Half way

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Half way

Post by Tbeck »

Can't believe it but today was the last day for the first semester. Half way through the school year already.
Better get my riding plan's sorted :rock:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: Half way

Post by DevilsFan »

Put that map up and start throwing those darts!!! [emoji106]
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Yah, my son is halfway through first school year as NYC school teacher, and he got a notice for jury duty. Those fuckers!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:Can't believe it but today was the last day for the first semester. Half way through the school year already.

Why don't you put OMG on that riding calendar of yours.......I'd sure like to meet and ride with you [emoji106]
June 13th thru the 17th
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I am heading west so I may just stop in to OMG. I am currently looking at different routes to go west since I don't want to keep riding the same roads.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:Can't believe it but today was the last day for the first semester. Half way through the school year already.

Hang in there brother...this is the time of year I start getting all ansy(sp?) about riding and start going stir crazy.

8 weeks until the warming trend will be in full swing...
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

MC I usually start ordering any upgrade part's for proposed ride's about this time and start preparing the bike.
I'm ordering some canyon cages so I can add highway pegs. I am fine riding 400 miles, but I need to stretch out the right knee for multiple 400 mile days.
400 is my benchmark for day planning because I tend to stay off interstate roads. 600 if I have interstates planned to cover some miles.
Think I will put some new rubber on before heading out as well :rock:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:MC I usually start ordering any upgrade part's for proposed ride's about this time and start preparing the bike.
I'm ordering some canyon cages so I can add highway pegs. I am fine riding 400 miles, but I need to stretch out the right knee for multiple 400 mile days.
400 is my benchmark for day planning because I tend to stay off interstate roads. 600 if I have interstates planned to cover some miles.
Think I will put some new rubber on before heading out as well :rock:

May I suggest Michelin Commander II's.........they are the best mileage tire on the bike market today
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I am running a Michelin PR4 on the front which nets 10-12k and a 200/55-17 Michelin commander II on the rear. The OEM rear is supposed to be a 190/50. I wanted to use something on the rear that would go more than the usual 6k and decided to try the commander even though it's a cruiser/tour tire. It gets me about 10-12k and doesn't misbehave. It is taller which gives the bike a bit of nose down lean but doesn't cause any issues.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

If you get near here, stop by here and My Wife will cook you a delicious genuine new Mexican meal. [emoji106]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:SJ, I am running a Michelin PR4 on the front which nets 10-12k and a 200/55-17 Michelin commander II on the rear. The OEM rear is supposed to be a 190/50. I wanted to use something on the rear that would go more than the usual 6k and decided to try the commander even though it's a cruiser/tour tire. It gets me about 10-12k and doesn't misbehave. It is taller which gives the bike a bit of nose down lean but doesn't cause any issues.

The guys I ride with (mostly Harley Touring models ) are all getting 20K to 22K on our II's rear tires...180/65/16's and even more on our front tires
if we push 'em...last front tire I had to change because of the age factor and not the mileage.....still had plenty of thread left but it was showing several small cracks between the threads.....I've run 'em till the wear bars before but don't really trust a front tire with excessive mileage.

But for the most part we change both when we change the rear tire....Dunny's barely make 12K to 13K....Metz and Bridgestones about the same....
no other tires that I have used on my bikes compare with the mileage of the II's ....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, sports tour bike's eat up tires :lol: