A year ago today...

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

A year ago today...

Post by DevilsFan »

...I set my little girl to run free on the rainbow bridge. :sad:

She still seems to "be here" in some way, but I still miss her like crazy. She was a great dog, very docile and snuggly. I hope Holly is up there with the others having a great doggy time.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: A year ago today...

Post by Designer »

What a GREAT Dog! [emoji2] :clap: :cheers:

I can see why you miss her. :bow:

Tell us,......Did you get another Deserving Dog to fill the Special Space in your Heart?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I don't think a day has gone by in the past year that my boy Byron hasn't been mentioned. He was truly an amazing beast, and very protective while being a bit goofy.
I feel your loss DF, never easy.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:I don't think a day has gone by in the past year that my boy Byron hasn't been mentioned. He was truly an amazing beast, and very protective while being a bit goofy.
I feel your loss DF, never easy.
When your Best Friend died about a year ago,...I read of the pain-of-loss in your Thread about,..."Last One",....and felt similar.

I could well relate to what you and your wife were experiencing. ...hoped you would fair better,..... and fill the void left by his passing.

How GREAT it is that you have your New Buddy, Byron! [emoji106] :cheers: :clap:

Just how much joy can a Living Being Bring, eh? [emoji2]

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

I picked up my little Ginny a few weeks after Holly passed. She's a good dog but stubborn...like her new owner! [emoji2]

On another note, my sister just called to tell me her dog that had a seizure a few days ago has been diagnosed with cancer. My sister just got this dog a few months ago. The poor thing still has scars all over from where she was chewed up by other dogs.
Vivian was at a rescue home and my sister fell in love with her. She's so sweet and docile for what she's obviously been through...and now this. My sis is heartbroken. :sad:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Wow its been a year already. I am so sorry. I know you will always miss her. :(

I am sorry your sister is going through it too.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

DevilsFan wrote:I picked up my little Ginny a few weeks after Holly passed. She's a good dog but stubborn...like her new owner! [emoji2]
Superb! :clap: [space] You have a New Friend! [emoji106]

Do you have any pictures of your matching "Stubborn One"? [emoji2]
DevilsFan wrote:....On another note, my sister just called to tell me her dog that had a seizure a few days ago has been diagnosed with cancer. My sister just got this dog a few months ago. The poor thing still has scars all over from where she was chewed up by other dogs.
Vivian was at a rescue home and my sister fell in love with her. She's so sweet and docile for what she's obviously been through...and now this. My sis is heartbroken. :sad:
I have had several similar situations with Rescue Animals. You have no idea what they have been through, but you can pretty much tell it has been awful. They just ADORE the loving kindness you give them,....then something Pops up that takes them away all too soon.

I've had to console myself with knowing I did my best to give them a Good Life for whatever time they had left here...

And then,... GET ANOTHER ONE! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] :rock:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Designer wrote:
Do you have any pictures of your matching "Stubborn One"? [emoji2]
Here's a picture of Ginny when I got her last year. She's still the same lookin', only a tad bit fatter! (She loves the dog cookies!) She has a little snaggle-tooth, which makes her "unique". She's a cuddler and she's really grown on me. It was tough at first, as I was missing Holly a lot. They say times heals...and it does to some extent. But she's come around to my other pup. At first they did their own thing but now they're more close to one another.
Dogs are truly amazing!

Designer wrote: I have had several similar situations with Rescue Animals. You have no idea what they have been through, but you can pretty much tell it has been awful. They just ADORE the loving kindness you give them,....then something Pops up that takes them away all too soon.

I've had to console myself with knowing I did my best to give them a Good Life for whatever time they had left here...

And then,... GET ANOTHER ONE! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] :rock:

That's awesome that you do that as there are so many dogs being mistreated. They're definitely man's best friend. They ask for nothing except a little care and what they give in return is priceless.