Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Why You often See Firefighters Shopping In Their Uniforms

Post by Designer »

Personally, I have immense respect for our Firefighters. :bow:

Here’s Why You See Firefighters Grocery Shopping in Uniform
By Kimberly Smith February 12, 2018

Along with being one of the most deadly professions, firefighting is also a vocation. The brave men and woman who choose this occupation are so dedicated that they work 24-hour shifts. As you might expect, this kind of arrangement calls for special kind of personality, and that is saying a lot, considering what risks firefighters experience on the job. This odd arrangement also calls for firefighters to do many things together, including everyday tasks like shopping.

Firefighters cook together, eat together, and do just about everything else together on their shift as they wait to respond to calls. They take the fire truck to the store and shop while in uniform in case a call comes in. If it does, they drop everything and rush to respond — even if they’re in the checkout line.

According to the Leander Fire Department in Texas, long shifts mean a firefighter’s company becomes his or her “surrogate family.” When you stop and think about the work firefighters do, it makes sense that these brave men and women stay together as a group — not far from their vehicle — just in case they need to stop what they are doing and help someone in an emergency situation.

While they are on their shift, they still must eat, as well as prepare their own meals. This means they must shop for those meals and pay for supplies, according to Firefighters Lifestyle.

In an article for Fire Engineering, Anne Gagliano, the wife of a career firefighter, discusses the “firefighter marriage” and all that entails. Galliano wrote that firefighters connect with each other through routines, adding that this connection is like a family bond.

“Firefighting is a team occupation — one that cannot be accomplished alone. The 24-hour shift gives firefighters a unique opportunity to bond not only as a team but as a family,” Gagliano said. It is a bond that makes firefighters better at what they do because they come to know each other on a different level from most co-workers, and loyalty forms from that time together.

“And the family bond is sacred, as they will risk all for one another,” Gagliano explained.

“When firefighters ‘live together,’ they become as family with the deepest levels of devotion. This devotion makes firefighters safer and better at what they do,” she wrote.

The 24-hour shift may seem extreme to those who have never experienced it, but Gagliano said it was the best way for firefighters to work.

“The blessings of a 24-hour shift include cost-effective, around-the clock service to the community; tighter bonds with the crew; less time having to shift between worlds; and more precious, invaluable time at home,” she added.

So the next time you see a group of firefighters shopping together, remember: Things are not always what they seem.They may be shopping, but they would leave those groceries in a heartbeat to respond to an emergency call.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: Why You often See Firefighters Shopping In Their Uniforms

Post by BoDog »

Really nothing extreme about their 24 hour shift. They get paid to sleep. If my guy sleep, they get fired.

Firefighters go to store on duty, they wash their personal cars on duty, Work out and lift weights on duty. Once they check their equipment and wash the fire trucks at the beginning of the shift, the rest of the 24 hour shift is theirs, and less they get a call. For the most part it’s a Cake job. With modern building codes, inspections, and such, there aren’t nearly as many fires are used to be. They work 24 on and have 48 off. Some have another full-time job as their special hours allow that to happen.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

They also shop in uniform so women and homo sexual builders go week at the knees and buy them stuff at least toss in a six pack and a tug o the forelocks.

Many firemen are strippers in bars, as long as they are not too far way from the station its allowed.

Im sure Designer has seen a few firemen acts swinging their huge hose. :lmao:

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BULLSHIT!
IT TAKES A VERY SPECIAL PERSON TO RUSH INTO A DANGEROUS BUILDING WHEN EVERYONE IS RUNNING OUT. THEY PUT THEIR LIVES IN PERIL TO RESCUE TOTAL STRANGERS, OFTEN STUPID PEOPLE WHO PUT THEMSELVES IN A BAD SITUATION, NEEDING OTHERS TO BAIL THEM OUT TAKING TERRIBLE RISKS TO THEMSELVES.

POLICE, SOLDIERS, RESCUE PEOPLE, HAVE TO BE A LITTLE NUTS TO RISK IT ALL FOR STRANGERS. WOULD YOU DO IT ?

THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE WHO RESPOND !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Fred wrote:They also shop in uniform so women and homo sexual builders go week at the knees and buy them stuff at least toss in a six pack and a tug o the forelocks.

Many firemen are strippers in bars, as long as they are not too far way from the station its allowed.

As with everything else you post about America…… You don’t know what you’re talking about.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

BoDog wrote:
Fred wrote:They also shop in uniform so women and homo sexual builders go week at the knees and buy them stuff at least toss in a six pack and a tug o the forelocks.

As with everything else you post about America…… You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Don't pay any attention to that idiot.
-DBTO

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

MadCow wrote:
BoDog wrote:
Fred wrote:They also shop in uniform so women and homo sexual builders go week at the knees and buy them stuff at least toss in a six pack and a tug o the forelocks. Many firemen are strippers in bars, as long as they are not too far way from the station its allowed.
As do you,...neither do I. ;IDunno:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

C'mon guys - that's fuckin funny [emoji2]

All I know is my bro in law is a firey in Canberra ACT and they only wear their kit when they go to a job - it's WAY too hot to wear it at any other time.

4 days on, 4 days off. 12 hour shifts. He also is a car mechanic and works on cars from his home. When he's on night shift they sleep until they get a call. Beds in the station. Most nights they sleep through. On day shift, he works out in the gym until they get a call.

Sounds great but they also cut bodies out of cars so it can be traumatic.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

MadCow wrote:
BoDog wrote:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I know fuck all about America --- but here is the shocker guys and I know you wont believe it but other countries got firemen too.

The Chippendale male strippers are mostly firemen but then America is the only country in the world with anything.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It's not the sort of profession that I would eagerly pursue.. I've known many LEO's and Firefighters...they are a special bunch for sure....
I have all the respect in the world for folks who every morning of their work days strap on a firearm on their hips ...has a requirement of employment

Firefighters are a tight knit group and they have to be.....it's like soldiering ...you're putting your life on the line for the next guy and he/she for you.
I've seen a fireman cut through the roof of a burning building and as soon as the opening was big enough he entered that building through that cut out opening with nothing but a fire hose in his hands........No Way Hosa..... Takes balls of steel to do that sort of thing.....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:It's not the sort of profession that I would eagerly pursue.. I've known many LEO's and Firefighters...they are a special bunch for sure....
I have all the respect in the world for folks who every morning of their work days strap on a firearm on their hips ...has a requirement of employment

Firefighters are a tight knit group and they have to be.....it's like soldiering ...you're putting your life on the line for the next guy and he/she for you.
I've seen a fireman cut through the roof of a burning building and as soon as the opening was big enough he entered that building through that cut out opening with nothing but a fire hose in his hands........No Way Hosa..... Takes balls of steel to do that sort of thing.....
You pretty much summed up how I think of these two groups pf people.

They are a special breed to do a job that has such a life threatening component.

And,..beyond risking their lives to save the lives of others and their homes,(as if that is not enough)...they have been known to save other things of importance

Firefighters Spot American Flag in Burning Building, Fight Through Flames to Save Old Glory
By Joe Setyon February 13, 2018

A pair of California firefighters braved the smoke and flames Monday to rescue an American flag from a burning building.

A commercial building in Anaheim had erupted into flames at around 2 p.m. Though no injuries were reported, it took Orange County firefighters more than two hours to get the fire under control, according to MyNewsLA.

While they were working to put out the blaze, two firefighters saw an American flag on top of the building. The firemen were able to retrieve the flag, and video footage showed them carrying it to safety. They even folded the flag up neatly before returning it to its owner, a retired officer with the Los Angles Police Department.

:rock:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Balls of steel? Im sure you would save me johnny.

I would save you because I would save anyone.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Fred wrote:I know fuck all about America ---

Yet here you are on this forum...running your cock holster about America pretty much everyday like you're some kind of authority on the subject.
-DBTO

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

MadCow wrote:
Fred wrote:I know fuck all about America ---

Yet here you are on this forum...running your cock holster about America pretty much everyday like you're some kind of authority on the subject.
:blink:

Impressively accurate and effective placement of word choice. :bow:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

To me its far better to laugh at how crazy some people are than to be so full of hate at them. One other on this board I would become mad at in years gone by but just look at what he posted and so full of him self got to see just how far he would go and think he was right and truthfull! :lmao: That way they are your clowns if you just take a deep breath and see how much they yell 'LOOK AT ME'! :jester: :jester:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Fred wrote:
I know fuck all about America ---

Except what a cabin is...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...