Facebook

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Facebook

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Frank glad he don't live with in a mile of a stock yard! He would be in a bad mood all the time. Still bet we three could have a hell of a time. :cheers: :putput: :putput: :putput:
There you go. And perhaps you could get you private little threesome together and have a hell of a time riding to OMG? Se y’all there. :cheers:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:Frank glad he don't live with in a mile of a stock yard! He would be in a bad mood all the time. Still bet we three could have a hell of a time. :cheers: :putput: :putput: :putput:
Heck yeah we could. We could meet up at a restaurant, get him a booster seat, and have a great time talking. :lmao:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:
There you go. And perhaps you could get you private little threesome together and have a hell of a time riding to OMG? Se y’all there. :cheers:
I wont be there. :bang:

My son is getting married on the 16th.

Emu had the idea for him to get married at OMG but noooo they didnt think it was a great idea. [emoji2]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
Cuban wrote: [emoji2] I'm an oddball.
franktiregod wrote: You could have stopped right there. No one would have disagreed. :fu:
lol Fuck you. :fu:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Cuban wrote:
BoDog wrote: We’ve been dealing with rumors of copycat threats on our schools on Facebook all week. These kids (and the adults) keep posting rumors and they quickly take on a life of their own. Did I mention how much Facebook sucks? :hellfire:
:tongue: I'm with you Mike. I stopped visting (using) Facebook once I realized how it had been co-opted by various, maliciously intended entities. You know... assholes. We're on the same page, you and I, although probably looking at it from different sides...

"Fake News"

Of course I've seen the claims that Russian operatives interfered in your last election. And I don't doubt it for a second. If I were a US citizen I'd be pissed about that, no matter which candidate won, or which lost. Hell, I'm in Canada, and I'm still pissed about it, probably because I know it could happen here as well. This sort of attack can be waged against any open democracy. It's an easy exploit.

My main issue though, and the reason I won't use Facebook anymore, is because I know this exploit doesn't even need to exist. Quite frankly, only the stupidity (ok... gullibility) of the person buying the bullshit makes it possible. It pisses me off to imagine groups of sweat pants wearing Russians swilling vodka and laughing about how they have everyone in America up in arms and arguing over some far fetched story about some stupid shit. I wanna take all these people who are using Facebook or Twitter or wherever as their 'News' source and smack their fuckin' heads together. Seriously.

As a mostly liberal leaning type person, I have to say I see wayyyyyyyy more of this 'buying the bullshit' behavior on the other side of the coin, but it must be some flaw in human nature in general which allows it at all. I don't know. I've always said that I can smell bullshit a mile away, and I still believe that. Why do I feel so alone in that belief? I generally have a good opinion of humans, but I don't get why so many can buy into such obvious BS.

I'm always disappointed when I see some of this stuff pop up here, in our own little corner of the web, but sadly, we're not exempt. And we're old guys who are supposed to know better... :tongue:

What I'm trying to say is that Social Media, especially Facebook, has been turned into an effective tool for those who wish us harm, and I'm pissed that collectively we're not smart enough to see it, let alone stop it. That's disturbing.

There's an old saying that goes something like: "A lie will travel half-way around the world before truth gets it's boots on." Sucks that it's true.

Have a good day Mike. :cheers:

and THAT is why I don’t do social media. :sad:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: Fuck you. :fu:
franktiregod wrote: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lolfall:

BoDog wrote: and THAT is why I don’t do social media. :sad:
:cheers:

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

The good news is that according to "Privacy Badger", there are no trackers on THIS site. [emoji2]

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Spyder wrote:The good news is that according to "Privacy Badger", there are no trackers on THIS site. [emoji2]

And there never will be.
-DBTO

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

MadCow wrote:
Spyder wrote:The good news is that according to "Privacy Badger", there are no trackers on THIS site. [emoji2]

And there never will be.
Good to.know. I took a course on "data analysis" it said it was about market analysis on the tin. Signed up thinking it was about analyzing the stock market, nope. It was all about "how" companies spy on social media. I put the how in quotations because they kept saying "in this next segment you will learn how" to do such and such, then they'd proceed to ramble for the next ten or fifteen minutes about why whatever it was they were blabbering about was valuable, what it was meant to do, and then conclude by saying "and now you have a high level understanding of how" to do such and such. But they never once explain how any of it worked. I think to those idiots "how" means telling IT what you want it to do, justify the expense to the bosses, then wait for the app to come out.

I feel disgusted with myself just for completing the course.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll: