A new record!

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: A new record!

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:It's colder here than on Mars.
Thank You Bombogenesis.
Yep. I lived in Massachusetts for a spell back in the early 70’s. Friends there told me about these storms and called them NorEaster or “OH MY GOD SNOWSTORMS”! :lolfall: I’m told this storm is so big it could actually reach in from the Atlantic and effect us here in Upstate!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: My car is really old.... :donno:
:lolfall: :bs: (I'm really liking the BS thingy more and more...)

old time rider wrote: Bunch of rich spoiled kids you all are. You people just buy stuff too often! :evil:
:bs: :lolfall:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Cuban wrote:
I'm really liking the BS thingy more and more...

:bs:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Well got -3 coming home yesterday & -11 this morning but still not getting close to your number JFL.
It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow and Saturday.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Bunch of yupiee Vov-low and high in SUV owners. Heated seats,power windows, :lolfall: Where is that cool guy that jerked is water cooler off ?Frank liked him a lot? All my ......friends have ... :hahafinger:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

BS thingy? :lolfall:

“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Coldest we've seen at my house is 12 degrees but it's been getting down into the teens overnight for a week and pipes are bursting all over the place now. Water lines can survive a lot of cold for 24-48 hours, but after that look out. We've sold out of everything heat related at Lowe's (electric pipe wrap, pipe insulation, faucet covers, portable gas heaters, kerosene heaters). My natural gas furnace maintains a nice 45-50 degrees or so in the crawl space under my house when it's in the teens, so exploding water lines is a worry I never have. Thank God! [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Coldest we've seen at my house is 12 degrees but it's been getting down into the teens overnight for a week and pipes are bursting all over the place now. Water lines can survive a lot of cold for 24-48 hours, but after that look out. We've sold out of everything heat related at Lowe's (electric pipe wrap, pipe insulation, faucet covers, portable gas heaters, kerosene heaters). My natural gas furnace maintains a nice 45-50 degrees or so in the crawl space under my house when it's in the teens, so exploding water lines is a worry I never have. Thank God! [space] [emoji106]

That happened to me one year. In Iowa most houses have a full basement, but you have to remember to disconnect your out door hoses from the facet or it will hold water where you don't want it and burst the pipe when it freezes. Forgot to do that once... now I don't forget! [emoji2]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

JFL Live wrote:
This is the coldest it's ever been driving to work for me. Previous record -15...

You know you really have to hand it to Trump. He's only been in office less than a year and he's already fixed global warming! [emoji106]
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

:funnylast: instigator :lmao:

We had a 2 hour delayed start today. Too cold for bus I suppose. Did have a first though; 2 degrees going to work and the same coming home. The real feel is -13. Can't believe it didn't warm up even a little.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Enjoy it while you can! :naughty:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

JFL Live wrote:
JFL Live wrote:
This is the coldest it's ever been driving to work for me. Previous record -15...

You know you really have to hand it to Trump. He's only been in office less than a year and he's already fixed global warming! [emoji106]
Thing is, you seem to have a misunderstanding, sir. You see, the group think amongst enviro freaks goes like this... if the temp grows warmer, means global warming. If the temp grows cooler, means global warming. Two thirds of the country is frozen. Proof of global warming.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

RK, the environment freak's are simply saying that pollution in the air raises overall temp's (not a lot) which in turn causes more melting of ice/permafrost etc..which makes it into the oceans driving temperatures of the water down. This in turn affects geographic temps. It makes sense, but I think most people would agree that natural occurances are also largely at play.
It would be silly to suggest our activities don't come with consequences, but just as silly to ignore the historical natural occurances.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

I feel strongly both ways.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

New record at my house ... 9 degrees last night ... Coldest it's been so far this winter. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Zero at noon. Dogs hate it, hurts their feet. Jackie slipped on icy spot and hurt his shoulder. I’ll not put them through one more winter in this ice box. They are young, love to be out running and playing. Sposed to warm a taste next week. Well, that global warming supposedly makes some places colder and that seems to be everywhere I go. I’d give anything to have some of that warm type global warming. Thinkin hard about some place near the line in the Florida Panhandle.

Tide v Bulldogs. There was a time would have said Roll Tide Roll. Two good SEC teams, be a good game. One thing, cold wet ice on Monday in Hotlanta. Damned global warming.
Signifying nothing”

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

0 or 1 was what the two stations had at 8AM today. Got up to 14 and sun so rode motorcycle to winter cruise at small rod shop. Good turn out and had a good time.Good day for a old man.Only 17 miles but nice. Calls for above instead of the long below average next few days. :clap: :putput:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

JFL Live wrote: :bs:
old time rider wrote: Bunch of yupiee Vov-low and high in SUV owners. Heated seats,power windows, :lolfall: Where is that cool guy that jerked is water cooler off ?Frank liked him a lot? All my ......friends have ... :hahafinger:
RoadKing wrote: BS thingy? :lolfall:

JFL Live wrote: You know you really have to hand it to Trump. He's only been in office less than a year and he's already fixed global warming! [emoji106]
Tbeck wrote::funnylast: instigator :lmao:
Yup. :bs:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

JFL Live wrote:
JFL Live wrote:

And now it looks like he's fixed the Ozone layer! God Bless You Donald Trump! :bow: :bow: :bow:

The hole in Earth's ozone layer is healing
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

:shock:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website