The Harley Experience

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: The Harley Experience

Post by RoadKing »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:I've been gone for 5 days and you'll still bashing Harley's......I sure didn't see this rag thread going this far.....
More than likely it would have died on the vine if it weren't for the devils advocate making waves again....

and to set the record straight.....and you had to own one to really know what you're talking about
My 2002 Harley Davidson 88B 1450 cc Deuce didn't shake one bit ..that model Softail at that time were smooth as silk.. [emoji106]
One of the best bikes I've ever owned

Wow. A breath of fresh air! Also, great pic! The Deuce is a great bike and sought out.

Ask you a question, Johnny. I have been riding Harley for 50 years and I have never once gone up to a rider on another brand and asked why they don’t ride a Harley. Have you? Another question. When you say devil advocate are you saying
troll?
Welcome back. Too bad the weather was so crummy. Ice and a foot of snow here.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:I've been gone for 5 days and you'll still bashing Harley's......I sure didn't see this rag thread going this far.....
More than likely it would have died on the vine if it weren't for the devils advocate making waves again....

and to set the record straight.....and you had to own one to really know what you're talking about
My 2002 Harley Davidson 88B 1450 cc Deuce didn't shake one bit ..that model Softail at that time were smooth as silk.. [emoji106]

Wow. A breath of fresh air! Also, great pic! The Deuce is a great bike and sought out.

Ask you a question, Johnny. I have been riding Harley for 50 years and I have never once gone up to a rider on another brand and asked why they don’t ride a Harley. Have you?

Fad rider's bug me a bit. They have their garage decked out in all brand new HD merchandise, got the back wall covered with a giant neon HD sign, stools bar toolboxes, all the apparel, but no motorcycle. :lmao: Those are the guys finely get the bank and the wife to approve one, they take it home and there it sits. Those are the guys that want to bash my Suzuki, or the fact that I've only owned (paid for) imports for the past 25 or so years. :lol:

Part of it is trying to find one I looks good to me, fits my riding style, that I can afford to pay cash for, runs well, and isn't on it's last leg.

Those Softails don't look too shabby. Seems I've seen some that aren't too expensive, haven't gone and looked any of them over though.
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

ProdSun, during a half century of riding I have known, called Brother and Sister, and crossed paths with thousands, literally thousands of Harley people, men and women, border to border and coast to coast, and I have never known a ‘fad’ rider or the kind of people you describe! I don’t know, maybe it’s the company you keep? The garages you hang out in? :lolfall:
I have ridden with IAers. I would never bash your bike, either from behind a keyboard or next to you.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

Ask you a question, Johnny. I have been riding Harley for 50 years and I have never once gone up to a rider on another brand and asked why they don’t ride a Harley. Have you?

Fad rider's bug me a bit. They have their garage decked out in all brand new HD merchandise, got the back wall covered with a giant neon HD sign, stools bar toolboxes, all the apparel, but no motorcycle. :lmao: Those are the guys finely get the bank and the wife to approve one, they take it home and there it sits. Those are the guys that want to bash my Suzuki, or the fact that I've only owned (paid for) imports for the past 25 or so years. :lol:

Part of it is trying to find one I looks good to me, fits my riding style, that I can afford to pay cash for, runs well, and isn't on it's last leg.

Those Softails don't look too shabby. Seems I've seen some that aren't too expensive, haven't gone and looked any of them over though.

I rode a 1400 for two years......it was also a great bike to ride.....only complaint I had was changing the front air filter...took me a total of three hours to replace that sucker...

ps: I've rode all over the USA also.....never run into or met anyone that fits the description that you have mentioned......Evidently they haven't got a clue about the 1400
Maybe you need to find better company to ride with......
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

RoadKing wrote:

Ask you a question, Johnny. I have been riding Harley for 50 years and I have never once gone up to a rider on another brand and asked why they don’t ride a Harley. Have you? Another question. When you say devil advocate are you saying
troll?

Never have asked a Metric rider that question and never will either.....It's not what you ride ...it's IF you ride.....

And yes ..the devils advocate= troll

We have colder temps and too much rain.....It's Mardi Gras season and several events most likely will be cancelled
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:ProdSun, during a half century of riding I have known, called Brother and Sister, and crossed paths with thousands, literally thousands of Harley people, men and women, border to border and coast to coast, and I have never known a ‘fad’ rider or the kind of people you describe! I don’t know, maybe it’s the company you keep? The garages you hang out in? :lolfall:
I have ridden with IAers. I would never bash your bike, either from behind a keyboard or next to you.
I might have exaggerated a bit, but up here in the Midwest, 10,000 miles on a bike of any year is considered "high-mileage" A lot of people will buy a bike, get one scare on it, then put it away to gather dust.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
RoadKing wrote:ProdSun, during a half century of riding I have known, called Brother and Sister, and crossed paths with thousands, literally thousands of Harley people, men and women, border to border and coast to coast, and I have never known a ‘fad’ rider or the kind of people you describe! I don’t know, maybe it’s the company you keep? The garages you hang out in? :lolfall:
I might have exaggerated a bit, but up here in the Midwest, 10,000 miles on a bike of any year is considered "high-mileage" A lot of people will buy a bike, get one scare on it, then put it away to gather dust.

Personally I love when they do that. It means lots of good, low mileage used bikes for the picking. [emoji106]

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

franktiregod wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:

Personally I love when they do that. It means lots of good, low mileage used bikes for the picking. [emoji106]
That it does :naughty: [emoji106] My 1400 was 10 years old and had 3,000 miles on it. I've more than tripled that in 2 years. :clap: without even trying. Sh*t I got a wife and two small kids, and three dogs, two cats, full-time job, a house to take care of. I hardly ever ride :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Only reason I rack up more miles than most all my friends is I use them like most use a car/truck. If it will haul it and no ice/snow I am on the bike. :putput:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Here is my Harley experience.

Me: This is a nice bike. It fits pretty good.

Dealer: Hey motherf***er! Didnt I tell you get your ass off the bike unless you want to buy?

Oh wait, that was pretty much how I felt at Byron Powersports. :lmao:

If I buy a Harley and I keep the Suzuki I will hate myself and wont know why. I wont wave at me anymore for sure. F**k me that arrogant sumbitch. :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

franktiregod wrote:Here is my Harley experience.

Dealer: Hey motherf***er! Didnt I tell you get your ass off the bike unless you want to buy?

If I buy a Harley and I keep the Suzuki I will hate myself and wont know why. I wont wave at me anymore for sure. F**k me that arrogant sumbitch. :lmao:

Evidently you haven't heard about the dreaded "Death Wobble" that is so prevalent on the Harley's
You're too scared to wave at anyone fearing that you will lose control [emoji106] :eek:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

OK. Here’s the deal. I wave at all the bikes but nobody waves back, just stare at me for a second. Now, when I pass Westmoreland HS the school girls wave and so being a gent I wave back, but were it not for that I’d feel terrible about myself... those damned bikers don’t wave back. What am I doing wrong?
Signifying nothing”

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

But will you still occasionally talk to yourself?
-DBTO

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

I've had H-D riders snub me when I was riding an FLHTC. They really ignored me when I was riding my Buell. Wave don't wave BFD whaaaa you hurt my little feels.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

wally w wrote:I've had H-D riders snub me when I was riding an FLHTC. They really ignored me when I was riding my Buell. Wave don't wave BFD whaaaa you hurt my little feels.
It happens on both sides. When I had my 1400 and the 1800 some Harley riders snubbed me. And when I had my Harley a lot of rice burners snubbed me. People like that must have really low self esteem.

Personally I didn't care if someone was on a moped, I'll wave.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

RK, it's probably the pink tassles on your handlebars and the training wheels :lmao: ...

You know that's a joke right?

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

MadCow wrote:

But will you still occasionally talk to yourself?
Of course. I am the only person I can get along with. [emoji2]

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:OK. Here’s the deal. I wave at all the bikes but nobody waves back, just stare at me for a second. Now, when I pass Westmoreland HS the school girls wave and so being a gent I wave back, but were it not for that I’d feel terrible about myself... those damned bikers don’t wave back. What am I doing wrong?
I once passed a group of college girls doing a car wash. They were wearing their bikinis and really waving. Rhonda was riding right behind me on her bike so I nodded but didnt wave. (Yes she was that insanely jealous)

Later I mentioned it and she said, "I waved but you better be glad you didn't"

You aint doing nothing wrong. Just keep enjoying the ride. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Evidently you haven't heard about the dreaded "Death Wobble" that is so prevalent on the Harley's
You're too scared to wave at anyone fearing that you will lose control [emoji106] :eek:
Come to think of it I felt a little wobbly just sitting on it. But I will admit it felt right. We will see how it plays out.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

franktiregod wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:

Come to think of it I felt a little wobbly just sitting on it. But I will admit it felt right. We will see how it plays out.

Wobbly when you sat on it.....Oh Yea That's was the pre-shake mode...it's on all the newer model Harley's...
it prepares you for the ( drum roll please ) shake rattle and roll you're going to get once you hit that starter button [emoji106] :lmao:
Some women say that SR&R is better than some of their vibrators.... :naughty:
At least that's what some have disclosed to me :notsayin: