji106] A Bike worthy of consideration.

I did some searching, and according to Experts In The Field Of Motorcycle Riding, there are SO many New, and Improved Elements in this motorcycle that are available to you. The Thinking behind the Technologically Sensible Advancements they made it seem like comparisons to other models First Gen more like,...obsolete.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... -tour.html

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Grant, I think you are gonna miss the RT intuitive controls, but hey enjoy. It does ride nice.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

HEY, IT'S A HONDA !

WELL THOUGHT OUT AND BULLETPROOF.

ENJOY THE THRILL OF A NEW BIKE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

HARRIS wrote:HEY, IT'S A HONDA !

WELL THOUGHT OUT AND BULLETPROOF.

ENJOY THE THRILL OF A NEW BIKE ....
My sentiments exactly. If you're going to jump on a first generation of anything, Honda is by far the safest bet [emoji106] Enjoy!
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

It's a fine bike in it's own right, but it can't replace the old wing....it's WAY too small. The old one was a Motorhome on two wheels, and for good reason.. it was meant to go places, and you could pack for good long ride. Lucky now if you can fit two or three days worth of duds....you'll spend half of your trip at the laundromat!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

jonnyc, not sure where you are getting that idea? The little bit you've lost in hard storage is easily made up and you only need changes of clothing for after the ride if you dress appropriately for the trip. If you are spending a week or more on the road and you don't own proper riding gear, you should make the investment. My wife and I make week and multi-week trips on the concour's, and always have additional storage. The wings got way more.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

Yep additional storage...the old wing didn't need it...unless you'd be gone for a month. I seen the new one up close and it looks like a scooter...it's tiny.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Methinks the old wing was for old farts whereas the new wing is for young farts.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

If you need more than 2 or 3 days worth of duds you're doing it wrong. Now think... How long can you wear a pair of jeans? How long can ya go between Saturday night baths? Do ya really need to spruce up after a day's ride? After all, ya just been sitting there, not really working up a good sweat! Some of youse have lost the meaning of really roughing it! Switchin out yer undies every week or so aught to do it!

[emoji56]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Tiny? :lmao: dude I have owned 3 wings and they're anything but tiny. Still with all the hard storage riding two up without proper riding gear meant resorting to a luggage rack and dry bag. I've ridden the new wing and it's fine. You need anymore storage than it provides, take the car.
lonerider, if you purchase some decent riding pants and jacket you can eliminate rain gear and wearing street clothes while you're riding. Everything else goes in a saddlebag for after the ride. It's truly amazing how many changes of BVD's you pack in a saddlebag. At least one pair for every day [emoji106]

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

people may not be able to get everything they want in the storage compartments but they can get everything they need.

My bikes don't have anywhere near the storage of a Wing, but my wife and I have always made out fine, even on a 2 week trip.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

I carry complete changes of clothes...I wear nothing twice, that's nastiness. Either I gotta haul it around, or find a laundromat. And I ride a Rocket III with a 2300cc engine...your little bikes are puny!

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

UNDERWEAR. FRONT TO BACK, THEN INSIDE OUT, REPEAT ... GOOD FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS. WASH WHILE SHOWERING. SAME FOR SOCKS
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck