Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: School again

Post by MadCow »

Designer wrote:
Cuban wrote:
Designer wrote: Hmmm. So,...then,...why did you post it?
:smile: You're not very awake yet, are you Ed?
Cuban wrote: This newly released video may add some context to the larger discussion taking place...
Am quite awake. This answer does not compute. This is a Thread about a Mass Shooting of defenseless Un-armed Teens, the weapon used offensively by a Teen and is not a Hand Gun.

Your video is ENTIRELY not that ...at all. It shows a Robbery, perpetrated by an Adult, on a two armed Adults and is a Defensive use of a Hand Gun.

Thus it really adds ZERO context to the Main Topic/Discussion....don't you agree?
I look at it as a bait and switch. A clever distraction. 3 times as many people died last year from knives vs. the AR-15. And MANY TIMES more than that died from the illegal use of a handgun. Recall, the Virginia Tech shooter used a handgun to kill 33 young people...just kids really. I remember the libtards in the news began blaming the AR-15 as soon as the news broke...then promptly shut up once it was discovered that a handgun was used. It was just crickets after that.

Liberals are afraid of the AR-15 and the freedom and liberty it represents in the hands of THE PEOPLE.
-DBTO

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Guns aren't and have never been the problem.
Any wacko can cause mass hysteria with a jar of peanut butter.
Of all the kids today, 1 in 13 has a peanut allergy.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

navigator wrote:Guns aren't and have never been the problem.
Any wacko can cause mass hysteria with a jar of peanut butter.
Of all the kids today, 1 in 13 has a peanut allergy.

[emoji106]

But don't be giving them any ideas.... :funnylast:
-DBTO

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

OMG. Ban PBJS in school #doiforthekidds

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Travlin wrote:OMG. Ban PBJS in school #doiforthekidds
Breaking News.
http://www.ketv.com/article/parents-pro ... an/7648486
:lmao: :bonk: :bang:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

navigator wrote:
Travlin wrote:OMG. Ban PBJS in school #doiforthekidds
Breaking News.
http://www.ketv.com/article/parents-pro ... an/7648486
:lmao: :bonk: :bang:

:bang: :bang: :bang:
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

https://wtop.com/national/2018/02/flori ... -shooting/

Florida launches investigation of police response to school shooting
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Cuban must feel like Charlie Brown ! You all always pickin on him! Frank and me do it from liking him :HatTip: but all his post are good so lay off and pick on some one your size! I was 5 11 but sure down to 5 10 by now.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

You guy's stop laughing, it's for real. Our school building is plastered with "no peanut" signs, SERIOUSLY!!!
We have several students deathly allergic to nut products. You'd be surprised at just how much stuff is made in factories with nut products.

On a side note I did get in some serious range time again this weekend. Left the revolver at home in favor of my carry so I could focus on just that. It's coming eventually.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:You guy's stop laughing, it's for real. Our school building is plastered with "no peanut" signs, SERIOUSLY!!!
We have several students deathly allergic to nut products. You'd be surprised at just how much stuff is made in factories with nut products.

On a side note I did get in some serious range time again this weekend. Left the revolver at home in favor of my carry so I could focus on just that. It's coming eventually.
If I owned an AR-10, which is used by many people to hunt White Tail and Hogs with, I would have taken it out this morning for a couple of hours before the rain set in this afternoon.
-DBTO

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

HARRIS wrote:UNTIL THE PERPETRATORS ARE QUICKLY PUNISHED AND HORRIBLY SO, THERE IS NO DETERRENT. RETURN THE DEED WITH A VIOLENT GRUESOME EXECUTION THAT IS SWIFT ....
THEY MUST DIE LIKE DOGS
It's a real dichotomy. On one hand we say these people are mentally ill. On the other hand, mental illness gives a perpetrator the best defense to ensure he doesn't get harsh punishment.

Any discussion about what to do about school shootings needs to proceed within the following parameters: 1) The next school shooter is already out there and will always be out there. 2) We cannot predict the behavior of mentally ill people. 3) The next school shooter already owns or can obtain the weapon he will use. 4) School shootings are unpreventable short of a total ban on private gun ownership and that is not an option.

There are over 300 million guns in America and those are only the legal ones that we know about. Banning bump stocks, large capacity clips and certain styles of long guns will not prevent future school shootings, nor will strengthening the background check process. So, the only logical action is to harden our school facilities. We already have the answer. No one shoots up federal buildings for good reasons.
lovineveryminuteofit

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:
HARRIS wrote:UNTIL THE PERPETRATORS ARE QUICKLY PUNISHED AND HORRIBLY SO, THERE IS NO DETERRENT. RETURN THE DEED WITH A VIOLENT GRUESOME EXECUTION THAT IS SWIFT ....
THEY MUST DIE LIKE DOGS
It's a real dichotomy. On one hand we say these people are mentally ill. On the other hand, mental illness gives a perpetrator the best defense to ensure he doesn't get harsh punishment.

Any discussion about what to do about school shootings needs to proceed within the following parameters: 1) The next school shooter is already out there and will always be out there. 2) We cannot predict the behavior of mentally ill people. 3) The next school shooter already owns or can obtain the weapon he will use. 4) School shootings are unpreventable short of a total ban on private gun ownership and that is not an option.

There are over 300 million guns in America and those are only the legal ones that we know about. Banning bump stocks, large capacity clips and certain styles of long guns will not prevent future school shootings, nor will strengthening the background check process. So, the only logical action is to harden our school facilities. We already have the answer. No one shoots up federal buildings for good reasons.
All very good Points! [space] Well Put and Concisely Stated. [emoji106]

Especially about being mentally ill being their defense of a crime committed largely because of them being Mentally ill. :bang:

However, there HAS to be a time when "Being Mentally ill" has NO BEARING on the judgement. And a Ruling that they just get Treatment of their illness is just NOT enough. (And this is CERTAINLY one of those times, is it not?)

I say if Cruz should receive Mental Treatment, It should be a "Treatment" of a Cranial Lead Injection with a High-speed Wireless Device, .....like,... right NOW!

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
I say if Cruz should receive Mental Treatment, It should be a "Treatment" of a Cranial Lead Injection with a High-speed Wireless Device, .....like,... right NOW!
More stylish rhetoric, I see..... :roll:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

The one in central Ky. Just getting to trial in over a year should have all ready have had the injection! Enter a house at night and take a blade to a cute little seven year old! The press has shown him as much as they can and he is sure eating good in jail.Over weight now. Kids dad getting to a gun before the law would have been great. Makes you sick to see him and claim he was crazy at the time. So what shoot him and save us tax payers the food bill :fubird:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Longest one I ever posted I think? Guess I talk motorcycles too much? :putput:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

old time rider wrote:The one in central Ky. Just getting to trial in over a year should have all ready have had the injection! Enter a house at night and take a blade to a cute little seven year old! The press has shown him as much as they can and he is sure eating good in jail.Over weight now. Kids dad getting to a gun before the law would have been great. Makes you sick to see him and claim he was crazy at the time. So what shoot him and save us tax payers the food bill :fubird:

Pisses me off too.
-DBTO

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: [emoji2] There have been discussions on other forums about this video. I imagine gun owners, at least people who carry on a daily basis, might have some thoughts on the actions, the technical actions, of this mother and daughter team during this robbery. You know, like how they handled their weapons, the decisions they made at the time, things like that. Nothing to see here, then?
MadCow wrote: I don't like where the gun was stored... etc.
[emoji2] That's the kind of detailed analysis I expected from a group of old guy gun owners. Kinda thought more might jump in with opinions on what these ladies did, right or wrong.

MadCow wrote: I'm sure the robber lost his life a few minutes after the video cut...by the way he was becoming disoriented...bleeding out and losing blood pressure causing syncope.
[emoji2] If the facts of the story I read are correct, the perp left the premises on foot, and was apprehended later at the hospital trying to get treatment for 4 bullet holes...

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: This newly released video may add some context to the larger discussion taking place...
Designer wrote: Am quite awake. This answer does not compute. This is a Thread about a Mass Shooting of defenseless Un-armed Teens, the weapon used offensively by a Teen and is not a Hand Gun.

Your video is ENTIRELY not that ...at all. It shows a Robbery, perpetrated by an Adult, on a two armed Adults and is a Defensive use of a Hand Gun.

Thus it really adds ZERO context to the Main Topic/Discussion....don't you agree?
The larger discussion taking place is whether or not your country should arm teachers in the classroom. The video posted is relevant to that discussion. [emoji41]

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

old time rider wrote: Cuban must feel like Charlie Brown ! You all always pickin on him! Frank and me do it from liking him :HatTip: but all his post are good so lay off and pick on some one your size! I was 5 11 but sure down to 5 10 by now.
[emoji2] Hey, thanks for watching my back Paul... appreciate it man. I don't worry too much about this bunch though 'cause I'm like the badger eh.

:cheers:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

How do you think your would fare up to the situation if you was a black teacher and you were legally armed.

You had an attack and you shot him , he was lying beneath the desk, the police busted through the door and saw you with a gun.