WEIRDEST WEATHER I'VE EVER SEEN

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

WEIRDEST WEATHER I'VE EVER SEEN

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Yesterday at this time I was playing golf in a short sleeve shirt with a temperature of 70 degrees.....
Today it's snowing and 31 degrees .....not much right now but if it holds up throughout the night it could very well be at least an inch + before tomorrow :bonk:

We've already had 2.1 inches f the white stuff on December the 8th of last year.....this winter is setting new records that will last for a while..
Got the stand alone firebox going right now....keeping out home at a constant 67 degrees without the central heater.
Low tonight gonna be around 22 with some wicked chill factors involved
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: WEIRDEST WEATHER I'VE EVER SEEN

Post by Tbeck »

We get snow but we're about 10" from a new annual snowfall record and we're barely into winter.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

We were in the single digits overnight with the last cold shot. My home thermometer recorded 72 a few days later. Now back to Forties for highs, more cold on the way and possibly a little snow tonight. I love it. It's ever changing. I'd hate living some place that was always warm or always cold.
lovineveryminuteofit

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED " MOTHER NATURE "

AND NOW SHE'S ON THE RAG ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Snowing here as I type this....getting ready to head out to work...oh JOY...
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

S’no big deal here in Upstate. Just another cold normal Winter’s day with another wake up to six inches of fresh snow fall. Heavy duty breakfast, splash of Irish in the coffee, outside to move snow and enjoy the beautiful sight of pups romping in the fresh fall. It’s good.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We ended up with just a dusting but the temps last night of 18* froze everything solid..... some elevated bridges closed...numerous wreaks on both interstate exchanges ( Cajuns just ain't caught on to slippery surfaces just yet LOL ) and schools are closed until further notice....they do that to keep those same Cajuns off the road with the buses [emoji2]
More of the same tonight but by the weekend we will be back to normal January temps and weather conditions..
There ain't no way I could take four months of this crapola ....I'm about as far south latitude as I want to be and it seems it's not quite far enough :lmao:
Better days are ahead.......

I hope that asshole gore is holed up somewhere freezing his ass off :evil: :fu:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

WEATHER IS GOD'S GIFT TO LAWYERS AND BODY SHOPS
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

WHEN THE TEMPS GET CLOSE TO 20 DEGREES, IT'S WISE TO LET A COLD WATER FAUCET RUN, JUST A VERY SMALL FLOW, TO KEEP THE WATER LINE FROM FREEZING. MOVING WATER DOESN'T FREEZE AS QUICKLY AS STILL WATER
Luck & Experience:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

This AM out my front window. Longest in two years with out a ride,six days! o again last night but way up out of med teens called for today at 28! Then a little more each day so may be a ride by Sat.Image

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

old time rider wrote:This AM out my front window. Longest in two years with out a ride,six days! o again last night but way up out of med teens called for today at 28! Then a little more each day so may be a ride by Sat.Image

Makes me like the deep south even more... and it's been longer for me without riding....but that is to be expected with the weather patterns we are having now......when a decent day comes around I do ride.....to the golf course ..it's only about about 6 miles to the course ( 20 miles going home [emoji106] ) but I get both down in one day

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got up to 32 for first time in a week.Six days since a ride because of ice/snow. Road looking white but with salt and above 25 had them starting to dry. Drove wife car back and forth to help the foot of snow on the 50 feet of gravel drive.Walk the Vstrom up the slight low part to level before black top.Get on and duck walk till on black top.Felt so good but way too much run off and still a few ice streaks.Rode seven miles and duck walk all the way back throught the snow and park beside the car. Meet with old guys in the AM may be another no go it not a lot better. :putput:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

We're in the 30's today. Nobody riding because there's too much salt, and icy patches. It's going to take a few warm up day's along with a good rain before the roads are alright for riding.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:We're in the 30's today. Nobody riding because there's too much salt, and icy patches. It's going to take a few warm up day's along with a good rain before the roads are alright for riding.

All of our roads here look white like they still have snow on them...they didn't hold back with the spreaders...not complaining...made it to work each day no problem.
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

MC, yep same. It's a salt and chemical mix they use here, very little grit if any. Some patches of road are damp from melt off which slops that stuff on the vehicles. It gets into really tough to wash places on bikes. I always wait for a good rain so it washes off the road way before getting the bike out. Hate corrosion.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!

Post by HARRIS »

WHERE I LIVE THEY PUT DOWN A BRINE SOLUTION AND IT DRIES. IT MELTS THE SNOW ON CONTACT. NO SALT CRYSTALS TO ACT LIKE MARBLES ON THE ROAD. STILL IT COVERS EVERYTHING WITH WHITE
Luck & Experience:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:MC, yep same. It's a salt and chemical mix they use here, very little grit if any. Some patches of road are damp from melt off which slops that stuff on the vehicles. It gets into really tough to wash places on bikes. I always wait for a good rain so it washes off the road way before getting the bike out. Hate corrosion.
I think it's just salt here...but they put enough on it to work...secondary roads will get an "ok" treatment which means the roads get real slushy....found out the hard way my 3500 Dually doesn't like that stuff when it's unloaded...haha....she's ok but there's a suck mark on the drivers seat now...
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

HARRIS wrote:WHERE I LIVE THEY PUT DOWN A BRINE SOLUTION AND IT DRIES. IT MELTS THE SNOW ON CONTACT. NO SALT CRYSTALS TO ACT LIKE MARBLES ON THE ROAD. STILL IT COVERS EVERYTHING WITH WHITE

What is BRINE? Is that like salt water solution?
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Brine...you put pickles in. Lost two front fenders on my Nomad to road salt,wire on 1400,dark bottoms that would not wash off on all my winter bikes, and more than normal short life wheel bearings. The last leg to DeadHorse was so heavy with spray trucks putting the stuff down and bikes got covered in a day as bad as all winter here. No way its good for any thing but clearing ice!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

OTR, yep and any hairline cracks or pin holes in the engine casing clear coating that stuff finds it's way to. Makes a real mess.