My Bike: VS800

Cool Pics

Post by navigator »

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Cool Pics

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Yeah good stuff, the winner, that volcano with the ash lightning, is a time-lapsed composite, not a momentary shot of an instant. Very striking and beautiful, but I wonder what their threshold is for the difference between simple photography and multi-image compositing with enhancement?

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

The folk's working for NG capture some amazing footage. I saw a documentary where a couple guy's spent two month's in terrible conditions for a single shot.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote: Very striking and beautiful, but I wonder what their threshold is for the difference between simple photography and multi-image compositing with enhancement?
Yeah. I was wondering the same thing. Same exact thing. Yep. [emoji2]. JK. It don’t matter to me. Art is often multi-layered and dimensional. Pleasing the eye and ear, filling us with wonder and awe and emotion, is what matters to me.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

WOW THANKS FoR SHARING NAVIGATOR...oops not yelling ...but the pictures do deserve a big [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: Very striking and beautiful, but I wonder what their threshold is for the difference between simple photography and multi-image compositing with enhancement?
Yeah. I was wondering the same thing. Same exact thing. Yep. [emoji2]. JK. It don’t matter to me. Art is often multi-layered and dimensional. Pleasing the eye and ear, filling us with wonder and awe and emotion, is what matters to me.
I agree, to an extent. It's kinda like when they create complex and pleasing music by just compiling samples into slots in a pro audio tools format. Yeah it sounds great. But they can't play that. It's a different type of talent.

I stood for over 40 minutes, in mortal peril, with my arms resting on a chain link fence in the most incredible electrical storm I'd ever seen in my life, keeping my camera steady and trying and failing over and over and over to train my reflexes to trigger the camera at precisely the right moment to capture these beautiful, crawling networks of chain lightning moving across the entire sky, along the cloud bottoms. Finally, I got some real good ones.

THAT, being so focused on capturing it that I literally discarded the very real possibility of getting killed by what I was trying to get an image of, is what made those pics so special to me. [emoji106]

Or I coulda put a DSLR that shoots images like a minigun on a tripod and triggered it remotely during the event, and probably would have gotten better images.

But somehow, less satisfying. :donno: Definitely safer though :wink: