Shot Caller

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Shot Caller

Post by RoadKing »

A movie. Watched it twice in a row and gonna watch again, not something I do all that often. Great acting.

It would seem that when the good life instantly turns bad and you find yourself with shit in one hand and bread in the other, nothing left for it but to make shit sandwiches.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Shot Caller

Post by jeffcoslacker »

I'll have to check it out when it comes to home video [emoji106]

I read a book long ago called "Stone City" it was about a guy, a teacher, who kills a young girl on a bicycle while driving home from a party a little bit drunk. He gets sent to the big house, and there has been some strange murders occurring within the prison that nobody can figure out, and it's making everyone nervous, cons and admin alike.

He gets some measure of respect from most of the cons because he doesn't back down from a fight, keeps his mouth shut, and helps some of them learn to read and helps with legal papers, etc. He gets put in the uncomfortable position of being "deputized" so to speak by both the warden and several of the gangs/factions that all want to know how these murders are being committed, and who is doing it.

Story goes into great detail about the culture, politics and power struggles behind the walls, it was really riveting. I always thought it would make a good movie.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Shot Caller

Post by RoadKing »

jeffcoslacker wrote:I'll have to check it out when it comes to home video [emoji106]

I read a book long ago called "Stone City" it was about a guy, a teacher, who kills a young girl on a bicycle while driving home from a party a little bit drunk. He gets sent to the big house, and there has been some strange murders occurring within the prison that nobody can figure out, and it's making everyone nervous, cons and admin alike.

He gets some measure of respect from most of the cons because he doesn't back down from a fight, keeps his mouth shut, and helps some of them learn to read and helps with legal papers, etc. He gets put in the uncomfortable position of being "deputized" so to speak by both the warden and several of the gangs/factions that all want to know how these murders are being committed, and who is doing it.

Story goes into great detail about the culture, politics and power struggles behind the walls, it was really riveting. I always thought it would make a good movie.
Sounds very familiar. The theme of Shot Caller is by no means original, many variations done before. But the acting is exceptional.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.