Keep it civil
franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: Bike Wrenching

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:
franktiregod wrote:
I am off to deal with the tag department. I kept my Intruder when the insurance company totaled it and it has been a pain in the ass getting the salvage title/registration. But she will ride again!
That is exciting!!! From the ashes The Phœnix will rise! I would love to see that rebuild and receive updates! [emoji106]

Thanks to IA member greenhornet (Bob Rogers) who recently passed away I have extra windshield brackets so I all I need to do is buy the shield. The saddlebag was crushed and I beat it back out with a hammer. I will replace them later. I already replaced the light bar with a cheap one from Amazon.
The exhaust only had a small dent so its staying.

Most of the damage was cosmetic/add on stuff. The windshield, light bar, passenger floor extensions, etc. The left side gas tank was bent pretty badly and the rear fender was bent. I was able to hammer out the gas tank and the fender to an acceptable level. You can not paint it before the state inspection and if you use replacement parts you have to prove where they came from and the VIN of the bike they came off. But my plan is to take it as-is with the dented stuff and get my inspection pass. The other stuff has been removed so its not an issue.

After that, I may leave it as it is and ride it. Or I may buy the fender and tank cover and have the bike repainted...again. Riddler from IA painted my metal two years ago. The bike was originally green/black and I had it done with the blue.

I will post some pictures when I decide which way I am going with it. As I said, I may ride it with the dents or I may fix it back up to where it was when I wrecked it. But I am definitely gonna keep riding it because I just love this bike and I also plan to add another bike to the stable. I like having two.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:

:lmao: :cheers:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

When the insurance company totaled my 1400, after a guy in a van made a left turn from the outside lane into the inside lane, clipping the handlebars and knocking me down, I bought it back.

The CA state inspection checked the brakes, lights (including the side marker reflectors) and an in depth safety inspection, brakes, mirrors, clutch, throttle, everything on tight, etc. They even checked the thickness of the brake rotors, the thickness of the brake pads and the headlight aiming.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Bought a motorcycle to get away from people. Learned about working on them read books about riding them practiced riding never mastered them.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, no way dude, did you not read RK's post? All the bikes heading for Sturgis are Harley's. You must be mistaken.
You got out of town when I "CLAIMED" that wasn't possible? Imagine that :lol: .

Are you catching a clue YET?

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: :lmao: :cheers:
[emoji2] I don't know why I thought of you when I found that... :lolfall:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

wally w wrote:Bought a motorcycle to get away from people. Learned about working on them read books about riding them practiced riding never mastered them.
Reminds me of a cool old TV show called Then Came Bronson.

Going down that long lonesome highway
Gonna live life my way

Excellent, Wally.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Bronson was on a sportster. Even went off road on it :lmao: .All ways like the first when the guy in the wagon talks to him at a stop light."Man I wish I were you,' he tells him and M. Parks tells him,"well hang in there man". The bridge is a nice shot all so. Hope you are riding again and feel like you want soon Frank. We need a ride to go see Cuban! :putput:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Another classic motorcycle film I enjoy is ElectraGlide in Blue. Bummer ending as are so many biker films. Death. From Wild Ones to Easy Rider to Sons. Death. Well, that is eventually the ending for us all as riders are so aware. Ride on.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Electra Glide in Blue..Blake as a cop out west and at end he is shot and lands on his bottom and dies That way? Easy Rider the long pan chopper turns around and the red neck gives him the other barrel and goes up in flames as it goes off the road. I like the music and lift away seeing the muddy river. Like Karen Black in it a lot all so! :putput:

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

The opening shots of Wild Angels best biker movie ever

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

A few of them like Wild Angels had better bikes. Some had lots of small Japan bikes even new one's! [emoji2] They wanted that sound track from Hogs in them. :putput:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
franktiregod wrote: :lmao: :cheers:
[emoji2] I don't know why I thought of you when I found that... :lolfall:
LOL I know why