BlueMoonDoggie

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

BlueMoonDoggie

Post by RoadKing »

My sweet little girl. Three year old American Pitbull Terrior. At night of sleep we are always together. Either I am her pillow or she is mine. The purest earthly love I have ever known.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: BlueMoonDoggie

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Are U posting Pics??? I'm not seeing them if you are
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Are U posting Pics??? I'm not seeing them if you are
Thank you for asking, Johnny, but no I’m not posting pics even tho I’d love to. Been using my mobile devices for quite some time and until I get another computer I’m restricted to functionality. In the meantime I awake midnight and want to share thoughts of my dogs, but I’m actually delusional for the most part. People respond big time to Fred Filth and Springfield psychotic goings on. But, thanks to you and the folks who have responded to my canine love. It makes me feel kinda good.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I shared the small bunk in my sleeper with my 80 lb Dalmatian mix for a couple of years. It wasn't always too comfortable, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. [emoji106] She was such a great dog.

She loved that truck too. Years after I could tell she remembered it...when I'd take her over and let her run at the football field on weekends sometimes guys that were on home time would park trucks on that lot...she'd jump outta the car and run over to a truck, put her front feet on the step and look back at me like "Let's go truckin' boss!"

She always seemed disappointed when I'd call her away from it. :donno:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I shared the small bunk in my sleeper with my 80 lb Dalmatian mix for a couple of years. It wasn't always too comfortable, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. [emoji106] She was such a great dog.

She loved that truck too. Years after I could tell she remembered it...when I'd take her over and let her run at the football field on weekends sometimes guys that were on home time would park trucks on that lot...she'd jump outta the car and run over to a truck, put her front feet on the step and look back at me like "Let's go truckin' boss!"

She always seemed disappointed when I'd call her away from it. :donno:
Dogs are beautiful people. They just want to be where we are, do what we do, love what we love.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

There will never be another Star the Dog.

But I got this useless lump for the time being [emoji2]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Looks like a beautiful lump of coal!

The soul in the eyes of Star, no human possesses that. Beautiful.
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:Looks like a beautiful lump of coal!

The soul in the eyes of Star, no human possesses that. Beautiful.
She was one of those dogs that seems to just know what you're talking about. And often she'd come to me and look in my face like that, and start making subtle movements with her mouth and subvocalizing softly, like she was about to say something. My ex used to say "One day that dog is just gonna open her mouth and start talking to you, and I'm not even going to be surprised..." [emoji2]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Whenever I start thinking about Star, all these memories flood back.

I got her a couple of days after Christmas from the Humane Society pound. I walked through the noisy room and looked at all the dogs in their little pens, trying to see a connection. If it were up to me, I'd take them all. But I had to make a choice.

I saw lots of dogs that appealed to me because of breed or size or temperament. All of them were either barking loudly and defensively, or coming unglued with excitement, ready to leave with anyone. Then when I got to Star's pen, she was laying down, calm, picked her head up, looked at me as if to say "Oh...there you are. I knew you'd come."

And she stood up slowly, stretched the way she always did without fail, like doing isometrics, rocking fore and aft, stretching her leg muscles...and when she got done she came to the gate and waited, calmly wagging her tail slowly and looking at me. It was like she knew this was going to happen, and was ready to go now. And I knew I'd found my dog.

It was hard to leave her there for another day...they had to make sure she had been spayed (shave and check for scar), do some tests and give her the shots. After walking around the courtyard with her and playing a bit, I had to walk her back inside and hand her over to gal again, and leave until the next day. She kept looking back at me and whining and crying, obviously heartbroken, thinking she was being left behind there again. It broke my heart to see it.

But when they walked her through the door the next day and she saw me again, she immediately ran to my side and and just sat there, glued to me, as if to say "You are not leaving me again." The girls there told me they were so glad I was taking her, they thought she was the sweetest dog they ever had, but she was days from being euthanized, nobody wanted her due to her large size. I signed the papers, paid whatever pitiful amount it was, $25 I think, and out the door we went.

She was wonderful on the ride home. She radiated relief and happiness. When we got home, my wife and kids came out to the backyard to meet her. She was so gentle and loving to them all. Then she took off to inspect the yard. I was a little worried, because she could easily clear that short chain link fence we had...and when she broke into a dead run from the back corner, I thought she was gearing up to launch over it.

But she just wanted to run, stretch those long legs and burn off some pent-up energy. She ran around like she was possessed for maybe ten minutes, then came back to where I sat, breathless, panting, and with obvious joy in her eyes. I turned on the hose for her and she drank heartily.

The ONLY thing she ever did to upset anyone was sleeping on the couch. And I didn't care. But my wife did. The exhanges, however, were hilarious. Star's sacked out on the couch. Wife walks in and says something like "HEY! Get off the couch!"

Star sleepily lifts her head, and stares at her. "I said get off!"....Star looks at her, deadpan, as if to say "You really don't understand...I sleep here."

"Tell your dog to get off the couch! I don't want her up there..."

"Come on Star.." and she obediently hops up and lays down wherever I happened to be.

Hour later, she's on the couch again :lmao:

Star won that argument, just by being stubborn. She finally wore my wife down on that issue.

That couch had a single 6 ft cushion and when the frame finally broke we kept the cushion, and it was then Star's bed, which we trundled out every night, and she'd sack out on it while we watched TV or whatever.

But within 10 minutes of going to bed, Star would be standing at the foot of the bed, looking at us, and making a single quiet mumbling request every 30 seconds or so.

"muuuuhwoofoof?"

"OK, come on." The bed shook like an earthquake as she launches up and then flops down between us. Big heavy sigh, and she's sleeping.

She was like having another kid that was afraid of the dark.

So many good times with that dog...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We've got two rescue cats and one registered Yellow Lab ...they all sleep indoors....wouldn't have it any other way....

This is Millie Moo...a female calico who was hanging around next door and as soon as she found out we had cat food it was a done deal for her
If you look closely you will see her under our Christmas tree....her favorite place to hang out for the night..
Here she's hiding out laying in wait for that mocking bird to make a bad move [emoji2]

This one here is no other than Lucky Leroy Boudreaux.....he started hanging out on our back patio trying to catch that dang mocking bird too....
same scenario...Hey food!!! Lucky was the first cat we adopted ....and he reminds us every afternoon at exactly 3 pm of that very fact...when it's time to eat [emoji106]

Lucy.... aka...Lou......Lou Lou and Big Girl
She's 9 years old and still acts like a 9 month old puppy....endless energy and loves to hang out in our fenced in back yard....
But don't let those sweet eyes fool you... she's and excellent guard dog and let's us know if anyone cones into our yard.....the postman thinks it's a lion
:lmao:

The life of Riley

They all get along rather well...although Millie gets riled up when Lucy gets too close to her food bowl

And as soon as get back from a ride these two let me know they want to go next time... [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Beautiful, Johnny. I agree, they should sleep in the house at night. Their lives are so short and they cherish every moment they can be near to us.
Signifying nothing”

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

This is the real Bo-Dog.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

BoDog wrote:This is the real Bo-Dog.

Two legged kids and four legged kids together. As a young dad for me that was heaven.
Signifying nothing”

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Yep, me, my grandson and my friends. A good day.

Here he is eight years ago.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Those eyes. The eyes of a dog confirm my belief in God.
Signifying nothing”