Are we at war?

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Are we at war?

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Normally, I hear NOTHING at home. Well, if I listen REAL hard, I can hear the distant howl of tractor-trailer tires on the highway in the distance, as the driver drifts onto the rumblers...but far as aircraft, nah...occasional high altitude commercial flight, up above contrail level...

Last few days, there's been an almost constant thrumming of rotor blades...Blackhawks mainly. Lotta C-130's circling the area too. Couple of Chinooks...and last night the best thrill of all...standing outside and heard jet engines rumbling at full military power approaching in the distance...and they overtook me SO fast and low that by the time I'd turned to look, I had to spin around again to keep them in sight...2 A-10's, streaking directly overhead at I would guess less than 1000ft :eek:

Luckily, no BRRRRRRTTT! :lmao: So I guess they aren't after me. JFC that's gotta be scary when you know that they are gunning for you. Well, not really enough time to be scared I guess. You just die.

WTF is going on? Maybe we're finally going to invade Kansas. We've been warning them for years...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Are we at war?

Post by old time rider »

Kansas I am sure has some really nice places? What I liked best on it on motorcycles was getting out and in to Colorado [emoji2] .It did have free over night camping at any rest area or welcome center. [emoji106] . :putput: Guess the little hills for miles and miles just was a let down. At least not as flat as the trace. Being so close to the BlueRidge and eastern Ky. ,plus about all Ky. is nice to ride in we become spoiled? :bonk: Where are the real nice places to ride in Kansas?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

old time rider wrote:Kansas I am sure has some really nice places? What I liked best on it on motorcycles was getting out and in to Colorado [emoji2] .It did have free over night camping at any rest area or welcome center. [emoji106] . :putput: Guess the little hills for miles and miles just was a let down. At least not as flat as the trace. Being so close to the BlueRidge and eastern Ky. ,plus about all Ky. is nice to ride in we become spoiled? :bonk: Where are the real nice places to ride in Kansas?
I’m sure that Kansas like all other states has great roads and great places to ride, I agree.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

jeffcoslacker wrote:
2 A-10's, streaking directly overhead at I would guess less than 1000ft :eek:

Luckily, no BRRRRRRTTT!

I think if I could pick an airplane for my own personal use, it'd be an A-10

_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

If I were fortunate to own and fly my own aero plane my dream has long been a P51 Mustang.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

RoadKing wrote:If I were fortunate to own and fly my own aero plane my dream has long been a P51 Mustang.

[emoji106]

P-51D that is
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

RoadKing wrote:If I were fortunate to own and fly my own aero plane my dream has long been a P51 Mustang.
An interesting trend I've been seeing more and more of is half and 2/3 scale warbirds....people build these replicas and fly them (I mean actually in it)....and while cool, it also reminds me somewhat of a little kid in a go cart with a NASCAR racer shell on it...big head sticking out of the roof... [emoji2] but as they say, only the size of the toys.

Now at the same time, there is a converging trend...bigger and bigger R/C models...the sizes of these two different types of craft are beginning to merge. At what point is it no longer a model, and actually an aircraft?

This is a 1/4 scale jet powered F-16 RC model. At the current rate of bloat, by 2021 you'll be able to just get in and fly your own F-16. :clap:

Thing is, you'll have to fly it with a handheld controller. That way, you're still a RC model :lmao:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

[space]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:

[emoji106]

P-51D that is
Like I said, P51 Mustang.
Signifying nothing”

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

JFL Live wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote:
2 A-10's, streaking directly overhead at I would guess less than 1000ft :eek:

Luckily, no BRRRRRRTTT!

I think if I could pick an airplane for my own personal use, it'd be an A-10

I agree

the A 10 is a freaking awsome Aircraft

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

There's a valley in the north of the county here where the air force has for years practiced terrain following. Recently they have been busier than usual and I suspect the current administration is more interested in readiness than the previous. That would be a good thing, and if that is the case you would find our fighting forces out practicing more often.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

jonnycando wrote:There's a valley in the north of the county here where the air force has for years practiced terrain following. Recently they have been busier than usual and I suspect the current administration is more interested in readiness than the previous. That would be a good thing, and if that is the case you would find our fighting forces out practicing more often.
I was talking to a coworker who is retired Army Nat'l Guard, he said they like this area because it's analogous in terrain to several active and possible hot spots, so they like to practice in the area. I noticed the C-130's are often doing touch and go's out at Springfield-Branson airport. They do some long final approaches, then a few short turning finals where they drop like a rock in a steep bank...it's fun to watch...

