It's Ramond's fault...

Keep it civil
JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

It's Ramond's fault...

Post by JFL Live »

I miss arguing with him over the "Big-Bang" theory.

He believes in it and I don't. Finally Stephen Hawking agrees with me! [emoji41]

Stephen Hawking says he knows what happened before the dawn of time

He tells physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson that amid the almost infinitely small quantum foam of the singularity before the Big Bang, time existed in a ‘bent’” state.

It was distorted along another dimension — always getting fractionally closer to, but never becoming, nothing.

So there never was a Big Bang that created something from nothing.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: It's Ramond's fault...

Post by Designer »

:Umm: Uhhh,....wasn't it,....Ra-Y-mond"? :bow:

[emoji2]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Of course, you would post about somebody that agrees with you. As for the Neil deGrasse Tyson fellow I hear he is a fraud.

If there never was a big bang then all the word CERN is doing trying to figure out what happened at the moment the big bang happened is useless. As for me, there had to be a big bang, at least a huge sonic boom from all the particles headed off in different directions. :Umm: [space] :OhNo; [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Of course, you would post about somebody that agrees with you. As for the Neil deGrasse Tyson fellow I hear he is a fraud.

If there never was a big bang then all the word CERN is doing trying to figure out what happened at the moment the big bang happened is useless. As for me, there had to be a big bang, at least a huge sonic boom from all the particles headed off in different directions. :Umm: [space] :OhNo; [space] :soda:

There may have been an explosion. What I don't believe is that there was nothing before that. Also I don't believe all matter was compressed into an infinitely small point at the moment before the big bang.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

JFL Live wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:Of course, you would post about somebody that agrees with you. As for the Neil deGrasse Tyson fellow I hear he is a fraud.

There may have been an explosion. What I don't believe is that there was nothing before that. Also I don't believe all matter was compressed into an infinitely small point at the moment before the big bang.
Right? How was it compressed? What compressed it? Leaves too many questions in my mind. What was it compressed in? The failing of scientists is their tendency to ignore arguments that don't fit in with the theory they're trying to prove.

The point of time getting infinitely "smaller" but never crossing zero makes sense, if you think of it as a number of objects. Take one second (as an object), divide it in half, now you have a half a second, divide that in half, and you have a quarter second, divide that in half and so on. You can divide it an infinite number of times, and the number will get infinitely smaller but never be less than zero.

But it's a poor reference point. A million years seems like a long time to us, because we know that the universe has existed for billions, but if you follow that second back infinitely at some point in time a second was an eternity.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Here is where I stand on this big bang thing. The creator of this big bang and the universe is just a bunch of energy that took a piece of itself and made, what we call the universe, those known and unknown. So everything came from and is made out of the same thing energy. Everything has been proven to be made out of the same stuff and that stuff is energy. All atoms are made out of the same stuff which everything is made of atoms and those atoms are made out of energy. Now if we live in a computer matrix we would be made of energy. So it doesn't really matter what or where we live as we are nothing but energy to be made into whatever. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Met Raymond one time in Ky..We rode some miles had a meal and talked awhile. Very smart man but this topic never came up :lmao: .I did catch a bit of cagun still in his speech and it was a fun few hours...... :putput:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Someone want to tell me why ANYONE listens to Steven Hawking's? He came up with a big long theory of which he wrote a book to which a bunch of people wasted money buying because his theory was wrong.
His total claim to fame is the world's smartest man that was proven wrong :lol:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

JFL Live wrote:

Not all matter. Energy. Matter didn't (and couldn't) exist for some time after the initial expansion. Not light either. The energy wasn't coherent enough to form carriers and particles until it spread out and cooled greatly. Too much energy in a given "space" for that to happen.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:

But it's a poor reference point. A million years seems like a long time to us, because we know that the universe has existed for billions, but if you follow that second back infinitely at some point in time a second was an eternity.
Time is meaningless and irrelevant if it doesn't describe some action of matter, which is caused by energy in some form or another. The initial form of the energy released was completely and purely incoherent, and matter did not exist in ANY form, so time within that framework is kinda moot (heh, finally got to use it), except MAYBE as a function of the rate of temperature change as expansion took place. But I would think that even if it did have any relevance, as you say it would not be on the scale we're accustomed to.

Until a certain point, no matter, no light, no force carriers (NO, not Midi-chlorians, jeez [emoji2] ), not even the actual LAWS of quantum physics or gravity or electro-magnetism or any of that would exist. The framework upon which they exist could not even exist yet.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote: because his theory was wrong.
Which one?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Tbeck wrote: because his theory was wrong.
Which one?
Theory. THEORY. THEORY WAS WRONG! How in hell can a theory be wrong? Not very scientific, guys, they are just theories and not proven by scientific method one way or the other, right or wrong, you guys disagree with one another all you want about ‘theories’.

In the beginning was The Word.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

JFL Live wrote:
He tells physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson that amid the almost infinitely small quantum foam of the singularity before the Big Bang, time existed in a ‘bent’” state.

It was distorted along another dimension — always getting fractionally closer to, but never becoming, nothing.

Can someone tell me what the F he just said?
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

MadCow wrote:
JFL Live wrote:

No.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Jeffco his black hole theory for one. Now take that assertion and consider how he applied it within his big bang theory and that calls into question the entire theory.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

MadCow wrote:
JFL Live wrote:

:lolfall: Gobbledygoop.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

How can a theory be anything but a guess ? With RK on this.Just the word before any thing means just that! Your guess :putput: :putput:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

old time rider wrote:How can a theory be anything but a guess ? With RK on this.Just the word before any thing means just that! Your guess :putput: :putput:
Maybe in layman's terms. In the scientific community it means something else. What most people refer to as a "theory" would better be described as a hypothesis. Or 'hypothetical" it's an untested idea. Once it's gone through the Scientific Method it can become a Theory, as long as it obeys all the scientific laws ie. the law of gravity, it has been published in a scientific journal and subjected to peer review. Peer review is where all the scientists in the world try and poke holes in the hypothesis and disprove it somehow, if no one can, THEN it becomes a Theory.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:

Time is meaningless and irrelevant if it doesn't describe some action of matter, which is caused by energy in some form or another. The initial form of the energy released was completely and purely incoherent, and matter did not exist in ANY form, so time within that framework is kinda moot (heh, finally got to use it), except MAYBE as a function of the rate of temperature change as expansion took place. But I would think that even if it did have any relevance, as you say it would not be on the scale we're accustomed to.

Until a certain point, no matter, no light, no force carriers (NO, not Midi-chlorians, jeez [emoji2] ), not even the actual LAWS of quantum physics or gravity or electro-magnetism or any of that would exist. The framework upon which they exist could not even exist yet.
Energy can be neither created nor destroyed, so it isn't possible for there to have been a time where there was no energy, and then suddenly there was.

Looking at it from the rate of expansion point of view, you look at time vs distance so as the seconds that have existed become fractionally smaller and smaller so too does the space the Universe occupies. It would have all been contained in fractions of millimeters, going back logically. Just like one "day" an infinite number of years in the future a century, by our measurement, will pass like a millisecond. As long as it's passing through the void of space it will theoretically never stop expanding, unless "dark matter" is found to occupy the depths of space and has a mass to act against the expansion, if so, than one day the expansion will stop. All the stars will have burnt out and the Universe will be still. And dark, but "filled" will these "massive" objects in the space that it expanded to, and beyond that would be nothing, but potential energy expanding out into the void searching for a place to happen.

So, anyway. Towards the beginning, the rate of expansion would have happened rapidly, because of all the stored up energy, but relative to the amount of time that has ever existed, it would have taken all of eternity to happen. Follow? :ahha: :lol:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

As planets break back down as the energy of mass fails and gravity no longer holds them together. Atoms break back down, because the electrical energy holding them together gives up, things go back into a state of nothing, probably where the idea of "dark matter" comes from, and the concept of an ever expanding and contracting universe, that forms, breaks down, coalesces and reforms, constantly :Umm: Doesn't really explain a "beginning" though :cheers: