Lunchtime Atop A Sky Scraper

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Lunchtime Atop A Sky Scraper

Post by Designer »

This is a little bit of what is known about the Iconic Photograph of 11 workmen having their lunch sitting an a metal "I" beam some 800 feet above the Manhattan City Streets in 1932

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7QCYDzsQ_yM?rel=0

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Re: Lunchtime Atop A Sky Scraper

Post by JFL Live »

Good clip! [emoji106]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Ageless photo........Men of steel...it now gives me the chills just thinking of being any height

I've walked 14 inch beams applying 20 gauge metal decking at a local power house when it was under construction, the sheets were 26 foot long and there were two of us doing the job that 21 other workers working for the same company as we were that refused to put that decking on that particular job.........and it was the highest I've ever been working construction...
all without a safety belt or safety net....
we were 391 feet above the ground and if I remember right around 85 feet to the next floor which was concrete....

No matter how high you are doing that kind of work...whether it be 800 or 80 feet with out any safety blanket or net below you ..One slip and you're history .......
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

[emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Awesome bit of history! Those guys, whether they were builders or models...to get up there with no safety harnesses is freakin' insane!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

INCREDIBLE!

AND THAT'S ONLY THE ONES THAT DIDN'T FALL UP UNTIL THAT DAY ... !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck