The FLU

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

The FLU

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I've got the flu and it sucks. I have a fever, a runny nose, can't keep anything down, and all the normal aches and pains. This is the worst I have ever felt. The cough drop I was given to help with the cough tasted as bad as the crap I threw up last night. I wouldn't wish this on Hillary Clinton that's how bad it is. I'm trying to drink some Dr. Pepper to see if I can keep that down since I don't seem to be able to keep anything else down. So far it is working, the next thing is chicken noodle soup, mom's fix all. :lol: So if I don't get to feeling better I may stop posting for a while. I just don't feel like doing anything not even playing on the computer.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: The FLU

Post by old time rider »

Hope you get better soon .Stay warm and drink lots of soup. Had it over 30 years ago and got a shot every year since. Still act like I have not with more often hand washing, open doors with paper or arm, etc.. They had the so bad taste drops last time I had it :tongue: .Was worse than worse hangover I ever had and had my share of them :bonk: :bonk: .Wife had to go in the hospital with it a few years back.Now she to gets a shot every year.I just wanted to pass out and wake up when it had ran its course but not that lucky.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Might I suggest...

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Have you had a flu shot?
It might not be the flu, it might be POIS.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Dr. Dave.... :funnylast:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Nope, no flu shot. Why get a flu shot if you have the flu? Besides they (the government) is saying if you think you have the flu not to get the shot. :bonk:

I went down to the to get some Luden's Wild Cherry cough and got taken for a dollar by the cashier. she said the cough drops were $1.60 and I gave her a five she gave me $2.40 back. When I went to school that was equal to $4. Anyway, since I didn't feel like arguing over it I didn't take the receipt and left.

Personally I think it is like the fires in Cal. a government conspiracy to control the people and the population. The population was way too high and people were living where ever they wanted. You can't control a people that can do that and the election of Trump proved that. :lolfall:

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Blacktop Traveler, please feel better!
Arthritis sucks!

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

IF YOUR NOSE RUNS AND YOUR FEET SMELL .... U'RE UPSIDE DOWN
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: That explains it all.... I'm an Aussie. :lolfall: My lungs are so full of crap I sound like Darth Vader. :soda:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Never had the flue and never get flu shots. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I'm on to something. Maybe the flu shots are just smart marketing. Who knows?
lovineveryminuteofit

OldCoot
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: SOLD Suzuki S50

Post by OldCoot »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Never had the flue and never get flu shots. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I'm on to something. Maybe the flu shots are just smart marketing. Who knows?
No doubt.

:clap:
SOLD: 2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I haven't had a flu shot in a very long time. I used to get them in the military all the time. I haven't had the flu except maybe once as an adult, probably 20 years or more ago...I can only remember getting the flu once as a child as well.

Also when I was a kid, my parents wouldn't take us to the Dr for anything unless it was something broke....like a bone. Never took any medicine except maybe childrens Tylenol for a fever....other than that, we pretty much let nature run it's course.

I also still have my tonsils.
-DBTO

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I know you need to teetotal...but a hot toddy will make you feel worlds better. Just one per night though....Some TheraFlu is not half bad either and it's not high test like the toddy.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

jonnycando wrote:I know you need to teetotal...but a hot toddy will make you feel worlds better. Just one per night though....Some TheraFlu is not half bad either and it's not high test like the toddy.
I think I will...thanks for the reminder!
-DBTO

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

MadCow wrote:I haven't had a flu shot in a very long time. I used to get them in the military all the time. I haven't had the flu except maybe once as an adult, probably 20 years or more ago...I can only remember getting the flu once as a child as well.

Also when I was a kid, my parents wouldn't take us to the Dr for anything unless it was something broke....like a bone. Never took any medicine except maybe childrens Tylenol for a fever....other than that, we pretty much let nature run it's course.

I also still have my tonsils.
My uncle was an old time doctor who would often say that he didn't cure or heal the patient, he only helped nature to take it's course.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

While living here in cold cold Upstate I have learned the importance here of a pneumonia shot, especially for an elder gent such as myself. Never heard of such a thing on The West Coast, but here pneumonia is considered a threat, even more so than the possibly deadly flu. People can get vaccines here at many drug stores.

Hope you are feeling better, John.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rk being a elder gent my self got the pneumonia all so plus flu. Just to lessen the risk is good enough for me.Most my dads side check out at 89_96 and even if not as good as 50s or even three years ago a ride is still so nice to be able to do! After your posts I may get another dog. I do miss them but after my lab died have not had one for five years.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Rk being a elder gent my self got the pneumonia all so plus flu. Just to lessen the risk is good enough for me.Most my dads side check out at 89_96 and even if not as good as 50s or even three years ago a ride is still so nice to be able to do! After your posts I may get another dog. I do miss them but after my lab died have not had one for five years.
OTR, i keep going back in my mind to something Tyrant said in one of his rare visits here... ‘Puppies are God’s answer for grief’. My Blue Moon is three. Black Jack is one. I am seventy-five and the possibility exists they will outlive me and so they both have God Parents and are covered if I pass or become incapacitated. In the meantime they have a good dad and they are a blessing to me! Do consider another pup.

Like you I continue to ride when possible. Also, after your post I am going to get preventative vaccines. Thanks, man.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Whatever strain of flu is going around in these parts is some awfully wicked stuff......several of my friends are down with it and it's kicking their asses real good....no explanation why it's worst than the last few times they were down with the flu...
Not enough financial research is being given to doctors to solve this nation wide affliction....

I took my annual flu shot two weeks ago......so far so good......I haven't contacted the flu or it's symptoms since I gave up tobacco in 1990 [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Lots of it around me. Some schools closed next two days because of it. Had to ride both ways in the rain to meet old coots today. That's good to what is coming in Friday! Four inches of snow and drop big time in temps.