I don't know if I can tell this right...

Keep it civil
jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

I don't know if I can tell this right...

Post by jeffcoslacker »

It was freakin' HILARIOUS....but I don't know if it was a "Had to be there" kind of hilarious, or what. I almost had soda come out my nose. [emoji2]

OK, so I was in Joplin the other day, and I went to this diner that has awesome grub, and while I'm waiting for my order I'm just looking around at the posters on the walls...they have album covers and different iconic pics from entertainment history...kinda their theme. They had this one:

For this to work, you have to do it in your head in TOTAL deadpan, no humor there at all. Just two ol' boys trying to work this out...

Alright. At a table near me is two TOTAL good ol' boy older farmer types, and they are looking at the posters too. one is looking at this poster and he says "Hey...I see ol' Sammy Davis Jr's name is in red....wonder why?" The other says "I don't know...maybe they were tryin' to say something there."

"Yup" the first agrees. Then they start trying to read the other names lower on the marquee, the ones obscured by the guys standing there. The one ol' boy says "That first one looks like Jonah Jones...do you remember him?" other guy: "Nope...."

First guy: "I see it's in red....wonder if he's a black fella too?"

I freakin' lost it. :lmao: :lolfall:

I've seen that pic a million times, and I would NEVER have come up with that. Good ol' boy logic...LMAO....

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: I don't know if I can tell this right...

Post by jeffcoslacker »

OMG....I just googled that....he WAS a black guy :blink:

Jeezus...WTF? Maybe they were right? :eek: :lmao:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: I don't know if I can tell this right...

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Jeffco, come on boy, you gotta be able to read between the lines.... Red is the new Black. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: