The Earth has tilted on it's axis

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

The Earth has tilted on it's axis

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

At least that is what the experts are saying and it is all because of climate change. Yeah right. :bonk: Just one article I found on the subject.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... ater-loss/
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: The Earth has tilted on it's axis

Post by Tbeck »

Interesting read, thanks.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

It probably has, very slightly. We've also slightly changed the length of a day, by sequestering water away from the equator to farther north by damming rivers and creating lakes and reservoirs. But it amounts to not very damn much, almost undetectable. Actually changing the tilt would be a bigger deal in the long run.

I still think we should blow up the Moon. It would make the seasons and tides really crazy and I'd rather see a ring system, honestly. [emoji2]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:It probably has, very slightly. We've also slightly changed the length of a day, by sequestering water away from the equator to farther north by damming rivers and creating lakes and reservoirs. But it amounts to not very damn much, almost undetectable. Actually changing the tilt would be a bigger deal in the long run.

I still think we should blow up the Moon. It would make the seasons and tides really crazy and I'd rather see a ring system, honestly. [emoji2]
I am wondering how someone as smart as you could make such a stupid statement. If we blew up the moon where would we get another source of Swiss cheese?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

RoadKing wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:It probably has, very slightly. We've also slightly changed the length of a day, by sequestering water away from the equator to farther north by damming rivers and creating lakes and reservoirs. But it amounts to not very damn much, almost undetectable. Actually changing the tilt would be a bigger deal in the long run.

I am wondering how someone as smart as you could make such a stupid statement. If we blew up the moon where would we get another source of Swiss cheese?

:lmao: [emoji106]

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:

I thought the moon was made of green cheese.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Well, that idea is full of holes. :lolfall:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Herb wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

I'lle bet you do.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Speaking of a tilted axis...........

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

BoDog wrote:Speaking of a tilted axis...........

Thea was the planet that smashed into Earth 1 billion years ago today, before that Earth had no tilt and was molten.

Thea came in from the East and fucking boooom,--- it smashed the fuck out of earth giving it the tilt it has today. The 2 planets spun around and melted into one another by gravitational forces and became just the one.

It was very hot then and most people looked like this :hellfire:

There you go --dont say I don't teach you septics anything.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Swiss cheese....green cheese.....swiss will turn green if you leave it out long enough.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

RoadKing wrote: I am wondering how someone as smart as you could make such a stupid statement. If we blew up the moon where would we get another source of Swiss cheese?
You sound an awful lot like a black politician. [emoji2] [space] :lolfall: [space] :XmasTree:

RK, that would explain why we went to the moon. :lmao:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Double post. :bang:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Fred wrote:

Thea was the planet that smashed into Earth 1 billion years ago today, before that Earth had no tilt and was molten.

Thea came in from the East and fucking boooom,--- it smashed the fuck out of earth giving it the tilt it has today. The 2 planets spun around and melted into one another by gravitational forces and became just the one.

East of what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis

Closer to 4.5 billion years ago, they're spelling it "Theia" and it's a hypothesis, which, as I'm certain you are well aware means it lacks the proofs required to make it a proper Theory composed of Laws.

Smart guy. Hope you learned something from this here "septic" :hahafinger:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: Now that is funny. :lolfall:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Prodigal_Sun wrote:
Fred wrote:

East of what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis

Closer to 4.5 billion years ago, they're spelling it "Theia" and it's a hypothesis, which, as I'm certain you are well aware means it lacks the proofs required to make it a proper Theory composed of Laws.

Smart guy. Hope you learned something from this here "septic" :hahafinger:
Brilliant :rock: A septic that at least knows something. I had to stretch the truth to get a reaction. sorry for the lack of perfection I wrote it of memory. At least god was'nt part of it. [emoji106]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Fred wrote:

that's the prevailing theory as of now, yes. We have TV here too, ya know... :lmao:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Fred wrote:

that's the prevailing theory as of now, yes. We have TV here too, ya know... :lmao:
I got American Tv too,--- Porter ridge is my favourite and mud luvin rednecks, thats a good one -- but American dad is good too. Courage the cowadly dog and oggy and the cockroaches,-- brilliant TV

Ive not seen any thing educational apart from Porter ridge.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Fred wrote:.... I had to stretch the truth to get a reaction. sorry for the lack of perfection I wrote it of memory. [emoji106]
As usual, So misinformed.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Fred wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
Fred wrote:

I got American Tv too,--- Porter ridge is my favourite and mud luvin rednecks, thats a good one -- but American dad is good too. Courage the cowadly dog and oggy and the cockroaches,-- brilliant TV

Ive not seen any thing educational apart from Porter ridge.
I don't watch TV. Except a PBS show called NOVA that is always interesting, focuses on some specific scientific idea, or historical mystery/event, current scientific breakthrough, etc. Pretty good stuff. You can watch NOVA online, if you like that kind of stuff. I recommend the one about the creation of a Samurai sword very highly. One of the best episodes.

I can say with utmost certainty I have never watched any form of reality TV, intentionally, I find it all to be shit of the worst kind. If I saw any, it was only by being present where others were watching. I do enjoy cartoons though [emoji106] My dad would always get up early and sit with me and watch cartoons on Saturday morning, and I always sat with mine and watched even though they had cable channels with non-stop cartoons. Yeah Courage, Adventure Time, American Dad, Spongebob even. Anyone who says Spongebob isn't funny needs to see the one where they are cavemen and discover fire. Funniest thing ever.

I have no clue what Porter Ridge is.