Broke it

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Broke it

Post by Tbeck »

Had to send my Sig off for repairs. Great customer service and warranty.
It's got to be 12 or more years old, tens of thousands of rounds down the tube and I called them and got a shipping label within 10 minutes.
I just installed some new grip's, shot some ammo and noticed the safety felt stiffer than normal. Disassembled, cleaned, and while running the reassembling checks the hammer dropped when I cycled the safety off. Very bad!
Appears a new hammer and seer are in order but I have no doubts it will return in like new condition.
Gotta love American companies.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Broke it

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I'd been talking to a few people on other forums about my little NAA (Provo, UT) mini-mag, asking about their service program if I were to go that route. Everybody said they have very fast turnaround, you'll get the gun back in two weeks tops, probably faster, and said when they got theirs back it had bad parts and anything worn replaced, including grips, and was cleaned AND polished.

By contrast, when I had questions about my Taurus G2, I heard terrible stories of endless waits (some going into many months) and unavailable parts, and guns returned unrepaired with the same problem, with documentation saying that they couldn't reproduce/verify the issue. Even though their warranty service is in Florida now, it seems they have issues keeping up. :donno:

Luckily, I didn't have to deal with them.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Sig is a great company. They really take care of their law Enforcement people.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

I was born in Ithaca, NY. My Uncle Phil worked many years for Ithaca Gun Company until setting up shop and building custom guns in his basement. And, yeah, Ithaca 37 is a very good friend.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Chief, yep great company. I am waiting to get my paws on the new 365. Ultra compact with 10+1. Nobody around here has received their order yet.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

T...what Sig?

A few months back I came across a Sig P238 Sport. Man, that little thing felt awesome! I currently carry a S&W Bodyguard. Has to be one of the worst pocket guns ever made. People swear by them, so I got one, and cannot stand that POS thing!

I balked on the Sig as I learned they were going to discontinue that model. Or at least that what the gun employee told me.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Tbeck wrote:Chief, yep great company. I am waiting to get my paws on the new 365. Ultra compact with 10+1. Nobody around here has received their order yet.

When we wore out our 229’s sig took all of them back on trade and gave us brand new 320’s for $75 each. [emoji106]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

The 320 is sweet just not real easy for conceal, but GREAT trigger.

DF, I carry a 938 which is the same as the 238 except 9mm instead of 380. My daughter carries a 238. And no they didn't discontinue them. It's probably Sig's most popular CC micro.
The 238 is very nice IF you spend a LOT of time with it at the range. You need a real steady hand because it's small. The 938 is just a smig bigger which allows the shooter a bit more finger grab. Keep your eyes out for the 365 if you are in the market. Cost is about the same but it's 9mm and 10+1 instead of 6+1.
The bodyguard sucks BUT the shield is very nice if you like s&w.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by BoDog »

Yep, I have a no safety 9 mm shield. It’s a great gun

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

The 938 is a great bikini piece. It is so easily concealed I find myself getting lazy and pulling out a larger pistol to carry.

Sig's CS is great, I just wish they would offer more parts kits.

I am thinking a 225 classic is in my near future.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Chief & Travlin, hard to fault sig handguns or their CS.
When they first early released the 365 owners experienced a few minor issues and listened to the customers. Not only did they quickly address the small issues but customers felt it needed the X-ray sights which sig added, no extra $$. They even offered them to early owners.
I believe that the early issue was a failure to return to bat. mostly at magazine swap. Fixed so they're shipping again.
Travlin, the 365 is almost as compact as the 938, but striker w/no safety.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, I was gonna tell you this earlier but I have a kel-tec p11 I have owned forever. It's the wife's night stand gun because you point it and squeeze until the banging stops 10+1 plus another 10 if needed, no safety.
Anyhow it is the worst possible compact carry. Horrible 9lb trigger, sights had to be changed from the cheap plastic one's that came on it, hell even the slide rod is plastic, Lol. The point is that I paid a whopping $120 for it way back when it was new (must be 20-30 years) but if it was all you had it would do it's job. CC weapon's are up close and personal protection tool's, not range gun's. I have to remind myself of that on occasion. I'm sure your body guard would get it done if the need arose, but definitely worth shopping if you aren't comfortable with it.

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

Tbeck wrote: Travlin, the 365 is almost as compact as the 938, but striker w/no safety.
I guess I'm just an old school guy. Plastic just doesn't have any love in my heart. I have a G19 I carry when I don't want to risk f..king up a nice gun. Dead reliable, accurate but I can't find any attraction to it other than that. The 320 seems to be a great piece and I would expect the 365 to be no less once the growing pains go away. Can't see either in my safe though.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:DF, I was gonna tell you this earlier but I have a kel-tec p11 I have owned forever. It's the wife's night stand gun because you point it and squeeze until the banging stops 10+1 plus another 10 if needed, no safety.
Anyhow it is the worst possible compact carry. Horrible 9lb trigger, sights had to be changed from the cheap plastic one's that came on it, hell even the slide rod is plastic, Lol. The point is that I paid a whopping $120 for it way back when it was new (must be 20-30 years) but if it was all you had it would do it's job. CC weapon's are up close and personal protection tool's, not range gun's. I have to remind myself of that on occasion. I'm sure your body guard would get it done if the need arose, but definitely worth shopping if you aren't comfortable with it.

Thanks for the info, T!

And yes, the Bodyguard will get the job done but talk about trigger pull! As for that KelTec I was looking at...I may still get it as it looks fun to just shoot. The videos all say good things about it. At $420 I think it may be something to have. Plus, as it folds up, it's easy to pack in my pistol bag!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Ah you mean that 9mm kel-tec rifle/pistol thing... I am not sure if I would drop more than $200 on anything kel-tec makes. They cut costs by going real cheap on parts. Like I posted plastic sights and slide rod. I get the sights, but steel slide spring with a plastic rod? Cheap!