Wow! Speechless.

Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Wow! Speechless.

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Tbeck wrote:SJ, no they dropped the ball, plain and simple. At the end of the day the Cruz kid is responsible, and the people who took him in will be wondering how this went wrong.
I see people like this all the time. They THINK they are doing something right for the kid, they aren't. There was a REASON that he was having issues with relative's and this couple should not have intervened.

All I'm saying is that the parents who took this kid in must have known a little or a whole lot about his background...They weren't oblivious to the facts ........... what was happening with him socially....they proved they were responsible minded parents when they took him in....but.......

I say BULLSHIT.... they knew something was amiss and they were hoping his problems would solve themselves.....
It didn't happen and 14 kids and 3 adults paid the ultimate price for the parents undoing and failure to participate in his life
They had to know something was wrong with this kid....
One other thing...that kid has an $800,000 inheritance ....his "foster mother" has already filed to take control of it.

Yeah, there's more to the story.
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy, covered in the other thread on the shooting. Not the FBI or local LE could have done a thing. Trump's comments fall into the emotional outburst category. We saw Barry make a number of those out bursts as president.
However this thread is related to the couple who took this kid in. You might want to visit the other thread, "school shooting" I think.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote:hillsy, covered in the other thread on the shooting. Not the FBI or local LE could have done a thing. Trump's comments fall into the emotional outburst category. We saw Barry make a number of those out bursts as president.
However this thread is related to the couple who took this kid in. You might want to visit the other thread, "school shooting" I think.
OK - without bashing Trump or "turning this thread political", does the blame fall on the FBI for not picking this kid up when even the parents say they didn't have a clue? I guess the more interesting question is what are the repercussions for the FBI in light of all this?

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote: Not the FBI or local LE could have done a thing...
hillsy wrote: Does the blame fall on the FBI for not picking this kid up when even the parents say they didn't have a clue?
:smile: This is a LARGE question. Proactive or Reactive policies? Major issue. Last night the NRA's spokesperson, Dana Loesch, sat on a public stage and asked Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel how many red flags must be raised before Law Enforcement coulda/woulda/shouda proceeded to pick the kid up, or confiscate his weapons, or whatever else they might have done. There was no clear consensus on the issue, because how can there be? The Sheriff said they needed clarity and leadership from the lawmakers. (There's that proactive or reactive policies decision that must be discussed) They both mentioned the Baker law, but still couldn't agree on what should have been done...

As for me, I do understand the frustrations of these young people who are watching their friends murdered while the adults debate. :sad:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Cuban wrote:
Tbeck wrote: Not the FBI or local LE could have done a thing...
hillsy wrote: Does the blame fall on the FBI for not picking this kid up when even the parents say they didn't have a clue?
:smile: This is a LARGE question. Proactive or Reactive policies? Major issue. Last night the NRA's spokesperson, Dana Loesch, sat on a public stage and asked Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel how many red flags must be raised before Law Enforcement coulda/woulda/shouda proceeded to pick the kid up, or confiscate his weapons, or whatever else they might have done. There was no clear consensus on the issue, because how can there be? The Sheriff said they needed clarity and leadership from the lawmakers. (There's that proactive or reactive policies decision that must be discussed) They both mentioned the Baker law, but still couldn't agree on what should have been done...

As for me, I do understand the frustrations of these young people who are watching their friends murdered while the adults debate. :sad:

MANY issues...I'm sure there aren't enough hours in a day or agents/cops on the forces to take up after every instance of a teenager being creepy and saying some dumb things off-handedly. Plus you also have the aspect of malicious "dime-dropping" to cause trouble for someone else, etc. Unless there is a specific and credible threat, there's nothing there to act on. :donno:

So I see it as you could live "safely" long as you don't mind people being hauled away and/or stripped of rights for being unusual. That kind of thing always seems to play well until they expand the definition and you become part of it. Then they use the prior acquiescence to the concept as justification for building on it. And you know where that ends up. :uhh:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: ... And you know where that ends up. :uhh:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I'm thinking at least for now this kid had a doozy of a psychotic break. His background was ripe for it and all the triggers were there. It's common for it to occur around that age(18-21)...His dazed, submissive behavior during arrest is kinda typical of a person after one too. It's possible he may not even be sure what he did, or that it was real anyway. Time will tell. :donno:
Yeah, he appeared dazed and submissive once captured. But his expansive background of aggression and hatred is anything but submissive. Ya feeling sorry for thé bastard? POOR GUY DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING? That’s what you typed above! A calculated mission he was on and even told people beforehand he was gonna do it, and no one did a thing to prevent. You have fallen for a pathetic act he has put on in the court room and maybe it’s because you want to believe that crap. Poor perp, ain’t his fault. Right? Yeah, right.

‘A doozy of a psychotic break’... horse shit. Death penalty.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:I'm thinking at least for now this kid had a doozy of a psychotic break. His background was ripe for it and all the triggers were there. It's common for it to occur around that age(18-21)...His dazed, submissive behavior during arrest is kinda typical of a person after one too. It's possible he may not even be sure what he did, or that it was real anyway. Time will tell. :donno:
Yeah, he appeared dazed and submissive once captured. But his expansive background of aggression and hatred is anything but submissive. Ya feeling sorry for thé bastard? POOR GUY DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING? That’s what you typed above! A calculated mission he was on and even told people beforehand he was gonna do it, and no one did a thing to prevent. You have fallen for a pathetic act he has put on in the court room and maybe it’s because you want to believe that crap. Poor perp, ain’t his fault. Right? Yeah, right.

‘A doozy of a psychotic break’... horse shit. Death penalty.
You read WAY too much into things. I don't think it excuses him from ANYTHING. I offered a possible explanation of what set him off. I don't know if you've spent any time around psychotic or schizophrenic people, but they are definitely not in control of their urges and actions, even if they do plan them.

I did not type anything of the sort of what you said. Get your facts straight, you seem to have trouble with that.

I know, then you'll bounce back with "oh haha, I was just ribbing you, blah blah."

No, you spin yourself up with misread info and intents, then backpedal when you get called to the carpet on it.

EDIT: Sorry RK...but the best way to piss me off is to paraphrase me and get it dead wrong. I mean exactly what I said. Don't add to it, don't try to extract meaning that isn't there.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tell ya what, Jeffco... I’ve told you before I have lived a life of being a psycho/genius, it ain’t easy and I’ve nonetheless kept it under control without harming innocent people. I’ve been analyzed with the afflictions you mention and then some and prescribed rough drugs when I was a youngster but never took them because I decided to work things out with my own powerful mind and the help of Jesus. I don’t even try to understand out front the reasons people do evil shit. Fuck em. Death penalty.

I might add that, since all those rediculous child psychologists, with the raising by a strong father and lots of hard work on my part I have lived a very successful and productive life. Crime free? No. But my crimes of violence were wrong but in the heat of battle against other street warriors, the results of a life style I freely chose as a young man for whatever reasons right or wrong.

No, I ain’t gonna say I was just kidding yada yada. You can’t show me one instance where I ever back peddle, you must be thinking of someone else. I didn’t paraphrase a thing. And I don’t intend to piss you off but if you so choose I could give a damn. Only thing pisses me off is that punk down in Florida.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Jeffco, I see kid's like this all the time. For many it's a great act to avoid accountability for anything. For other's it's a frustration resulting when the lack of accountability catches up with them and the future starts looking bleak.
The difference is the kid's I see all the time don't take deliberate steps to harm other's.

hillsy the big debate is going to focus on why nothing more could have been done, I think. The FBI is already viewed by many as bankrupt so one more point of the finger isn't going to matter even though their hands were tied.
I think that RATIONAL voices NEED to be heard, the event's explained as they have been on the two posts here. You can't fix when the facts aren't laid out to examine and analyze. All we are seeing currently is the emotional response to the aftermath, finger pointing, and rhetorical questions. This is a guaranteed recipe for a failed outcome and more bad regulation.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
No, I ain’t gonna say I was just kidding yada yada. You can’t show me one instance where I ever back peddle, you must be thinking of someone else. I didn’t paraphrase a thing. And I don’t intend to piss you off but if you so choose I could give a damn. Only thing pisses me off is that punk down in Florida.
"Oh yeah, I understand the objective completely. It was supposed to orbit Mars. He fucked up."

No, it wasn't. Never was. Here's why...

"I knew that, I was just busting balls LOL" or however you said it.

And many others, if want me to sit here all night and trot them all out I would, but I like you and don't see any reason to run it into the ground.

You said " Ya feeling sorry for thé bastard? POOR GUY DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING? That’s what you typed above! " and then went on to read a lot into what I said that was not there.

noun
noun: paraphrase; plural noun: paraphrases

a rewording of something written or spoken by someone else.

Nothing wrong with paraphrasing, if you get it right. What you did is embellish. I said no such thing.

Why do we have to play this. I know how smart you are. You're better than this.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

An actual psychotic break is on a level of say waking up one morning and someone secretly put a few strong hits of acid in your morning coffee, and you've never done it before and don't even have a clue what it does, never heard of it.

And thus your day begins. Because a veritable shitstorm of chemical imbalances just cascaded through your entire brain. And that, after all, is all our reality really is. Electrical impulses and chemical stimulations and supressions. You think you KNOW what real is? Heh.

It is nothing but an illusion we all generally agree upon.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Amazing. And funny, Jeffco. Yeah, you resort back to Starman. Beyond that you have nothing, but I’m not at all surprised you went back to that. OK, for you i will take the time as follows...

Musk is the best showman since Jobs. I admire them both for the fact that they have (had) fun selling themselves and their products. Only a man with an incredible sense of humor would send one of his own cars into space with a surrogate dummy at the wheel scheduled for Mars but on a collision course with the asteroid belt. I thought it was funny. Musk is a very wealthy man and he did all this as a lark and to have fun! I dig it! He can afford it and in doing so he entertained millions! The man is funny. He just sold out thousands of flame throwers that haven’t even been made yet because he presented the product in a humorous fun manner and I would have pre-ordered myself had I heard about it in time before SO.

But when I laughed about Starman I felt sure I was laughing along with Musk because I’m damn sure he was having a good time with it! Somehow you saw my enjoyment as a slight to you so I told you I was just having fun! Go back, look at that thread, I was having fun with it from the beginning.

As for the puke from Florida... fuck him. Death penalty.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote:
hillsy the big debate is going to focus on why nothing more could have been done, I think. The FBI is already viewed by many as bankrupt so one more point of the finger isn't going to matter even though their hands were tied.
The difference here is the POTUS has pointed the finger at the FBI as being incompetent which is a whole different scenario than a bunch of people "thinking they are bankrupt".

Basic 1.01 management tells you to praise in public, berate in private. Wasn't done here so there's an untold amount of damage done when there should have been an opportunity to fix it with everyone on board.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy wrote:
Tbeck wrote:
The difference here is the POTUS has pointed the finger at the FBI as being incompetent which is a whole different scenario than a bunch of people "thinking they are bankrupt".

Basic 1.01 management tells you to praise in public, berate in private. Wasn't done here so there's an untold amount of damage done when there should have been an opportunity to fix it with everyone on board.
Bullfuckingshit! If the FBI was carrying out a bogus PUBLIC inquisition about you as POTUS would you not punch back? The FBI is far from sacrosanct these days.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:Amazing. And funny, Jeffco. Yeah, you resort back to Starman. Beyond that you have nothing, but I’m not at all surprised you went back to that. OK, for you i will take the time as follows...

Musk is the best showman since Jobs. I admire them both for the fact that they have (had) fun selling themselves and their products. Only a man with an incredible sense of humor would send one of his own cars into space with a surrogate dummy at the wheel scheduled for Mars but on a collision course with the asteroid belt. I thought it was funny. Musk is a very wealthy man and he did all this as a lark and to have fun! I dig it! He can afford it and in doing so he entertained millions! The man is funny. He just sold out thousands of flame throwers that haven’t even been made yet because he presented the product in a humorous fun manner and I would have pre-ordered myself had I heard about it in time before SO.

But when I laughed about Starman I felt sure I was laughing along with Musk because I’m damn sure he was having a good time with it! Somehow you saw my enjoyment as a slight to you so I told you I was just having fun! Go back, look at that thread, I was having fun with it from the beginning.

Well I suppose if true, that means you have fun by aggravating people and being contentious. That makes sense, as I've never understood the sport/fun in that. So I accept your explanation.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy, you need to remember that Trump and the FBI aren't on good terms. Further I can't think of anything the FBI has touched in recent years that the agency didn't drop the ball on, this included. They need a complete shakedown, from top to bottom. They've gotten too political to effectively do their job.
Trump's comments=transparency

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Amazing. And funny, Jeffco. Yeah, you resort back to Starman. Beyond that you have nothing, but I’m not at all surprised you went back to that. OK, for you i will take the time as follows...

Well I suppose if true, that means you have fun by aggravating people and being contentious. That makes sense, as I've never understood the sport/fun in that. So I accept your explanation.
No, you do not understand. I have no intention of aggravating anyone and if you were aggravated by my mirth I think it was because you take Musk far too seriously. Perhaps you take yourself far too seriously because I have no interest at all in aggravating you or anyone else. If I have fun with a thread don’t feel threatened because you ain’t got shit to do with it. This ain’t the first time you have misread my posts and you damn well know it.

And if I disagree vehemently with something in a thread, I ain’t the only one who does that. So, fuck that punk kid and his mental afflictions.
Signifying nothing”