Cars

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Cars

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Can't find the one I was thinking of, but this may be it as well...looks like the area where he lives...

Ted lives in a neighborhood that surrounds a private golf course, which is kinda sunken in and bordered all around by ornamental trees and other things...this would be a typical view from anywhere on that street in there.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The friend that bought my 57 soft top was really in to cars. He left his IBM job and went back to his home town of London,Ky. and opened a car lot.Old cars were his fun thing to redo. His lot is still in the town but his kinfolf run it now as he is in mid 80s.After giving me a 55 sedan and $250 for it he put five coats of black lacquer on it and a new top hail tore up. It looked like the nice one in your pic with out the Fi badge on it.I never liked the paint on it that much when I owned it.Good body and stock but rare wine looking all most light pink cast to it.Forgot what chevy called it back then.
I all so had a 57 black hard top when I sold him that car.Traded it for a harley and then got another 57 hardtop [emoji2] .This was around the time they hit bottom but they all ways sold fast. Got one more 2DS my last 57. It had a 66 327 60 over,62 BW four speed,white roll and pleat and that blue way back then that was nice but over used on so many hot rods. A corvette color but can not recall the right name on it :bonk: .Real bright middle blue. Four 57 chevys most of any one car for me but had four GS 750 Suzuki fours. Best motorcycle ever made IMO for taking drag strip abuse run after run. [emoji106] If it has wheels some old guy will have raced it or made it to his liking! :putput:
PS Three of my 57 were true Bel Airs with the gold trim on front fender lovers and gold v on hood and boot. My last one was really a 210 with Bel Air side inserts put in the 210 strips behind the front door. Lots were done this way. Fast way to spot one is they usually did not put the top piece of chrome on top the rear fender. Really I like the short piece on a 210 better but do like the insert with lines and Bel Air badge in the side. On 55 I really like the side spear on a Bel Air with the concave in it for paint,usually white. 210 is just rounded and like the no crome on front fender better on the 210 55. 55 had the v-8 under each tail light.56 is when the v went on hood and boot. :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Jeff bet me and you could talk old cars all day? Carl David from FL is the real go to guy on them. He has not posted in awhile? 57 chevy trucks came out with the hood runners like the 57 car but filled in on ends.You saw some full custom 57 cars do that to the car hood. 58 the Impala came out as top of chevy line putting Bel Air to second.Only way all this only thing that stays with me will be worth anything is if I ever am on a game show that has this kind of questions. :bonk: :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Image This is same colors of my 55 Ber Air two door hard top.See the nice rear side chrome with the concave with white paint? Looks just like mine color and all but for wheels.1964 when 17 traded my 56 Ford soft top even for it. 265 with floor shift three speed added.Took front bumper off and three inch lowering blocks on rear springs. Had 14 inch rims all around and lake pipes on mine. 14 rims came out in 57 but same five hole pattern as the 15 had. Think the 15 replaced the 16 in 1949. 16 had a six lug wheel if recall right? :putput: