Hadean guitar

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Hadean guitar

Post by Tbeck »

I posted a while back that I snagged a Hadean nylon acoustic guitar to fill a hole. Anyhow my initial impression was that it seemed like a very good guitar for the money, but I wanted to update since I have been playing it for a couple months.
The guitar was well set up straight out of the box but I like the strings close to the neck, as in any lower and you'd get string buzz. So with that said I replaced the plastic saddle bridge with a bone one that I fabricated lower. At some point I may do the same on the other end as well. Still it's very playable with or without this mod.
OEM strings are what you'd expect on a $130 guitar, cheap. I have left them on because I have been playing with the aforementioned, but the strings are lame. As with most nylon strings it takes a good 2-3 weeks before they quit going out of tune, normal.
The body is thinline solid top with no hole but the pick-up and preamp are awesome. Tuner works perfectly and the preamp controls allow easy adjustment from bright to deeply mellow. The body resonates nicely so if you want to play without plugging in, that's not a problem.
Tuners are cheap and notchy so I was going to swap them out but a simple lube of the gears addressed the issue. The neck is straight with an easily accessed thrust rod.
I have not picked up the SG since the Hadean arrived, and it's a pleasure to play. If I had one complaint with the guitar it would be weight. It's probably really close to a Les Paul in weight. Fine for plinking in a chair but not a guitar I would want to be wearing on stage for an hour.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: Hadean guitar

Post by BoDog »

It’s as heavy as a LP? Wow. Back when I played in a band for years I just had to have a LP but it was too heavy to stand with it on my shoulder for four hours.

Oh, and there’s nothing worse than cheap tuners. :sad:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Pic?
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: Pic?
Pick.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Cuban wrote:
Pick.

I don't like the color of that plectrum...
-DBTO

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

MadCow wrote: I don't like the color of that plectrum...
"plectrum" That's a new word for me. [emoji2]

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Cuban wrote:
Pick.

Thank man! [emoji106]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...