JOY!

Keep it civil
wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

JOY!

Post by wally w »

Something new hurts which takes my mind off of the parts that already hurt. YAY!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: JOY!

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm thankful every morning that I have something new hurting me somewhere on these old bones........it means I'm still here
But once I get to rolling those early morning aches and pains seem to evaporate into thin air.....It's great to still (sic) be alive and walking
As long as I can get myself in the saddle and ride out to the golf course and make two or three rides a month......I'm Good [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

[emoji2] You guys are NOT making it easy for me to think about aging. I'm 64 now... when is this agony going to start?

Sorry for your pain Wally. :sad:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Cuban wrote:[emoji2] You guys are NOT making it easy for me to think about aging. I'm 64 now... when is this agony going to start?

Errr, uh, you should already be having agony. You are one Lucky SOB. [emoji106] :cheers:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

navigator wrote: Errr, uh, you should already be having agony. You are one Lucky SOB. [emoji106] :cheers:
Jesus nav! You tryin' to roll me into the grave? Get off me, man! :shock:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Cuban wrote:[emoji2] You guys are NOT making it easy for me to think about aging. I'm 64 now... when is this agony going to start?

64! was 65 when I made my longest trip and had a hope to see you in the long ride up through Canada to get to DeadHorse. 10,300 miles and turned 66 the day after we got back. O to be 66 again :cheers: . Am so getting cabin fever ,snow still coming down and 0 or below most nights. Parts that were hurt in years past seem so much worse in the cold. Up to 10 now so may bundle up and take rear wheel off Vstrom as slick rear don't do good on wet much less ice/snow. Snow Birds look smarter all the time the older I become. If like Emu and bike in a parking spot covered would take a inside ride. Five bikes and the 37 in barn and two and wife's car in other have to turn side ways to push one out.Snow too deep to do that now! :hellfire: Only time out yesterday was walk to mail box! Fl would be nice now.Kid cop may even be off and take a ride with you? Bet he would take me a ride in the fence puller? In back!!! :eek: :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Sun was so nice went out and shoveled the side walk.No wind made the 16 feel ok.. Then a aspirin and knee felt better so went to take wheel of V-strom. As I am tapping axle out the salt heavy on tire starts falling off. Look and tire is far better than I was thinking.Brush all salt off and tap not all the way out axle back in. sung and adjust all and wait till warmer as change will go lots better. :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

At age 65 the wife and me did 3000 miles or so in 5 0r 6 days on a VS800. At age 70 I was riding a VZ1600 Marauder at age 76 crashed twice in one month and said Fuck it I'll leave this sport to the kids. Thanks for the sentiment tho.

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

wally w wrote: At age 65 the wife and me did 3000 miles or so in 5 or 6 days on a VS800. At age 70 I was riding a VZ1600 Marauder at age 76 crashed twice in one month and said Fuck it I'll leave this sport to the kids. Thanks for the sentiment tho.
[emoji106] :rag: :cheers:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Yep. Body pain, chronic, osteoarthritis that makes me slow of body and mind. But so much work and play needs doing and so little time. So, I get rid of the chronic pain for a couple days and get tons accomplished by taking prescribed opioids, Tramadol. However, and that’s a big HOWEVER, a different pain, one even worse, sets in... constipation! :lolfall: Due to the use of opioids! Yeah, eventually am able to dump a huge load and the constipation is gone, so that I am once again painfully aware of my arhuritis! So? Yeah, take another Tramadol and the cycle repeats itself! :lolfall: Two days on, two days off, you might say. :lmao:

But it all gets better once riding weather returns, the heat heals my bones and the daily long hard rides help to keep the bowels moving, along with lots of fresh fruits and veggies. One thing I am looking forward to is traveling to the West Coast in the near future where I can buy an ounce of green budds and back way off of these Dammital opioids.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

RoadKing wrote:Yep. Body pain, chronic, osteoarthritis that makes me slow of body and mind. But so much work and play needs doing and so little time. So, I get rid of the chronic pain for a couple days and get tons accomplished by taking prescribed opioids, Tramadol. However, and that’s a big HOWEVER, a different pain, one even worse, sets in... constipation! :lolfall: Due to the use of opioids! Yeah, eventually am able to dump a huge load and the constipation is gone, so that I am once again painfully aware of my arhuritis! So? Yeah, take another Tramadol and the cycle repeats itself! :lolfall: Two days on, two days off, you might say. :lmao:

But it all gets better once riding weather returns, the heat heals my bones and the daily long hard rides help to keep the bowels moving, along with lots of fresh fruits and veggies. One thing I am looking forward to is traveling to the West Coast in the near future where I can buy an ounce of green budds and back way off of these Dammital opioids.
I've got hydrocodone for pain but I stopped taking as I get suicidal after 2 days. As far as the bud goes I'm living in Missouri where they shoot you for toking up however I can recommend White Widow for pain relief somehow some magically appeared in my basement.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

I know some of you do like me and rarely take all the pain pills after doc worked on you unless he tells you take all. I still have some strong stuff never used but guess its ok if needed. Doctor told me in pill form it can last about for ever. May weaken a little but not hurt you. A good shot of whiskey still helps me once in a while. Sorry for your being full of shit sometimes RK! Joking and its never a good thing and pain full as hell at times. I am glad that most the time I am at other side and as long as can control a little would far rather go a little too often than too long.
Under the old 37 today .Was going to to change a wheel cyl. but one of the old lug nuts rounded and have to get it off now. Do what I usually do and dump out lots of old sockets till one about tight enough and drive on. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

The socket worked but hurting so bad went in side and soaked in tub a hour. Lots better today and only old guy of eight that rode in this AM. Was really windy and like a small sail boat both ways. High was at dark this AM and to be in 30s soon today.Hope feel better last as taking wheel cly off and get a new one todays plan. :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

old time rider wrote:The socket worked but hurting so bad went in side and soaked in tub a hour. Lots better today and only old guy of eight that rode in this AM. Was really windy and like a small sail boat both ways. High was at dark this AM and to be in 30s soon today.Hope feel better last as taking wheel cly off and get a new one todays plan. :putput:
Went out cold and windy went back in made coffee with age comes wisdom.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Just what I am doing now Wally! With wheel off the drum was stuck :hellfire: Put some oil around bolts and peck with hammer. Would move a little but not come off? Took thick metal to use like chisel and peck on back side while under truck.This got it off :clap: Still does not want to turn but a little but with one side only jacked up the old rear may be the reason? Any way did not have to heat to get off and will pull wheel cly today or soon and go order a new one. This thing is ten years older than me and like me could be better any where you look. Still the old thing is fun to drive and having it 41 years may keep it? :putput:

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

I got turned onto this a couple of years back and it ROCKS. It's like grease for old bones. Everyone I have turned onto it have pretty much the same conclusion.

http://greatlakesgelatin.com/storefront ... e-can.html

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

old time rider wrote:Just what I am doing now Wally! With wheel off the drum was stuck :hellfire: Put some oil around bolts and peck with hammer. Would move a little but not come off? Took thick metal to use like chisel and peck on back side while under truck.This got it off :clap: Still does not want to turn but a little but with one side only jacked up the old rear may be the reason? Any way did not have to heat to get off and will pull wheel cly today or soon and go order a new one. This thing is ten years older than me and like me could be better any where you look. Still the old thing is fun to drive and having it 41 years may keep it? :putput:
Can't let that old tin sit, try to drive it every week or two to keep things limber and keep various parts from freezing up. That 37 won't let you down if you treat it as nice as that vstrom 650. [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Drove the 37 more than the car last few months when not real cold as wife likes it ok. Her car is 12 years old now with 70,000. If I drove the 37 like the Vstrom would be broke down 99% of the time! Have owned five cars/trucks in the 30s and liked them lots more than the three new ones owned. Just like old stuff for some reason? :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test

Post by wally w »

old time rider wrote:Drove the 37 more than the car last few months when not real cold as wife likes it ok. Her car is 12 years old now with 70,000. If I drove the 37 like the Vstrom would be broke down 99% of the time! Have owned five cars/trucks in the 30s and liked them lots more than the three new ones owned. Just like old stuff for some reason? :putput:
Me i'll take a new car with radial tires that last 60000 miles instead of bias ply 10000 starters that last over 10 years disc brakes and abs water pumps that seem to never fail not needing a valve job at 15000 fuel pumps that don't fail on the coldest day of the tear requiring you to install the new one while traffic is whizzing by on the interstate the old cars are cool to look at but I'd rather have a new one.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Like newer bikes/cars /trucks a lot better as far as holding up a long long time but to not have to haul in if on side of road old points and carb ones usually can get going. Main reason I love old ones is the looks. Mine I put a 1967 283 and power glide in when I got it in 1977. Never tire of looking out at the art deco fenders and big old head lights on the sides of grill shell.Windshield cranked out a little in good weather and all the waves and thumbs up that greet you just driving. Had a 1936 Ply. coupe that was factory and best old car I ever owned. Old flat head six would hum at 70mph on parkway and they had real good stock brakes! Ford and Chevy did not. Ford did not even have Hyd brakes till 1939/40. Ply. had them when they came out in 1928 as a cheaper Dodge. :putput: