Ever see a B2 Bomber in the air?

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Ever see a B2 Bomber in the air?

Post by n-trude »

B2 Bombers are stationed in Mo.

I see them in the air around Knob Noster Mo.
If you go down 50 highway in mid Mo.
you might see them in the air, Iogging fIight hours.
Something to see.... in the air.

They went from Mo. to Iraq and back without stopping I think.
Now there are 3 in Guam to be cIoser to North Korea.

Ever seen one in the air, fIying wing.?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/11 ... korea.html

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Ever see a B2 Bomber in the air?

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I find them to be an affront to God and aerodynamics, and try to deny their existence to myself as much as possible.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

HO-2 aircraft design, nothing new. I am not a fan of the B1 or B2.
You are correct there was an article about flying to Iraq. I didn't understand the reason for the article since lot's of aircraft make those flight's. It just in air refueled instead of landing along the flight path.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The formally Chennault Air Force Base was home to the now inactivated 44th Bombardment Wing flying B-52's in the 1950s and 1960s. The U.S. Air Force initially operated B-29 Superfortress bombers as well as KC-97 air-to-air refueling tankers and later flew B-47E Stratojet bombers from the airfield.

Military Operations ceased in 1963.....

As one the longest air fields (11,000+ feet) on the Gulf coast it was also an official secondary landing site for the Space Shuttle.

As family entertainment on Sunday afternoons my parents used to take us the foot of the runway and watch the B-52's taking off and landing...
they were a sight to see to these young eyes.... [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I find them to be an affront to God and aerodynamics, and try to deny their existence to myself as much as possible.
I feel that way about Roadkings [emoji2]

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

tabasco wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:I find them to be an affront to God and aerodynamics, and try to deny their existence to myself as much as possible.
I feel that way about Roadkings [emoji2]
:funnylast: :funnylast:
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Went to an Airshow in the 90’s, I’m thinking 1994, at Moffett Airfield. It was around the time of the closing there of Moffett Naval Air Station. There was a surprise flyby of the Stealth Bomber, to me seeing it for real was almost like seeing a UFO! Impressive sight to actually ‘see in the air’... first and only time.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

SEEING THAT BOMBER, AND AS WELL AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER, AND STILL CANNOT FATHOM HOW THEY STAY AFLOAT IN THE AIR AND WATER ...

MAGIC !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

HARRIS wrote:SEEING THAT BOMBER, AND AS WELL AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER, AND STILL CANNOT FATHOM HOW THEY STAY AFLOAT IN THE AIR AND WATER ...

MAGIC !
Yes. Magic from the creative genius of the human mind. I am in awe of what people do.

I am working, training, studying to be a certified dog trainer. Thousands of years ago humans trained dogs and bred them to herd livestock. The evolution of breeding and training since then has led to the wealth of knowledge that I am able to learn today. We humans are the students, far more than the pups we train. It is the magic of the human mind that created a certain breed that could be trained to hunt, trained to herd. It is the magic of the human mind that keeps that Stealth Bomber in the air! A learned mind like Jeffco sees that plane in wonder as it flies.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.