Jeffco, did you feel it?

Keep it civil
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Jeffco, did you feel it?

Post by MadCow »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16/of ... essee.html

CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. – The U.S. Geological Survey says a 3.6 magnitude earthquake has been recorded in southeastern Missouri.

The survey says the earthquake struck Tuesday more than 2 miles (4 kilometers) southwest of Caruthersville, Missouri.

No damage has been reported, but the survey reports the quake also was felt in parts of West Tennessee, northeast Arkansas and western Kentucky.

Caruthersville is in the New Madrid Seismic Zone, where a series of large earthquakes took place from December 1811 to February 1812.
-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Re: Jeffco, did you feel it?

Post by PCC »

Can't say I felt an earth shake here south of Springfield... well maybe! :wink: :notsayin: :funnylast:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

In 1811 the great populations that span The Mississippi today did not yet exist as you folks all know. I fear that today the cataclysm would be so great that FEMA and the national coffers would be little help. Read the great historical novel, The Frontiersman, and learned that New Madrid quake was caused when a pissed off Tecumseh stomped the ground in anger. Scary.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm waiting for gore to come out and claim it's a result of climate change... or is it global warming.....dumb ass
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

RoadKing wrote:In 1811 the great populations that span The Mississippi today did not yet exist as you folks all know. I fear that today the cataclysm would be so great that FEMA and the national coffers would be little help. Read the great historical novel, The Frontiersman, and learned that New Madrid quake was caused when a pissed off Tecumseh stomped the ground in anger. Scary.
He told them he would stomp his foot! Was it Kenton or Boone that saved his body from being disrespected when dead?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:
RoadKing wrote:In 1811 the great populations that span The Mississippi today did not yet exist as you folks all know. I fear that today the cataclysm would be so great that FEMA and the national coffers would be little help. Read the great historical novel, The Frontiersman, and learned that New Madrid quake was caused when a pissed off Tecumseh stomped the ground in anger. Scary.
He told them he would stomp his foot! Was it Kenton or Boone that saved his body from being disrespected when dead?
Seems to me that Simon Kenton identified another body to keep Tecumseh body from being mutilated. The people of that time and place in American history were walking legends. Lafitte, Boone, Old Hickory. Can you imagine?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I slept right through that one :)
-DBTO