Luck

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Luck

Post by jeffcoslacker »

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/DASHCAM--473841663.html

Just unreal. Still amazes me that people think jumping out of a car is preferable to being hit in one. If she hadn't fallen down, this would not have ended well for her.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Re: Luck

Post by HARRIS »

SOMEONE'S GUARDIAN ANGEL WAS WORKING ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Hell.... I think she made the right decision .....her car didn't fare to well.. then there's the chance that her car could have caught fire and she would have been trapped inside it

What amazes me is the reasoning of traveling in such poor road conditions...find a motel and hold up until conditions get better....
Roads should be shut down anyway except for emergency vehicles...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Two stumbles isn't going to help her overall score.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

JFL Live wrote:Two stumbles isn't going to help her overall score.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Hell.... I think she made the right decision .....her car didn't fare to well.. then there's the chance that her car could have caught fire and she would have been trapped inside it

What amazes me is the reasoning of traveling in such poor road conditions...find a motel and hold up until conditions get better....
Well like I said if not for falling on her ass the second she exited, she would have been dead or cut in half.

These kinds of clusterfucks, best thing to do is stay in a vehicle for protection, and if you got some time to work with and are in the direct line of fire for the next hit, you wanna get away and uphill or up the chain of stopped vehicles asap.

Yeah there's always the possibility you get crushed in your car. Fires are rare, but can happen. We had one here a couple of weeks ago, semi went right over a Honda Accord and stomped it under its steer tires, while the truck was still trying to stop. It lifted the truck's steer tires off the road and presumably squashed the car's fuel tank into the road and dragged it until it burst and ignited. But that was a pretty freak deal.

If I'm her, I would have hit the floor and rode it out. But there's no way I would have been sitting in there with my car right up under a semi trailer, waiting for what happened...I would have moved the car or else been watching it get blitzed from a fair safe distance.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
It just goes from benign to deadly in a heartbeat sometimes....you can have light snow and a wet road one moment, then the winds shift and go frigid, suddenly you're on something very different.

And most folks don't notice the signs that it happened...like the change in road sound of your tires, sudden ice on your windshield borders, and lack of road spray from other vehicles, and nobody's leaving tracks anymore...and once someone fucks up and loses it, they all go down like dominoes behind it...

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

After watching a number of these pile ups on U tube I wonder about so called professional truck drivers.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

[emoji2] I'd exit my vehicle and get clear of the whole mess as soon as I could determine it was safe to do so. Which could be tricky. :tongue: