jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

omfg

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Mon
Jan 1
HIGH 2°F / LOW -14°F

Last time I remember a day like that was over 20 years ago when I was in Chicago. Bullocks. :blink:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: omfg

Post by navigator »

Must be the result of global warming. :OhNo;

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

A little warmer here but I am not optimistic....my little holler is usually ten degrees below the forecast.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Oh, maybe because the earth titled on it axis? :shock:

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

It's just winter, folks. Get used to it! ......or move south. :lol:

Somewhere south of Georgia.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

lonerider wrote:It's just winter, folks. Get used to it! ......or move south. :lol:

Somewhere south of Georgia.
Well right now it's 20 degrees out, and it's currently 46 degrees on the floor at my feet.

So I'm just a little anxious about this. :uhh:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

We were forecast a cold wet winter....it's a little too cold for wet but if it snows I guess that would count. Where we are and at our altitude bitter cold is not unheard of, but it rarely hangs around....instead it comes in waves and when it moderates, it goes back up to balmy 30's or 40's even. AS the season wanes you see the cold spells not quite as cold but it's not quite warming up either. All in all, we get all four seasons....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Actually those GW & axis assertions while made jokingly, probably aren't far off.
Always makes me laugh when someone thinks GWing are gonna make it hotter.
Looks as though there are some record winter event's taking place as we head into the New Year time frame.. regardless of the cause

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

65 here today.......we need some moisture. :sad:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Whoops I lied. 42. Need more dogs

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

:evil: :evil: :evil:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Yah after all the shoveling today I'm done with winter already

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

DevilsFan wrote:Image

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah but it's still funny to watch you guys with yer winter coats on because it's 52 some morning...that's not even long sleeve shirt temps. [emoji2]

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Be careful, -14F can be dangerous.

Suppose to get down to 4F Thursday morning...gonna be a chilly drive to Nitro, WV.
-DBTO

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

MadCow wrote:Be careful, -14F can be dangerous.

Suppose to get down to 4F Thursday morning...gonna be a chilly drive to Nitro, WV.
That trip to Chicago, when I stopped for gas halfway there, the car wouldn't start. I popped the battery caps and looked...and there was ice in there. :confused: I don't remember ever seeing that before, not in a battery that was charging anyway. About an hour later the car started like nothing was wrong. I grabbed some cardboard out of the trashcan and made a "blanket" for it to protect it from the wind coming in.

Didn't have that problem again, but later after dark as we pulled towards the toll booths in Chicago all of a sudden this loud, droning sound coming from the firewall area started. It was kind of alarming, didn't sound like anything I'd ever heard a car do before.

I figured I'd stop on the other side of the toll plaza and see what it was. But just as I came to the booth, at about 10 mph it stopped. :confused:

I paid, and accelerated away...and at about 35 mph, the sound started again...but this time I glanced at the gauges just as it started...in time to see the speedo needle hit zero, bounce all the way over to 90, then settle at the correct speed.

Huh. Grease in the drive cable froze up, apparently. Noisy suckers with no lube [emoji2] I shot some lithium down it once I got where I was going. No more problems.

Aside from that, at -22F in Chicago that night, just with the 3 of us in the car the windows were slowly going opaque with ice on the INSIDE, the heat just couldn't keep up. Old car, lotta windows...'76 Caprice Estate wagon. It had good heat too, just overwhelmed.

Cold and cars. The ancient struggle...

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Pretty nippy here In Thailand today, 24 degrees and it rained last night from the storm just passing Vietnam. Its dry too apart from last nights rain with the North Easterlies coming from China it makes for good nose picking weather.

I find this temp a bit nippy but ille bet the tourists are sweating like pigs down on the beach.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WARNING : DO NOT BE AN EXHIBITIONIST IN THIS WEATHER ...

LITTLE WILLIE DOES NOT RESPOND TO COLD WELL
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote: Always makes me laugh when someone thinks GWing are gonna make it hotter.
:bonk: :lolfall: Here we go again! Ya know what makes me laugh? The illogic that says when temps raise it is proof of global warming and when temps lower it is also proof of global warming! What a crock of unadulterated bull shit! Dammit, that kind of crap is product and agenda of public education and Commie universities.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

RoadKing wrote:
Tbeck wrote: Always makes me laugh when someone thinks GWing are gonna make it hotter.
:bonk: :lolfall: Here we go again! Ya know what makes me laugh? The illogic that says when temps raise it is proof of global warming and when temps lower it is also proof of global warming! What a crock of unadulterated bull shit! Dammit, that kind of crap is product and agenda of public education and Commie universities.
As a geology major, you learn that the earth periodically goes through changes. Many don’t know that during the middle ages we were actually in a mini ice age, hence all the heavy clothing you see people wearing in paintings from that time. Sure it was fashion, but it was fashion designed to keep you warm. There is climate change, but the earth’s climate has been swinging back and forth for millions of years. Sometimes the swings are more radical. It is all normal.
Remember back in the 70’s how the media and some scientists were screaming that we were heading toward another ice age because of our pollution? Then the government cracked down on industry. Then they were proven wrong, so they started saying that the earth was warming. Then the government started regulating fossil fuels. Again, they were proven wrong. Now they have learned and just say climate change. Of course they are right. How could anyone argue with that term? Anytime we have a record temperature, you can say climate change and people who can’t remember 20 or 30 years ago start nodding their heads.
All of this is a bullshit attempt at nationalizing our energy industry. If you can control the energy industry, you can control the people.
Arthritis sucks!

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

-20 40mph wind walking guard duty on a mountain in Korea 1961 I have yet to warm up.