One reason for so much violence

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

One reason for so much violence

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

NORMAN, Okla. – After a year in prison, the man who pleaded guilty to killing a woman and injuring another while driving drunk is now free.

Conner Ottis, 24, was sentenced to seven years in prison for first-degree manslaughter and driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol resulting in great bodily injury for the death of Starla Garcia and the serious injury of Dalana Tyler. On Wednesday, Cleveland County District Judge Lori Walkley suspended the the remaining six years of the sentence.

Ottis’ suspended sentence has conditions that include more than 2,000 hours of community service, one for everyday of his sentence. He’ll also be required to donate $5,000 to the Boys and Girls Club in Garcia’s name, and spend his birthday, August 30th, Garcia’s birthday, July 19th, and Tyler’s birthday, April 27th, in jail for the next six years.
Seven frigging years for killing a woman and the Seminole county DA wanted to send me to prison for 15 years for APC (actual physical control of a motor vehicle). I was waiting for a ride home as my pickup was needing work and I had drank a few beers since I knew I was getting a ride home. I also did not have the keys to the vehicle on me nor were they in the ignition. I remember giving them to the dad of the guy giving me a ride home.

So this asshole kills a women and spends less time in jail (1/15th) than I would have and I was doing what the courts tell you to do. As a matter of fact I spent more time in the drug court system than he spent in jail. Drug court was the only way I was able to not go to prison. :hellfire: It is a 24 month program where the only real difference between it and prison is you get to go home and sleep in your bed every night. I wish that asshole had done his misdeed in Seminole county cause he wouldn't have gotten off so easy. Hell more than likely he would still be in prison looking at years before he gets out.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: One reason for so much violence

Post by MadCow »

Back in 2010, a drunk killed my 19 year old niece. He just got out of alcohol rehab.

I have no mercy for those who think it's ok to drive drunk.
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

And so, what is the “one reason for so much violence”?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

RoadKing wrote:And so, what is the “one reason for so much violence”?
Alcohol, perhaps? ;IDunno:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

RoadKing wrote:And so, what is the “one reason for so much violence”?
The lack of a deterrent, something that will stop a person from repeating his offenses time after time. We have entirely too many repeat offenders in America in our society. I know I was one of them. Maybe we need to bring back the public stocks and put offenders on display for a few weeks or months. Being in the stocks during a bad rain storm might change the attitude of a few people.

You can bet if I had been given the proper deterrent the first time I got a dui it would never have happened again. But when I got my first one they were handed out and looked at as parking tickets. You got a slap on the wrist, which was a small fine, and told not to do it again. The one thing that has stopped me from drinking is knowing that the next time I get caught drinking and driving I get sent to prison for a long long time. And there is nothing I can do to stop it except to not drink any more. Even losing my licence didn't stop me from driving as I drove and got tickets for not having a DL. Not once did they tow the car or take it away from me for good. Hell, I even got to drive on to where I was going more than once. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Maybe we should eliminate the preemptive laws like DUI, and return to DWI? Then if someone broke said law we hang them. Problem solved and no need to worry about repeat offenders, right?
Rehabilitation and deterrents only work for something less than 25% of those individuals who do jail time. Obviously neither work.
So the reason for so much violence must be that we don't kill enough guilty people.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

The one reason for violence is original sin. And when Cain killed Abel it was only the beginning and it is nothing new. Shit happens and shit stinks, all we can do is try to survive it and keep ourselves clean until we are called Home.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

:lmao:
RoadKing wrote:The one reason for violence is original sin. And when Cain killed Abel it was only the beginning and it is nothing new. Shit happens and shit stinks, all we can do is try to survive it and keep ourselves clean until we are called Home.
:lmao: :lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Your laughter, Phred, only serves to lend credibility to what you laugh at. Thank you.
Signifying nothing”

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

RoadKing wrote:Your laughter, Phred, only serves to lend credibility to what you laugh at. Thank you.
Don't pay any attention to that dipshit. He's lonely and wants attention. "Hey everybody, loooook aaat meeeee"
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Seems to me that the almighty you folk's want to reference committed the original sin, right?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Are you sure?

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:Seems to me that the almighty you folk's want to reference committed the original sin, right?

Please elaborate on this comment............I'm stumped
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
NORMAN, Okla. – After a year in prison, the man who pleaded guilty to killing a woman and injuring another while driving drunk is now free.

Conner Ottis, 24, was sentenced to seven years in prison for first-degree manslaughter and driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol resulting in great bodily injury for the death of Starla Garcia and the serious injury of Dalana Tyler. On Wednesday, Cleveland County District Judge Lori Walkley suspended the the remaining six years of the sentence.

Ottis’ suspended sentence has conditions that include more than 2,000 hours of community service, one for everyday of his sentence. He’ll also be required to donate $5,000 to the Boys and Girls Club in Garcia’s name, and spend his birthday, August 30th, Garcia’s birthday, July 19th, and Tyler’s birthday, April 27th, in jail for the next six years.
Seven frigging years for killing a woman and the Seminole county DA wanted to send me to prison for 15 years for APC (actual physical control of a motor vehicle). I was waiting for a ride home as my pickup was needing work and I had drank a few beers since I knew I was getting a ride home. I also did not have the keys to the vehicle on me nor were they in the ignition. I remember giving them to the dad of the guy giving me a ride home.

So this asshole kills a women and spends less time in jail (1/15th) than I would have and I was doing what the courts tell you to do. As a matter of fact I spent more time in the drug court system than he spent in jail. Drug court was the only way I was able to not go to prison. :hellfire: It is a 24 month program where the only real difference between it and prison is you get to go home and sleep in your bed every night. I wish that asshole had done his misdeed in Seminole county cause he wouldn't have gotten off so easy. Hell more than likely he would still be in prison looking at years before he gets out.

I wonder what the maximum sentence in Norman, Oklahoma is for first- degree manslaughter?

This explains a lot....

Manslaughter
Generally, there are two different types of manslaughter offenses: first-degree manslaughter and second-degree manslaughter.

First-Degree Manslaughter In Oklahoma
Individuals are likely to be charged with first-degree manslaughter if the crime occurred:

In the heat of passion (e.g., during an uncontrollable fight) or,
During the commission of a misdemeanor, such as Driving Under the Influence (DUI)

So driving under the influence of alcohol is a misdemeanor in Norman, Oklahoma...and in all 50 states....WTF???

DUI, or driving while under the influence, is a misdemeanor in all 50 states if it is the defendant's first offense. Most states also consider a second—or even a third—DUI to be a misdemeanor, provided a certain amount of time, generally seven to 10 years, has passed between offenses.
https://www.google.com/search?q=driving ... e&ie=UTF-8

An eye for an eye T.........yes that would stop a lot of these crimes and offenses.....bring back Judge Roy Bean style justice
.....at least he got it right 50% of the time... [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Isn't God depicted wearing a Sumerian war helmet? A vengeful God? Didn't he level a city full of people, flood the planet to kill all of mankind? Sure happened before Cain

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

The reason for so much violence is that murders feel that if people die then they go to heaven ---so what he says,--- I done them a favour.

If weak religious people had to stand on their own 2 feet in life and not cry running the the church for sanctuary and forgiveness then you could be strong like an atheist,-- living life as a man, understand life and respect it as some one elses property.

You are actually told that jesus will forgive, for anything.

Thats why Muslims and Christians alike kill others, they think they are doing no harm.

Religion kills.

40% of Americans are religious in some way. When you learn what life is and how it began you will see how precious it is, it is all a person has. There is no second chance and no heaven or afterlife.

Learn this and you may have more respect for other people lives.

You will kill for a mans telephone or a few bucks,----- and even children.

Your thinking of life is fucked up and it is religion that does it.

Oh I forgot look at me I need attention ---dork.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

:roll:

Here we go again. :tongue:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote::roll:

Here we go again. :tongue:
Could it be possible that you might try,-- just a moment of thought and think about it. Just a few minutes or even 1 minute should be enough. Try not to totally dismiss anything and everything because I said it.

This is what you should look like now :blink: just give it a try. THINK.

As long as you keep telling people that god will forgive, and they will have an afterlife then they will do terrible things.

They say Killing is not bad ! because they can go to heaven and have a better life. Try to work it out please.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Isn't God depicted wearing a Sumerian war helmet? A vengeful God? Didn't he level a city full of people, flood the planet to kill all of mankind? Sure happened before Cain
You want to go there? OK, my God leveled two cities filled with butt fuckers. So it is written. So it was done. Original sin was taking forbidden fruit which means taking on God proportions of the knowledge of right and wrong and then totally screwing up that power of choice. Cain slew Abel. A gang of fags tried to butt fuck one of God’s Angels. Bad choices. Look what we got today.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

You forgot someone before the fruit taking. Told God no and got turned into a creature of the night. Won't even mention some fellow getting tossed which led to the fruit event, before the aforementioned.

What's that saying; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.