Something I have noticed while reading

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Something I have noticed while reading

Post by Herb »

TEKE wrote:So, the point is well taken, but there are a lot of people who pre-dated the "purple board?. Peop;e who remember talking about bikes and rides without the "social media" and BS posts that were politcally connected. IA was a place where kindred spirits could connect and "talk about anything", but the talk wasn't about childish shit and politics. Then came the douchebags that just tired everybody out. Natural progression or a reflection of the society we live in. Who knows, it is what it is, but most of those who made this site great left. The douchbaggs became somehow, senior members and real members just walked away. It is what it it is.
The first thing I always did on the old board, AND do on this board, is go to the tech boards and check out what is going on. Kinda odd that I see so few people that post on the political and comments boards never show up on the tech boards.

When all you do is go to the political forums, you are going to get nothing but political comments/arguments, petty or otherwise.

If you don't want to read political comments, stay the fuck off the political forums. Quit whining about political discussions if you go to those forums.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Speaking of bar room fun where the Hell is Herb? :cheers:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

TEKE, yep I remember those days. Rarely was there much debate, and little to no politics.
We lost a LOT of really good people, conversation, and the friendly atmosphere.
I spent the first two years on IA on the tech forum, and a few started getting nasty there. I decided to try the main forum where I found the pleasant discussion that had previously been present on the tech forum. Slowly the main forum started becoming more political and confrontational.
Do you recall all the posts asking if anyone wants to post a ride story, or asking if anyone rides anymore? The writing was already on the wall.
Darn shame,....

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Whats funny is yall talk about the good ole days like everyone just got along and held hands or group hugged. Bullshit.

When I was growing up, long before the internet, I remember the older men who hung out at Waffle House. Those bastards would argue about anything. I used to call them Waffle House Einsteins. They knew everything about everything yet they they were sitting in Waffle House arguing about the dumbest crap instead of ruling the world for some reason.

All the internet did was take them from the Waffle House and put them online. :lmao:

I never visited the tech side much because I rode one of the most dependable, reliable bikes out there. it didn't break. So why would I need tech?

I never understood the people who could not understand the words General Discussion. It was real simple. If you saw a thread that said Hillary sucks donkey balls and you didn't like politics, stay away from that thread. Every year without fail people start posting about football. I couldn't care less about football so when I saw those threads I just skipped them and looked for the ones that said Hillary sucks donkey balls. [emoji2]

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Is that true? Hillary sucks donkey balls?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

RoadKing wrote:Is that true? Hillary sucks donkey balls?

It depends on who you ask, I reckon. [emoji2]

wally w
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1987 VS700

Post by wally w »

Ah waffle house. Where the clientele is either going to jail or just got out.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

:funnylast: Wally w I think lots like me think of Jump when they hear Waffle house [emoji2] Thanks for the pics friend they are in with my :putput: other old mc /truck pics. Old song line..Bad motor scooter...sure fits that bike [emoji106]

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

wally w wrote:Ah waffle house. Where the clientele is either going to jail or just got out.
I LOVE Waffle House. Never dull.

Last time, about a week ago, I walk in, sit down, and realize this old gal is running around like her pants are on fire, trying to cook AND wait on everyone there by herself...there was food fragments all over the floor and counter in the grill area, multiple pans and prep containers and dishes/silverware stacked on the counter needing wash, she's trying to monitor the progress of at least 8 different orders simultaneously, just a complete FUBAR scene...I asked her how she came to be the only one there, and she says, slightly out of breath, "Everybody else signed up for a Health Department food safety course today."

Huh, I thought. "That's ironic." I said.

"Yep," she agreed. :lmao:

I told her to hold my order until things calmed down or somebody was back to help her. :smile:

PS...it shouldn't need to be said, but I TRY to observe what is going on and place myself in that person's shoes, trying to help them out if I can. Unfortunately I know a lot of people who wouldn't care, act like it's not their problem, if they even picked up on what was taking place, complain to the person trying to hold things together, then stiff them at tip time...those people need a big capital "A" for asshole branded right on their forehead, so you can see them coming and be prepared...

I also noticed that as the other workers started filtering back in, this gal was briefing them on what was going on, who was getting what, etc, then just after she brought me my food I watched her put a jacket on and grab her purse, so I figured her shift is over and after watching her do this very admirable job of waiting on people and holding everything down alone, I wasn't gonna see her get stiffed out of at least my tip just because she needed to leave. I called her over and gave her a $7 tip on a $13 order, I would have given her more but I only had $22 to work with on me and still needed to leave at least some pittance for whoever cleaned up after me when I left...

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

franktiregod wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Is that true? Hillary sucks donkey balls?

It depends on who you ask, I reckon. [emoji2]
Hey, donkeys don't talk!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.