Incredible,.....A Three MILE Shot.... :-O

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Incredible,.....A Three MILE Shot.... :-O

Post by Designer »

RoadKing wrote: Sporting rules are what they are. A sniper has rules. Hitting the target. I agree that these guys have to have great skills and understanding of the environment and their weapon and with the addition of tech they gain the advantage. My knowledge of snipers comes from reading and films, no first hand. But the more I learn the more I see these people as a type of super heros.
Quite so. There probably are "Different Rules" between Snipers and Sporting Shooters as to making a shot "offical". Just think, the Sniper is under direct thread of being shot and and must think of cover to protect himself and his spotter, if any,..the Sportsman doesn't have this.

And as you say, the Shooters Skills and Understanding of the Environment and their Weapon have indeed a Great Deal to do with scoring a "Hit". This talk that merely having the electronics that as soon as he sets the trigger the scope adjusts for distance, does not make it so,...."he has little to nothing to compensate for".....as you point out.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Incredible,.....A Three MILE Shot.... :-O

Post by Tbeck »

Designer you are TRYING VERY hard to make an argument where there isn't one. The rest of us are just conversing...

RK, there's a cool look at Melton's distance shooting rifle over on YouTube. It's pretty interesting to see what he's using, adjustable locking mount and a adapter that acts as a periscope so to speak. The further they stretch the limits the more high tech it becomes.