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

There's hostiles in that treeline. Wait...nevermind...save your ammo.

:rock:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

old time rider wrote:Kansas I am sure has some really nice places? What I liked best on it on motorcycles was getting out and in to Colorado [emoji2] .It did have free over night camping at any rest area or welcome center. [emoji106] . :putput: Guess the little hills for miles and miles just was a let down. At least not as flat as the trace. Being so close to the BlueRidge and eastern Ky. ,plus about all Ky. is nice to ride in we become spoiled? :bonk: Where are the real nice places to ride in Kansas?
I hear there's a slight dip in I-70 west of Olathe, and the highway bends about 3 degrees south. That's probably the most thrilling spot.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

I'm guessing all military activity will be stepping up in light of this time bomb:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-eas ... a9659309a1

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

There needed be no declaration of capitoltude of Jerusalem. Congress recognized it 20 years ago...but sat on it. Even so it has been the Capital of Israel forever so far as I am concerned. Intervening sovereignty's were illegitimate. Israel is forever.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:I'm guessing all military activity will be stepping up in light of this time bomb:

Oh Gawd! :roll: [space] Typical left-wing "media"...Shrieking and Screaming all sorts of Extremism and Violence as a Reaction,.... :tongue: .

Here's some of the Sputum in that "article"....(that just was well been written on toilet paper for what it is worth):

“He (The President, Donald Trump) is declaring war in the Middle East, he is declaring war against 1.5 billion Muslims
[and] hundreds of millions of Christians that are not going to accept the holy shrines to be totally under the hegemony of Israel.”
HE is Declaring War?,....War on ALL Muslims? [space] The left is WAAAYYY off,....fueled by their HATE.

And this Hyper-over-reactionary vitriol:

Has it ever happened in the history of mankind where the president of a foreign country decides the capital for the nation? And how about Palestinian sovereign rights in occupied East Jerusalem, which is in violation of international law?”

Trump didn't ..."decide the Capitol of a nation". [space] What a buncha puke!

The left is,..BY FAR,...the most UNstable,...The most UNhinged,...Most VIOLENCE-PRONE,....and DANGEROUS faction in the world today.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
hillsy wrote:I'm guessing all military activity will be stepping up in light of this time bomb:

Oh Gawd! :roll: [space] Typical left-wing "media"...Shrieking and Screaming all sorts of Extremism and Violence as a Reaction,.... :tongue: .

Here's some of the Sputum in that "article"....(that just was well been written on toilet paper for what it is worth):

“He (The President, Donald Trump) is declaring war in the Middle East, he is declaring war against 1.5 billion Muslims
[and] hundreds of millions of Christians that are not going to accept the holy shrines to be totally under the hegemony of Israel.”
HE is Declaring War?,....War on ALL Muslims? [space] The left is WAAAYYY off,....fueled by their HATE.

And this Hyper-over-reactionary vitriol:

Has it ever happened in the history of mankind where the president of a foreign country decides the capital for the nation? And how about Palestinian sovereign rights in occupied East Jerusalem, which is in violation of international law?”

Trump didn't ..."decide the Capitol of a nation". [space] What a buncha puke!

The left is,..BY FAR,...the most UNstable,...The most UNhinged,...Most VIOLENCE-PRONE,....and DANGEROUS faction in the world today.
No, muslims are. And the left in the USA assist them.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

jonnycando wrote:There needed be no declaration of capitoltude of Jerusalem. Congress recognized it 20 years ago...but sat on it. Even so it has been the Capital of Israel forever so far as I am concerned. Intervening sovereignty's were illegitimate. Israel is forever.
[emoji106]
Biblical prophecy is unfolding.
Signifying nothing”