Bitcoin or bitecoin

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Bitcoin or bitecoin

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

My little Litecoin price has gone from $92.24 when I started this thread to $128.42 today. I am always a dollar short and a day late. Oh and Bitcoin is at $16,338.92. Just think about it for a minute... People in America are willing to pay over $16,000 for a coin that doesn't even exist. :bang: [space] ;IDunno: [space] :OhNo;

And today, 12/10/17, my Litecoin would be worth $154.42. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

The old ladys Christmas shopping has put my ass in DEEP debt, can't afford to invest in any Bitcoin.
She says "don't worry, I have $401,000 at work.
I said "that's a 401K!!!" :bang:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: I bet I was married to her sister. :lolfall:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Maybe i can save up a grand and drop it.
Maybe do it a couple times and see where it goes. I'm poor and get the feeling all the rich are gunna get richer. I could use some of that. Not for me.. But for my family.

How much of nothing would i need to buy to become a virtual millionaire?

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:Maybe i can save up a grand and drop it.
Maybe do it a couple times and see where it goes. I'm poor and get the feeling all the rich are gunna get richer. I could use some of that. Not for me.. But for my family.

How much of nothing would i need to buy to become a virtual millionaire?
The Dow has gone up 6K since the election. Barring a terrible war or catastrophic event, I see no reason why 50K, yes 50K, cannot be achieved. Doubled, that is, from where it is now! Don’t become virtual, get real!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

I dont have these problems I got loads of money. Im trying to get rid of it but I would not touch Bitcoin with a barge pole.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BUYING THE BIT COIN IS BUYING A BAG OF AIR. IMAGINE THAT! ONE FOOL VYING TO POSSES A BAG OF AIR, AND MORE FOOLS CHASING AFTER IT WITH DOLLARS. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A GREATER FOOL.

WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS WHO WANTS TO BE THE BIGGEST FOOL ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Green dollar bills suck too. I hate money. But almost everyone else want it so it's what makes it have value.
So invest in Walmart instead? Is it cheaper than nothing or air (bitcoin)? Lol. I have no idea how any of this stuff works. I'll send you money and you put it somewhere to grow. Lol.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

So it's true, money can't buy happiness.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:So it's true, money can't buy happiness.
Never forget...
Money don’t get everything it’s true
What it don’t get I can’t use

Buy a gift and give it to a poor child and see the happiness.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it is better to cry in a Rolls Royce than on a bicycle.

BTW, I have been working the Toys for Tots program for the last 6 weeks, and I am convinced it is a good program for kids that wouldn't have anything otherwise.

Last year the guy that is running the program in our area got a call on Christmas Eve that a family had lost everything in a fire, he was out at 5 am delivering toys so the kids would have something on Christmas day.

Today a lady stopped by the table and donated $100 because a few years ago her family was really hurting and the program came through for them.

Hearing these stories makes standing out in the cold for 6+ hours, all of the hours spent sorting and storing the toys, much easier to take.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:Green dollar bills suck too. I hate money. But almost everyone else want it so it's what makes it have value.
So invest in Walmart instead? Is it cheaper than nothing or air (bitcoin)? Lol. I have no idea how any of this stuff works. I'll send you money and you put it somewhere to grow. Lol.
Please do send me money!!! Please. You don’t know how this stuff works? Well, send me all your green dollar bills and I’ll show you! [emoji106]
Signifying nothing”

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

https://newatlas.com/bitcoin-cryptocurr ... ion/52556/

Just ran across this....never considered this aspect of it :blink:

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Post by 1sttightwad »

Take your bitcoins... Give me gold and silver...They don't disappear into thin air. Dave

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

jeffcoslacker wrote:https://newatlas.com/bitcoin-cryptocurr ... ion/52556/

I have a question? Would the people that use the power it takes to transact a Bitcoin deal use that power for some other reason? I'll put it this way... the power my computer would use to help during the bitcoin deal would be used for something else anyway. So in the end instead of helping Bitcoin transact a deal I wasted all that power posting on IsA. :lolfall: [space] :HatTip: [space] :XmasTree:

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:My little Litecoin price has gone from $92.24 when I started this thread to $128.42 today. I am always a dollar short and a day late. Oh and Bitcoin is at $16,338.92. Just think about it for a minute... People in America are willing to pay over $16,000 for a coin that doesn't even exist. :bang: [space] ;IDunno: [space] :OhNo;

And today, 12/10/17, my Litecoin would be worth $154.42. :bang:
I put $100 on litecoin when it was $125, its over $250 right now. [emoji106]
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Prodigal_Sun wrote: The fact my $1.00 is at $1.34 from one week ago is a side benefit

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

jeffcoslacker wrote: https://newatlas.com/bitcoin-cryptocurr ... ion/52556/

[emoji2] Crazy ain't it? I mean... the things humans do. :bonk:

Cuban wrote: I was reading an article recently speaking of the rising computational power needed for both mining and transactions. Or rather, the energy requirements of said computations. Already out of control, and quickly rising to unsustainable levels... :bonk:
The article I was looking at referenced Denmark, and eventually the world... obviously gotta go up in smoke before that. [emoji2]

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

Cuban wrote:
Prodigal_Sun wrote: The fact my $1.00 is at $1.34 from one week ago is a side benefit

:funnylast: :lolfall: :OhNo;

In the 90's I was broke to the point of being practically homeless, but my family has done alright. My old man has owned his own business for almost 50 years. He has a roughly 20,000 sqft warehouse in the middle of downtown. In an area that's been developing rapidly and almost aggressively lately. He also has a retail store in a building that's roughly half that size across the street. He's pushing 80, but he still works. With the longevity of our bloodline, barring any unforeseen circumstance he realistically has another 10-20 years of life left in him. I honestly have no idea what his net worth is, I could stand to inherit a couple of million dollars, or he could be so leveraged and up to his ears in debt that no one will get a red cent. My mother doesn't even know anything about his finances... Either way I need to have some idea of what to do with money so I don't end up with more than I know what to do with, or if I have to start from scratch. ;IDunno: This stuff is kind of fun, it's easy to get started in, it seems to be growing exponentially, and I still have plenty sitting in boring old bank accounts.

It's interesting the IRS is treating it as property. So if you hold onto it for more than a year you pay long-term capital gains tax on it. They are apparently leaning toward treating unclaimed revenue as off-shore or foreign held bank accounts. So far they have only demanded information of people who have made transactions of $20,000 or more of one type (buy,sell,etc.) in a year.

Litecoin went over $360 today, and is hovering around $350... It's crazy to think that I've "earned" more from putting my $100 on that than I did working last week, if I cashed it out as soon as it's available and it doesn't drop any more. :hat: ;IDunno:

:Edit:: You didn't think I just pulled my ScreenName out of a hat did you? :HatTip: :lmao:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Cuban wrote:
jeffcoslacker wrote: https://newatlas.com/bitcoin-cryptocurr ... ion/52556/

[emoji2] Crazy ain't it? I mean... the things humans do. :bonk:

Cuban wrote: I was reading an article recently speaking of the rising computational power needed for both mining and transactions. Or rather, the energy requirements of said computations. Already out of control, and quickly rising to unsustainable levels... :bonk:
The article I was looking at referenced Denmark, and eventually the world... obviously gotta go up in smoke before that. [emoji2]
I never read any of this thread...just ran across that article and remembered the bitcoin thread...dropped it. Sorry. [emoji2]

Not.