Are we at war?

Keep it civil
wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Re: Are we at war?

Post by wally w »

Herb wrote:
Damumz wrote:Yeah well obviously none of you had to clean the fan blades on those TF-34's with a toilet bowl brush after they fired the gun and the thing wouldn't make fan speed any more!! Wonderful design where the soot goes right into the engine inlets!! :bang:
When we were in the gulf in 90/91 our Harriers were having problems with the sand turning to glass in the hot section and coating the blades. We had been doing the engine wash to keep regular dirt from causing problems but the glass screwed up the air flow and the accels were way too slow. McDonald Douglas sent us barrels of Walnut shells to throw in the intake to break it up. Worked well.
I worked on tools used to make a lot of the parts for the Harrier. The fixture for the wing was challenging at the time the largest carbon fiber piece McDonald made. The first carbon fiber piece made was the air brake for the F-15 that alone kept me working for about 4 years.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
RoadKing wrote:My remembery is still kinda intact, and I recall the Warthog being designed and used primarily in the Middle East as a very effective tank killer. It’s slow speed and quietness was deliberate for just hanging out waiting for targets that just didn’t have a chance. And, yes, very much loved by ground troops.
Slow is relative...350 mph is about as quick as most prop-driven fighters at full tilt in WWII, that's a lazy cruise speed for an A-10. They do actually slow down for a gun run, but that's a matter of accuracy and reducing airframe stress from firing that big bastard.. There are aspects of the design that tend to make the engines harder to lock onto with a heat-seeking ground to air missile, but nothing that makes them quiet by any means. The engine exhaust passes directly over the horizontal stab, which might deflect a bit of the noise away from the ground directly below it, but that's really not relevant.

It CAN fly very slow and low if needed, which enhances maneuverability. But I don't think you'd want to loiter around a hot zone like that for long. Too many things could come up at you.
The point is, they hung out over friendly fire and low behind hills before rising quickly to destroy.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Jeffco, we have been at war for decades... remember the war on drugs that keeps wasting money on a war that can't be won? :bang: [space] :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Jeffco, they've been using the A-10 against IS and that means lot's of practice.
The brass isn't really fond of the warthog but it has been upgraded and used extensively and I don't see it going anywhere soon.
Good platform but it is slow and not very loud except when firing. Very distinct.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Jeffco, we have been at war for decades... remember the war on drugs that keeps wasting money on a war that can't be won? :bang: [space] :XmasTree:
We have also been at war with muslims since the beginning of the USA.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Actually we've been at war with Muslims since 600 something AD, but that's for another post.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Actually we've been at war with Muslims since 600 something AD, but that's for another post.
Reckon Herb is correct in his wording. “We” as the USA have been at war with Muslims since 1801. Perhaps you need to read slooooowly before you interpret his “we”. :lolfall:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Tbeck wrote:Actually we've been at war with Muslims since 600 something AD, but that's for another post.
Reckon Herb is correct in his wording. “We” as the USA have been at war with Muslims since 1801. Perhaps you need to read slooooowly before you interpret his “we”. :lolfall:
I guess I could have been more specific about the USA. But considering the original post seemed to be out this country I thought it was a given.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

America is at war with every Fucker. Never turn your back on a snake.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
RoadKing wrote:
Actually we've been at war with Muslims since 600 something AD, but that's for another post.
I guess I could have been more specific about the USA. But considering the original post seemed to be about this country I thought it was a given.
It is. That's the reading of the First Message and pretty much of the rest of this Thread is primarily about.....the U.S. of A.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I take a broader view of such matter's. Western civilization has been bumping heads with Islam since it's creation.
The west would be wise to begin viewing what's underway from a more historical position. Our here and now isn't getting us any closer to victory.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:I take a broader view of such matter's. Western civilization has been bumping heads with Islam since it's creation.
The west would be wise to begin viewing what's underway from a more historical position. Our here and now isn't getting us any closer to victory.
Can't disagree with that. Like I said, I could have been more specific.

BTW, history tells us that appeasing a preditor nation/ideology doesn't work. We tried that when we first had problems with the muslims, they only demanded more and didn't back off until we kicked their asses. We tried that with hitler, got us WWII. We have been trying it with NK, the fat little shit is only demanding more. We have been trying it with muslims, again, they demand even more in tribute and concessions. There are probably many more examples in history, but looking them up isn't worth the trouble.

Fact is, putting them on notice that we are not going to bow down to them is better than becoming their slaves.

Next thing for Trump to do is cut off all funding to ALL muslim nations.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

1400 years and no progress. Is that just deflating or what. In 1400 years we as human beings have been unable to live together, well in actual fact in Jerusalem they were just about getting there. UNTILL a Baffon of a man with huge balls decides he is the King of the world and can fix anything.

Do as I say not what I do ' he shouts. I am right even when I am wrong. I must never be wrong and no one shall say I am wrong. You must make it right even though I am wrong.

Now if that is'nt sad I dont know what is. In just 1 year in power we have been pushed back ---it does'nt matter how far, it was back.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

There is a lot of trash talk about the USA and Israel causing the muslims to be violent.

However, if the muslims laid down their arms today, and accepted Israel as a country with a right to be there, there would be peace tomorrow. If Israel were to lay down their arms there would be a whole bunch of dead Israelis tomorrow.

I am willing to bet that our resident brain damaged leftists will argue the point, just as they argue that if we were to give up our guns there would be nothing but peace and love in the USA.

Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Post by Damumz »

Fred wrote:
1400 years and no progress. Is that just deflating or what. In 1400 years we as human beings have been unable to live together, well in actual fact in Jerusalem they were just about getting there. UNTILL a Baffon of a man with huge balls decides he is the King of the world and can fix anything.

Do as I say not what I do ' he shouts. I am right even when I am wrong. I must never be wrong and no one shall say I am wrong. You must make it right even though I am wrong.

Now if that is'nt sad I dont know what is. In just 1 year in power we have been pushed back ---it does'nt matter how far, it was back.

Holy crap, it's not an act is it? I thought you were just trying to get responses?!? :blink: You actually believe your dribble?? :bang:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Damumz wrote:
Fred wrote:

Holy crap, it's not an act is it? I thought you were just trying to get responses?!? :blink: You actually believe your dribble?? :bang:
You can use your little smiling faces as much as you want ---I am the real deal shocked you has It,-- Made you think?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Damumz wrote: Holy crap, it's not an act is it? I thought you were just trying to get responses?!? :blink: You actually believe your dribble?? :bang:
What you are reading is the mutterings of a profoundly addled mind.

Our Freddie is a Serious Alcoholic, and this is what his Drinking has done to his mind over many years of excessive consumption.

Just look at what else has says,....even more of his vapid blather and vain imaginings posted here.
Fred wrote: You can use your little smiling faces as much as you want ---I am the real deal shocked you has It,-- Made you think?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
Damumz wrote: Holy crap, it's not an act is it? I thought you were just trying to get responses?!? :blink: You actually believe your dribble?? :bang:
What you are reading is the mutterings of a profoundly addled mind.

Our Freddie is a Serious Alcoholic, and this is what his Drinking has done to his mind over many years of excessive consumption.

Just look at what else has says,....even more of his vapid blather and vain imaginings posted here.
Fred wrote: You can use your little smiling faces as much as you want ---I am the real deal shocked you has It,-- Made you think?
Hey Damumz Designer is wanting to make friends with you , he is kissing up your ass so you can be on his side.

He will send you a pm and ask to take you to a drive in with his AMC Pacer he painted himself with a brush. keep your ass to the wall.

Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Post by Damumz »

Oh I see, wait, huh? English a second language? Please get back to me when you can type a coherent sentence and when you are sober......

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

The thing is RK, people are making it happen. Not religion.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.