School again

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: School again

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, yah I know, right!

I am in a school daily and can say with 100% assurance that you could put a dozen LE's in a school and still not stop someone bent on shooting up a school.

SR, you are correct about arming teacher's. I was looking at my small school building and trying to figure out just how many would. Of the forty in my building I would have to say no more than four would. Many just aren't gun people and the others not comfortable with the responsibility or not familiar with handguns. Still I am convinced that the deterrent would prove effective.

Keith, nope not oil or tires :lmao:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote:
SR, you are correct about arming teacher's. I was looking at my small school building and trying to figure out just how many would. Of the forty in my building I would have to say no more than four would. Many just aren't gun people and the others not comfortable with the responsibility or not familiar with handguns. Still I am convinced that the deterrent would prove effective.
That all sounds great but then it would only take one incident where a student grabbed a gun off a teacher then the whole idea would collapse in a stinking pile of stupid.

Maybe you could move the schools to the prisons.....and move the prisons to the schools....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy, if a teacher's carrying concealed, the students shouldn't know, and secondly someone responsible enough to be carrying in school would be smart enough to have the appropriate holster to prevent it being taken out of the holster at inappropriate angles. You probably don't know but a good carry holster limits and/or locks if not drawn at the appropriate angle. It's a feature some folks might not know about if they don't have handgun experience.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
I am in a school daily and can say with 100% assurance that you could put a dozen LE's in a school and still not stop someone bent on shooting up a school.
Is that right? OK. If that’s so, if I’m President I put a dozen Harley riders in each school and watch the shooting of students get stopped. Quick! We’re not restricted like LE. Now, bitch about that, Teach.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

RK you lost me???

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:RK you lost me???
I’m not surprised.
Let me spell it out slooowly for ya, Teach. You say cops can’t get the job done? Is that right? Well, wives of scooter tramps who have kids in those schools can get the job done. No freaking doubt.

An armed guard took up a defensive position outside that high school while kids were being killed inside. I understand he was a sheriff deputy. Changes in attitude are definitely needed.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

But you already got metal detectors in your schools dont ya.

Was it bust ---forgot to plug it in?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote:hillsy, if a teacher's carrying concealed, the students shouldn't know, and secondly someone responsible enough to be carrying in school would be smart enough to have the appropriate holster to prevent it being taken out of the holster at inappropriate angles. You probably don't know but a good carry holster limits and/or locks if not drawn at the appropriate angle. It's a feature some folks might not know about if they don't have handgun experience.
You cant be serious in thinking that if a teacher is carrying the kids wont know?

And we're talking about TEACHERS here, not LEO's, military or prison guards who are professionals with firearms. There only needs to be one incident where a teacher is overpowered, their gun taken and student / teachers shot up to make the whole idea an exercise in total stupid.

I can't believe that people think the logical answer to stopping shootings in schools is to BRING GUNS INTO THE CLASSROOM.

:bonk:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

It’s called effective deterrence. You needn’t apply. Stupidity is a non qualifier.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

RoadKing wrote:It’s called effective deterrence. You needn’t apply. Stupidity is a non qualifier.
Yeah, this is a good look....

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

hillsy wrote:
RoadKing wrote:It’s called effective deterrence. You needn’t apply. Stupidity is a non qualifier.
You are the genius, I suppose.
Suppose? :lmao: Hey, you got that shit right!
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

RK, I see your confusion now. You seem to think a shooters gonna walk right in the front door brandishing a bazooka, advertising his intentions.
I suppose it could happen that way, but it's far more likely it won't.
Schools are a large maze of hallways, bathrooms, classrooms and lockers. Hundred's of students arriving and funneling into the building wearing a variety of backpacks and outer wear.
You could put those ladies or bikers, or a dozen cops in and outside the school, but they will NOT be a large enough presence to stop a determined shooter.
On the flip side there is a teacher in or outside the door of every room, in every hallway, bathroom, and location of locker's. It makes sense that those individuals who are already entrusted with the students safety should be given the tools to complete that task.

hillsy, what kind of kid's and zoo do you think school's have? Wrestle a teacher to take their carry? There are some ignorant students, but that's way out there. Maybe kids in your neck of the world are that disrespectful, not in any school I have been in here.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote:
hillsy, what kind of kid's and zoo do you think school's have? Wrestle a teacher to take their carry? There are some ignorant students, but that's way out there. Maybe kids in your neck of the world are that disrespectful, not in any school I have been in here.
Tim, surely you can't tell me you never seen kids attacking teachers? It happens everywhere to varying degrees of severity.

Really, all you have to do is google it and there's a gazillion examples right there. My neighbour spent 10 years teaching at a government school and can tell you stories that would make your jaw drop. And he's an ex cop.

Putting guns in the classroom is just a time bomb.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

And if it's not kids taking guns off teachers, there's this scenario....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy, actually I am telling you exactly that. No kid touches a teacher in my school, nor in the 50 some schools in my area. It doesn't happen here.

As for your second post? Why would a teacher be standing gun drawn in the hallway getting shot by first responders. That's the dumbest suggestion I heard from the opposition to Trump's suggestion. The teacher would be in their classroom locked down, protecting their student's, not in the hallway gun drawn playing Rambo.
I'll take it by these last two postings that you have no intention of discussing this topic as an adult, so I'll just end it here.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tbeck wrote: I'll take it by these last two postings that you have no intention of discussing this topic as an adult, so I'll just end it here.
Actually, that's a big cop out from you. My posting about violence towards teachers in schools is very real, the cartoon probably not so much......but quite possible.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=49

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Arti ... aspx/21714

"When terrorists attacked a school in Maalot in 1974, Israel did not declare every school a gun-free zone. It passed a law mandating armed security in schools, provided weapons training to teachers and today runs frequent active shooter drills. There have been only two school shootings since then, and both have ended with teachers killing the terrorists."
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

These kids aren't terrorists.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

When I was at school Mrs Travis would give you a sharp smack on the back of the leg with a wooden 12 inch ruler,-- Boy-- no one disrespected Mrs Travis.

If you were disrespectful you were made to stand outside the class room door and wait,---wait for the headmaster called George Harrison. Once every half hour he would walk the corridors and you could hear the steps getting louder but you did not know from which direction, ---fear you know nothing of fear till you met George.

Ive never seen an American school that even has uniforms. I would get detention if my tie was untidy.

Just a normal ubiquitous government secondary school( Christian not Catholic that was next door)

About kid shooters--- you are trying to phathom the thoughts of a young kid that has turned nuts, you can not apply logic. Maybe be he has just watched Oggy and the cockroaches where those cock roaches just dont die even if Oggy blows them up with a hand grenade, or runs then over with a steam roller like he did last night. Terrible violence.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Herb wrote:https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Arti ... aspx/21714

"When terrorists attacked a school in Maalot in 1974, Israel did not declare every school a gun-free zone. It passed a law mandating armed security in schools, provided weapons training to teachers and today runs frequent active shooter drills. There have been only two school shootings since then, and both have ended with teachers killing the terrorists."
Go back to sleep herb.