omfg

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: omfg

Post by jeffcoslacker »

wally w wrote:-20 40mph wind walking guard duty on a mountain in Korea 1961 I have yet to warm up.
That's the thing...almost any temp is bearable if the air is calm. Right now it's dead calm and the sun is shining. I was out earlier to get something from my car, in shorts and a t-shirt. At 8 degrees. It didn't feel too bad. Add a 5-10 mph wind, unbearable.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Yes, I BELIEVE IN CLIMATE CHANGE! It occurs radically in some places twice a year, called winter and summer. Educated abject morons dedicated to Fat Albert really believe his inconvenient crap, worst thing is they demand the rest of us believe also. Really cold here and to say it’s because of global warming makes me believe that many people truly are brainwashed, scrubbed, sanitized and limply put out to dry.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:Yes, I BELIEVE IN CLIMATE CHANGE! It occurs radically in some places twice a year, called winter and summer. Educated abject morons dedicated to Fat Albert really believe his inconvenient crap, worst thing is they demand the rest of us believe also. Really cold here and to say it’s because of global warming makes me believe that many people truly are brainwashed, scrubbed, sanitized and limply put out to dry.
I think that they were not put out to dry and mildew started in their brain housing groups.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

RoadKing wrote:
Tbeck wrote: Always makes me laugh when someone thinks GWing are gonna make it hotter.
:bonk: :lolfall: Here we go again! Ya know what makes me laugh? The illogic that says when temps raise it is proof of global warming and when temps lower it is also proof of global warming! What a crock of unadulterated bull shit! Dammit, that kind of crap is product and agenda of public education and Commie universities.

Laugh all you like your ignorance of the situation is that global warming makes changes to weather either way ---hot and cold.

Not me --not god --global warming.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

The biggest mistake of our time is the politicization of science imho. Industrialization and pollution have radically altered the face of the Earth. That doesn't negate our need for technology or the advancements it's brought. Everyone on the planet can't want a big gas guzzling SUV. But that doesn't mean the few who do should be ridiculed for it. Wise use is important. Don't make waste a trend, then it minimizes the impact of it.

It's pushing -10F here. Not the coldest I've seen. It was -40 with 60-70 mph winds in Canada one February when Command decided we should do our 2 week long Annual Training in the cold one year. Once you spend 4 or 5 days out in that in tents, after we all got back to the barracks we were walking to the E-club in just our cammies no jackets. :cheers:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Idiots of Obama’s ilk say that global warming is the greatest threat to the planet and mankind and it is the fault of mankind. Horse shit. The only, ONLY, man made energy that is a threat to the planet and mankind is nuclear war.

The sole cause of climate change and fluctuations is solar activity. Thinking that we humans can effect the planet by our use of petroleum and coal is giving ourselves way too much importance, it is what I have heard called “The vanity of humanity”.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:Idiots of Obama’s ilk say that global warming is the greatest threat to the planet and mankind and it is the fault of mankind. Horse shit. The only, ONLY, man made energy that is a threat to the planet and mankind is nuclear war.

The sole cause of climate change and fluctuations is solar activity. Thinking that we humans can effect the planet by our use of petroleum and coal is giving ourselves way too much importance, it is what I have heard called “The vanity of humanity”.
They certainly are alarmists, waving papers around that they don't understand claiming only they can fix the problem. Then once elected they don't do a thing, because they don't really have the first clue what they were talking about to begin with.

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

[emoji2] If you can find a way to watch the 3 part documentary called Orbit: Earth's Extraordinary Journey, I'd highly recommend it. [emoji41]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xztbr/episodes/guide

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Its been said that a piston engine is a heat device with a waste product of reciprocating energy. There are billions of cars ships and aircraft pumping out trillions of BTU per second. I find it difficult to believe that it can not be making a difference,----especially when a difference is detected.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Fred wrote:Its been said that a piston engine is a heat device with a waste product of reciprocating energy. There are billions of cars ships and aircraft pumping out trillions of BTU per second. I find it difficult to believe that it can not be making a difference,----especially when a difference is detected.
Hogwash. If there is a difference to be detected it will be detected by trees initially because they love CO2, and then by ourselves when the trees release wonderful oxygen!
Signifying nothing”

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

RoadKing wrote:
Fred wrote:Its been said that a piston engine is a heat device with a waste product of reciprocating energy. There are billions of cars ships and aircraft pumping out trillions of BTU per second. I find it difficult to believe that it can not be making a difference,----especially when a difference is detected.
Hogwash. If there is a difference to be detected it will be detected by trees initially because they love CO2, and then by ourselves when the trees release wonderful oxygen!
So the trees will save us! Well at least you did not say--if it gets serious god will save us. The trees are getting less despite tax incentives to those who plant --its not keeping up. Indonesia has been cut and burning for years along with S America,--every year, Its atmosphere is your atmosphere. Some places dont have trees your oxygen is there oxygen. Think bigger.

You have had some bad storms in USA this year. You need to think about that because so has the rest of the world.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Fred wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
So the trees will save us! Well at least you did not say--if it gets serious god will save us. The trees are getting less despite tax incentives to those who plant --its not keeping up. Indonesia has been cut and burning for years along with S America,--every year, Its atmosphere is your atmosphere. Some places dont have trees your oxygen is there oxygen. Think bigger.

You have had some bad storms in USA this year. You need to think about that because so has the rest of the world.
Think? Thinking requires valid logic or faith, you possess neither. The continent I live on has had bad storms always and this year’s storms are certainly not because you dumb asses cut down all your trees and burn. The truth is that my land has more trees now than before the European settlers arrived and that is due to land management which includes fighting forest fires and planting trees after taking timber. Another thing for you to “think”... the trees that are burned by S America provide CO2 nourishment to the atmosphere so that trees elsewhere may flourish. The Earth is more than capable of adjustment and that is because when God created her He created a very special lady.
Signifying nothing”

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

One tree in a tropical rain forest can have tens of thousands of unique undiscovered species living on it. Millions of them go extinct each year from human interference. Never has the planet ever seen an animal that can manipulate the elements the way mankind has.

It isn't the direct heat of combustion that is the biggest threat it's the carbon monoxide emissions that cause big trouble. Modern computerized fuel injection does a miraculous job of controlling that while still providing maximum power and fuel economy depending on how you drive. Some cars will even modify their programming based on the way someone drives it. One of my professors was saying they got in their Aunt's car and thought there was something wrong with the transmission. But it had just adjusted itself to her light footed careful driving style. He said after a while it caught on that someone else was behind the wheel and started shifting more aggressively.

But again, they blow it all out of proportion for votes. The handful of older polluting vehicles on the road decreases every year, the factories, on the other hand...

The world does have an amazing capacity to normalize living conditions naturally. But you can get large pockets of trapped air, in areas like Los Angeles for example where there are millions of vehicles blocked off in a valley with little winds, contrast that with the Great Plains where there are hundreds of miles of grasslands with nothing to stop the air from flowing and little traffic. The world is a big place, the right pushes for more of the wide open spaces, conservation of nature. The left wants the whole world to be one city, full of regulations and under their thumb. I choose freedom [emoji14]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:One tree in a tropical rain forest can have tens of thousands of unique undiscovered species living on it.

Whoa! Tens of thousands of species in one tree, most of them undiscovered? That must be one humongous tree! You overstated, right?
Millions of them go extinct each year from human interference.
Yeah, so the rhetoric goes. That means just since I’ve been alive hundreds of millions of species have gone extinct. I ain’t buying that myth. Again, way overstated, right?
Never has the planet ever seen an animal that can manipulate the elements the way mankind has.
And I posit that mankind has manipulated the Earth’s elements more-so for the good than the negative.
Signifying nothing”

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

RoadKing wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote:One tree in a tropical rain forest can have tens of thousands of unique undiscovered species living on it.

Whoa! Tens of thousands of species in one tree, most of them undiscovered? That must be one humongous tree! You overstated, right?
Millions of them go extinct each year from human interference.
Yeah, so the rhetoric goes. That means just since I’ve been alive hundreds of millions of species have gone extinct. I ain’t buying that myth. Again, way overstated, right?
Never has the planet ever seen an animal that can manipulate the elements the way mankind has.
And I posit that mankind has manipulated the Earth’s elements more-so for the good than the negative.
Yes, overstating both of those. It's been 22 years since I took Ecology and Natural Resources lol :lolfall: :OhNo; Man is the only true Apex predator on the planet. Every other species has a natural enemy. Man has no rival. So the responsibility for the entire world falls squarely on our shoulders. I'm not advocating voting Democrats in to "fix" the problem by any means. Just do your part, don't be wasteful, recycle when you can. I know it seems like :bs: but it can make a difference over time.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
Yes, overstating both of those. It's been 22 years since I took Ecology and Natural Resources lol :lolfall: :OhNo; Man is the only true Apex predator on the planet. Every other species has a natural enemy. Man has no rival. So the responsibility for the entire world falls squarely on our shoulders. I'm not advocating voting Democrats in to "fix" the problem by any means. Just do your part, don't be wasteful, recycle when you can. I know it seems like :bs: but it can make a difference over time.
Don’t seem like BS to me. I agree. It can make a difference. As a Boy Scout over 6o years ago I learned conservation and have practiced it all my life. I believe that as stewards of the Earth we Americans do very well.
Signifying nothing”

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

RoadKing wrote: Don’t seem like BS to me. I agree. It can make a difference. As a Boy Scout over 6o years ago I learned conservation and have practiced it all my life. I believe that as stewards of the Earth we Americans do very well.
Agree, sir.
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Trouble is the government is the worst steward of the land that there is.

When I worked in the woods the forest service made us log along a steep hillside down to a creek. The timber there was rotten, we tore down all the small stuff, left the hillside bare, and the creek in the sun. During the hot summer, the sun warms the creek and kills the fish, the winter rains and snowmelt erodes the hillside choking the creek with mud and trash. We argued against logging the area, telling the ranger EXACTLY what would happen. Took 5 years for the creek to come back to any semblance of what it had been.

NEVER trust the government to do the right thing, they go strictly by the one size fits nobody rules.

Oh, almost forgot to add that the ranger grew up in Kansas and went to a forestry school in Iowa. Like that taught him more than those of us that had generations in the northwest mountains.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Well they are walking it back bit by bit...up to 14/0 now. Still bad but beats single digits high and double digit negative low. :donno:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Cuban wrote:[emoji2] If you can find a way to watch the 3 part documentary called Orbit: Earth's Extraordinary Journey, I'd highly recommend it. [emoji41]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xztbr/episodes/guide
Any idea where I can go to watch these? Looks very interesting!
-DBTO