Observations from 500,000 miles of riding

Keep it civil
wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Observations from 500,000 miles of riding

Post by wally w »

The smaller the old person the bigger the car. The bigger the RV the smaller the dog. You can thank me later.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Observations from 500,000 miles of riding

Post by MadCow »

wally w wrote:The smaller the old person the bigger the car. The bigger the RV the smaller the dog. You can thank me later.
True that!!
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

With around 1.000,000 miles the bigger the wings decal n the rear window the less they ride a motorcycle! Wheelie bars on the street they rarely go to a real drag strip. The more mixed up the brands I am long trip'in with most likely the more fun had as we all could care less about brands. Left turn signal on for three miles lay down on horn and see face in his rear view before a pass! :putput:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

old time rider wrote:With around 1.000,000 miles the bigger the wings decal n the rear window the less they ride a motorcycle! Wheelie bars on the street they rarely go to a real drag strip. The more mixed up the brands I am long trip'in with most likely the more fun had as we all could care less about brands. Left turn signal on for three miles lay down on horn and see face in his rear view before a pass! :putput:
True That. [emoji106]

another true that thread. [emoji2]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Another True dat!

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Image
-DBTO

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

You're an earthling you're on earth how the hell can you be lost?

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

wally w wrote:You're an earthling you're on earth how the hell can you be lost?
You don't know my life! :lmao:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Observation from just one day of riding... riding is fun!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

RoadKing wrote:Observation from just one day of riding... riding is fun!
True dat. :cheers: :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
Have you ever gone thru 4 strands of barbed wire on a bike? Do you have all your fingers? On the other hand { the one with all the fingers} I was lost the day I was born.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

wally w wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:
Have you ever gone thru 4 strands of barbed wire on a bike? Do you have all your fingers? On the other hand { the one with all the fingers} I was lost the day I was born.
10 fingers 10 toes after 7 accidents (that I can think of off the top of my head). All of them on sportsbikes, go figure :bang: worst one put the headlight/forks/front tire/etc about where my left knee would have been if I hadn't vaulted off it at the moment of impact. To this day I have to fight back from flipping out when people don't use their turn signals, and eve in a car I assume if someone coming at me can turn right in front of me, they will turn right in front of me.

Took a good knock on the head. Used to be you could drop me off somewhere I'd never been before blindfolded and I could find my way out, now I could get lost walking to the can in the middle of the night
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
wally w wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:
10 fingers 10 toes after 7 accidents (that I can think of off the top of my head). All of them on sportsbikes, go figure :bang: worst one put the headlight/forks/front tire/etc about where my left knee would have been if I hadn't vaulted off it at the moment of impact. To this day I have to fight back from flipping out when people don't use their turn signals, and eve in a car I assume if someone coming at me can turn right in front of me, they will turn right in front of me.

Took a good knock on the head. Used to be you could drop me off somewhere I'd never been before blindfolded and I could find my way out, now I could get lost walking to the can in the middle of the night
Sounds about right.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Keep lots of stuff you can pee in then empty if you find the bath room. [emoji2] Really a pee bottle for in the tent is really good for my now usual once a night need be.I still like camping but have a self inflation sleep pad and a O Coleman sleep bag that helps a lot since over 70. :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Keep lots of stuff you can pee in then empty if you find the bath room. [emoji2] Really a pee bottle for in the tent is really good for my now usual once a night need be.I still like camping but have a self inflation sleep pad and a O Coleman sleep bag that helps a lot since over 70. :putput:
Dat be true.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.