The Earth has tilted on it's axis

Keep it civil
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: The Earth has tilted on it's axis

Post by old time rider »

Yes I like cartoons more now than when small. Another crazy thing I started watching is the Alf reruns! Dumb as can be but had never seen it over two times when not working night shift that night and my kid wanted me to watch it with her. Met a 90 year old man that I know lots better now as we talk often at the same place we eat sometimes.Then started seeing him out and we all ways chat a bit. His wit is so good and fun to talk to. Alf if you watch it has so many good one liners. Guess that's why I like it? [emoji106] :putput: :XmasTree:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Back to the original subject.

Since the earth has been going through these changes since time began, I would be more inclined to think that any tilt in the earth's axis is the cause of CC rather than CC causing the earth to tilt.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Herb wrote:Back to the original subject.

Since the earth has been going through these changes since time began, I would be more inclined to think that any tilt in the earth's axis is the cause of CC rather than CC causing the earth to tilt.
A view worth investigating and consistent with my own view that CC is a phase in the normal cycle of events. The climb out of the maunder minimum probably has gone on longer than science ever considered. Somewhere is the peak, maybe we are at it, but at said peak things will slowly imperceptibly swing back down.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Herb wrote: I would be more inclined to think that any tilt in the earth's axis
I see what ya did there [emoji2]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
Herb wrote: I would be more inclined to think that any tilt in the earth's axis
I see what ya did there [emoji2]
I don’t know, Jeff. Incline going north, decline riding south? Well, between a duck guess it’s no difference.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
It isn't not knowing the difference, it is just a way to forget reality for a little while.

Personally, I prefer a Louis L'Amour novel, the good guy wins.
Ah, profound theatre of the mind! Zane Grey another one. His ‘Riders of The Purple Sage’ has a two page beginning that will leave you shell shocked, you can smell the gunpowder in the air, and a character named Lassiter becomes indelibly ingrained. And L’Amour? Who can ever forget generations of Sacketts once you’ve read the books? [emoji106] [emoji106]
Oh, and another Zane Grey... Wanderer of The Wasteland! Pure genius! The imagery in there is such that I came to believe Zane Grey must have actually lived in Death Valley and ate peyote while writing that magnum opus! [emoji106] And a surprise ending for the ages that will blow your cap! A very long read, perhaps nine hundred pages, but invaluable.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I recall an earthquake about 10 year's back that caused enough shift in the axis to throw time off by something like .004 seconds. The science went into a bunch of possible outcomes and explanation. I find this stuff rather interesting.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:I recall an earthquake about 10 year's back that caused enough shift in the axis to throw time off by something like .004 seconds. The science went into a bunch of possible outcomes and explanation. I find this stuff rather interesting.
Probably the Sumatra Megathrust event

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Jeffco, if I recall the earthquake was in Columbia, Peru, one of those places South of here

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Tbeck wrote:Jeffco, if I recall the earthquake was in Columbia, Peru, one of those places South of here
Could be. I know the Sunda event displaced enough shallow crust and water all at once that it did have a measurable effect on the Earth's rotation, and caused an oscillation that may be still happening, I'm not sure.

I've read a few places that the Moon is still measurably "ringing" from whatever hit it to cause the 1600 mile wide impact crater it has....

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Research the great year or Platonic year to get a better insight on climate change.
As for the moon ringing research "ring stone", "Bell Stone" and "ringing rocks", it is not a rare phenomenon.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Tinitus.

Should have worn rear muffs