Revzilla's take on HD and Polaris low numbers

Keep it civil
franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: Revzilla's take on HD and Polaris low numbers

Post by franktiregod »

Oh lawd. All this arguing over HD.

First, HD isnt going anywhere. They will just get another bailout and keep rolling. And they will need it if sales continue to decline along with this electric motorcycle fiasco they are walking into.

Next, as far as who gets butthurt over HD versus Metric, the hands down winner is HD owners. I have owned over 20 bikes, mostly Suzuki. I have NEVER walked up to a complete stranger to say "why didnt you get a Suzuki?" If they are so secure in their choice of bike why do they think others must join their chosen cult?

Now, I know what you are gonna say. Ole Frank is a Harley hater. WRONG! I love the Heritage and the Fatboy. But go on the HARLEY forums and just read. Those guys are talking about engine rebuilds at 40k like that's normal. Sorry boss but my Zuki was just breaking in a 40K. It now has 100,773 miles and going.

How many HD mechanics do you know? There are tons of them in every town. Why? Who is keeping them in business? If the bikes are that dependable how are the mechanics eating?

Madcow, you made me laugh. You told us that all bikes are compared to HD then went on to mention bikes HD couldnt possibly compete with.

Sales. Harley needs sales. Period. And over and over in every single comments section I read PRICE is the factor for people who would buy a HD but didn't. Now that's a LOT of sales HD is missing out on. So rather than the electric bike which is basically the 2018 version of a damn pet rock, why don't they concentrate on ways to lower the price of the bikes? Seems rather simple to me.

It's not that they can't afford them because many of these people did buy bikes, they just didnt buy HD. And HD needs those sales. So they need to work on getting them.

I don't wish anything bad for HD. As I said I like them. Look up my google review for Smoky Mountain HD from over a year ago. Surely a Harley basher wouldn't write such nice things about a HD dealer.

Or, for the ones on facebook, read what I wrote just two weeks ago about several HD dealers in my area. Want to hear a bike run? They will fire it up right there. Want to test ride it? Let me see your MC license and take it for a spin. The metric dealers got quite a different review.

Now, I am currently looking at bikes to add to my garage. I looked at a HD Fatboy and I looked at a C90T. The Fatboy was 16K. They had marked the brand new 2017 C90 down to 9k. Similar bikes. And lets says similar quality too. So what am I getting for the extra 7K? Sell me a bike. You are the salesman and I am a potential customer. Anyone in sales knows you must overcome objections. You want to sell me that Fatboy today. You are the salesman and you have rent due.

So I, the customer, asked you what am I getting for the extra 7K? You sell it to me. Don't forget my house needs a new roof and my car needs work too so I can use that extra 7k somewhere else easily. Oh and the C90 comes with a windshield and saddlebags.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

The extra $7k stops the dickheads asking why you didn't buy a Harley.

The downside of that is that you are with them now.... :lmao:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Hey, Franktire, if I were your HD salesman I’d tell you to go home and fix your damned roof and quit wasting both your time and mine. And I would never ask you why you or anyone else ride a Zuki and not a Harley. I don’t care. And when I’m out riding, my ass is on some class and I’m damn sure not ‘butt hurt’! I’m riding a motorcycle! Get it?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

hillsy wrote:The extra $7k stops the dickheads asking why you didn't buy a Harley.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

:lmao:
hillsy wrote:The extra $7k stops the dickheads asking why you didn't buy a Harley.

:lolfall:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:Hey, Franktire, if I were your HD salesman I’d tell you to go home and fix your damned roof and quit wasting both your time and mine. And I would never ask you why you or anyone else ride a Zuki and not a Harley. I don’t care. And when I’m out riding, my ass is on some class and I’m damn sure not ‘butt hurt’! I’m riding a motorcycle! Get it?

Well you suck as a salesman. Even for the brand you profess to love so much.

If you can't sell something you claim to believe in why should anyone else buy it?

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: Oh lawd. All this arguing over HD...
[emoji2] Frank, whether or not I agree with whatever you're ranting about at any particular time, I do enjoy reading your words. [emoji106]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
franktiregod wrote: Oh lawd. All this arguing over HD...
[emoji2] Frank, whether or not I agree with whatever you're ranting about at any particular time, I do enjoy reading your words. [emoji106]

That is because you, sir, appreciate a man who is an independent thinker and I salute you for it.

[emoji106]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

franktiregod wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Hey, Franktire, if I were your HD salesman I’d tell you to go home and fix your damned roof and quit wasting both your time and mine. And I would never ask you why you or anyone else ride a Zuki and not a Harley. I don’t care. And when I’m out riding, my ass is on some class and I’m damn sure not ‘butt hurt’! I’m riding a motorcycle! Get it?

If you cane sell something you claim to believe in why should anyone else buy it?
Whoa, Franktire, no animus necessary. Once again, this is not a case of The Harley guy losing it. I’m a good guy and an excellent Brother! But one thing I am not is a Harley salesman other than when I’m riding I get a lot of thumbs up and over the years I wonder how many people on the road saw my bike and decided to get one of their own. There have been many people I have known personally over the last 50 years who have become riders, most of them Harley, as influenced by ‘my love for the brand I claim to love so much’. Harley sells itself. But, as I said, if I worked in a Harley dealer and you came in talking trash with your attitude I wouldn’t bother trying to convince you of anything other than going home and fixing that roof that is in need.

I think if I had come on IA nine years ago with the moniker ZukiTruder The board would have instantly accepted me rather than the harshness I received from many simply because, as a fellow motorcycle rider, I introduced myself as RoadKing in honor of the bike I ride and love, a guy simply wanting to expand my world of two wheel brotherhood. And look at me here, still trying.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

When I was riding my Intruder and guys asked me why I didn't have a Harley my standard answer was "because you do."

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

If you cane sell something you claim to believe in why should anyone else buy it?
Whoa, Franktire, no animus necessary. Once again, this is not a case of The Harley guy losing it. I’m a good guy and an excellent Brother! But one thing I am not is a Harley salesman other than when I’m riding I get a lot of thumbs up and over the years I wonder how many people on the road saw my bike and decided to get one of their own. There have been many people I have known personally over the last 50 years who have become riders, most of them Harley, as influenced by ‘my love for the brand I claim to love so much’. Harley sells itself. But, as I said, if I worked in a Harley dealer and you came in talking trash with your attitude I wouldn’t bother trying to convince you of anything other than going home and fixing that roof that is in need.

I think if I had come on IA nine years ago with the moniker ZukiTruder The board would have instantly accepted me rather than the harshness I received from many simply because, as a fellow motorcycle rider, I introduced myself as RoadKing in honor of the bike I ride and love, a guy simply wanting to expand my world of two wheel brotherhood. And look at me here, still trying.

RK, you are full of shit as a stuffed turkey, you know that, right? When you are out riding your ass is on some class? Class isn't something you can buy.

Animosity? Look back at your first response. You do stuff then accuse the other person of doing it. Bet you fart and blame it on the dog too.

Your deflections are easily identified. I simply showed real life prices and asked how you as the salesman and Harley promoter would overcome the objections. You cant provide ONE thing you would say?

Here let me help, I would say that we have dealers nationwide and widespread parts availability in case you have a problem while out enjoying the open road so therefore you would be back on the road quickly and I would add that while the metric bikes are dependable if you have an issue the part you need may be days or even weeks out. (Notice how I pointed out a flaw in the competition without trashing them and even gave them a compliment)

I don't even own a Harley and can sell one if I had to. I certainly wouldn't be a dick to a potential customer as you suggested. And I promise you that if you had a sales job you wouldn't speak to a customer like that but once before they fired you.

I asked you to sell the Harley. What would YOU say to a guy as a salesman to sell him on the bike. I added the things he needs at home because that is what REAL people deal with. A man who wants a bike but has other needs as well sees a 7 grand difference as a big deal not to be brushed off. That crap is why Harley sales are down. HD thinks you are supposed to buy it simply because it says HD on it.

Oh and for the record my roof is fine. It is only four years old.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Let me add one more thing since you mentioned your username.

When I was at Hellbender HD, I sat on a Roadking. It felt pretty good. I didn't test ride it though.

The funny part is when I saw it my first thought was ole RK from IA would love to see me buy this. Notice I didnt think anything negative about you or the bike. Just the bike reminded me of your username.

Besides, there were plenty of people who were assholes on that board and their username had nothing to do with it.
The name Cuban comes to mind. :lmao:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: [emoji2] Frank, whether or not I agree with whatever you're ranting about at any particular time, I do enjoy reading your words. [emoji106]
franktiregod wrote: That is because you, sir, appreciate a man who is an independent thinker and I salute you for it. [emoji106]
Well shit. That's it exactly. Perceptive sob, ain't ya!? :cheers:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

OK Frank. You win. Enjoy. Remember you posted about rehab on your total? And I encouraged you and said I would like to see updates and pics, remember? Came from my heart. But you seem to think I am full of shit and no heart. I can’t overcome that so you win. Fuck it.
Signifying nothing”

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: ... there were plenty of people who were assholes on that board and their username had nothing to do with it.
:shock: WTF!? You're over here insulting me while I'm typing a compliment to you? F'kr! :lolfall:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:OK Frank. You win. Enjoy. Remember you posted about rehab on your total? And I encouraged you and said I would like to see updates and pics, remember? Came from my heart. But you seem to think I am full of shit and no heart. I can’t overcome that so you win. Fuck it.
Oh come on RK. I tell my best friend he is full of shit. He tells me the same.

We are just bike guys talking/arguing/debating. it aint like we are changing the world here. Nothing I posted is meant to be personal so do not take it that way.

And to update, I finally got my salvage title from the state just two days ago. Now I have to take it for inspection which i am going to try to do next week. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
franktiregod wrote: ... there were plenty of people who were assholes on that board and their username had nothing to do with it.
:shock: WTF!? You're over here insulting me while I'm typing a compliment to you? F'kr! :lolfall:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Insult? Calling you an asshole is meant in the best of terms. [emoji106]

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lolfall: Well, OK then ya bastard. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
franktiregod wrote: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lolfall: Well, OK then ya bastard. :cheers:
That is Mean Insensitive bastard to you. [emoji106]

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: That is Mean Insensitive bastard to you. [emoji106]
:lolfall: Perceptive Mean Insensitive Bastard.