Something I have noticed while reading

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Something I have noticed while reading

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

a few of the threads is how much it looks like the purple board on here. The arguing, the bickering, the name calling and just the plain old :bs: says it is alive an well. :donno: [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: Something I have noticed while reading

Post by jeffcoslacker »

A lotta people like that.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

I never had the honor of visiting that board but wish I had. I'm new to the Intruders since late Spring or early Summer, but not new to riding. I always loved the Intruders ever since that 1987 commercial, but finally decided to take the Cruiser plunge after having back surgery. So, my first cruiser turned out to be that bike that I fell in love with back in 1987 even though it is an S83.
Arthritis sucks!

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:a few of the threads is how much it looks like the purple board on here. The arguing, the bickering, the name calling and just the plain old :bs: says it is alive an well. :donno: [space] :soda:

I'm banning you for .37 seconds.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Forge wrote:... I always loved the Intruders ever since that 1987 commercial, but finally decided to take the Cruiser plunge after having back surgery. So, my first cruiser turned out to be that bike that I fell in love with back in 1987 even though it is an S83.
[emoji106] I fell in love with the little 750 (Canada) in April of '85. Bought it, and still ride it every (nice) day. 32 years so far... :rag:

JFL Live wrote: I'm banning you for .37 seconds.
:funnylast:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

wow, that was the longest .37 seconds I ever saw. :bang:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Forge wrote:I never had the honor of visiting that board but wish I had. I'm new to the Intruders since late Spring or early Summer, but not new to riding. I always loved the Intruders ever since that 1987 commercial, but finally decided to take the Cruiser plunge after having back surgery. So, my first cruiser turned out to be that bike that I fell in love with back in 1987 even though it is an S83.

How stupid. I cant believe you even posted that stupid crap. Who the hell do you think you are? Well fuck you,

Congrats. That was the purple board in a nutshell. :lmao:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

It seems to be pretty good here. Wish we could get ole BillyJack, Dom, Emu, 2tall, etc to come over.

I think they assume its an overly moderated candy coated version of IA which is honestly what I thought too before I decided to give it a try.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

franktiregod wrote:
How stupid. I cant believe you even posted that stupid crap. Who the hell do you think you are? Well fuck you,

Why is the background of your replies purple? :lolfall:

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

franktiregod wrote:
Forge wrote:I never had the honor of visiting that board but wish I had. I'm new to the Intruders since late Spring or early Summer, but not new to riding. I always loved the Intruders ever since that 1987 commercial, but finally decided to take the Cruiser plunge after having back surgery. So, my first cruiser turned out to be that bike that I fell in love with back in 1987 even though it is an S83.

I can see how someone thin skinned could have been scared off. :bonk:
Arthritis sucks!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Forge wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

Snowflakes.... Melt in the heat.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Forge wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

It wasn't for everybody but it was fun. We had some characters for sure.

But I met some good people from that board.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I think that the individuals in question established during the two board's running that the reasoning behind the second board was personalities (real or perceived) and they weren't interested in becoming a contributor.
I'm also sure they've each probably lurked a time or two just to see what or rather who is posting.
Yep they liked tugging the occasional tail, but I think that like many the constant conflict that overwhelmed the purple board in the last few years was a bit too much. So I don't foresee them voluntarily jumping back into that when there are other options.
If I did Facebook I wouldn't be here either.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

franktiregod wrote: How stupid. I cant believe you even posted that stupid crap. Who the hell do you think you are? Well fuck you!

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Tbeck wrote:I think that the individuals in question established during the two board's running that the reasoning behind the second board was personalities (real or perceived) and they weren't interested in becoming a contributor.
I'm also sure they've each probably lurked a time or two just to see what or rather who is posting.
Yep they liked tugging the occasional tail, but I think that like many the constant conflict that overwhelmed the purple board in the last few years was a bit too much. So I don't foresee them voluntarily jumping back into that when there are other options.
Facebook sucks. If you did facebook you would constantly have your account suspended like I do.

Liberals on facebook say things like "We should hunt cops down and put bullets in them" with no problems because that doesnt violate 'community standards' but the minute you respond to that you get suspended because you 'violated community standards'

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Cuban wrote:
franktiregod wrote: How stupid. I cant believe you even posted that stupid crap. Who the hell do you think you are? Well fuck you!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

franktiregod wrote:
Tbeck wrote:I think that the individuals in question established during the two board's running that the reasoning behind the second board was personalities (real or perceived) and they weren't interested in becoming a contributor.
Facebook sucks. If you did facebook you would constantly have your account suspended like I do.

Liberals on facebook say things like "We should hunt cops down and put bullets in them" with no problems because that doesnt violate 'community standards' but the minute you respond to that you get suspended because you 'violated community standards'
Yeah that frustrated me at first (not FB, always saw that for the shit sandwich buffet that it is) but realized recently that when that stuff happens, you are fighting the wrong fight. Young and impressionable people, and a lot of older who should know better, don't seem to actually understand the line between facts and reality vs something they heard online and general attitudes.

That's why, as mad as Tbeck makes us sometimes, with his unpopular positions on things and rampant abuse of the apostrophe ( [emoji2] ), I'm glad there are still some like him that challenge you to ask yourself "Do I actually KNOW this, or did I just hear it?"

There are far, far too many that operate solely in the "What I heard is my reality" lane...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Oh I am not so certain that the Unpopular positions are MINE, but they do need posted.
Everyone jumping on the same bandwagon reenforcing the same views isn't dialogue, and prevents us from seeing the MANY different and often valid views that may not fit neatly into the black or the white.
Now some might suggest that is instigating, and they would be correct if the views expressed didn't require evaluation on their validity.
In other words if you got all your news from FOX, and never compared what's said on CNN, are you informed or are you simply being told what to think? How you weigh the two different report's is what allows you to become informed.
Personally I never find any of the news media telling the REAL news.

TEKE
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2012 Harley FXDB

Post by TEKE »

So, the point is well taken, but there are a lot of people who pre-dated the "purple board?. Peop;e who remember talking about bikes and rides without the "social media" and BS posts that were politcally connected. IA was a place where kindred spirits could connect and "talk about anything", but the talk wasn't about childish shit and politics. Then came the douchebags that just tired everybody out. Natural progression or a reflection of the society we live in. Who knows, it is what it is, but most of those who made this site great left. The douchbaggs became somehow, senior members and real members just walked away. It is what it it is.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

I for one enjoy a bit of bar room back and forth.The masters at getting it rolling then set back and watch were fun. Farmer Pat was so good at it [emoji106] . Some great ones like Mith have passed away.Others health has got bad as some of us are really old. Chief was one of the best IMO. And riders wanting to do some work them selfs still have lots of good tips and a few good wrench's IMO. Night Wolf was nice enough to give the way to his site were he has saved a lot of the good stuff. [emoji106] I just try not to reply to ones I don't care for and even them sometimes. Just like the old guys I meet with three times a week to bad mouth each other ride some etc. If I did not enjoy it would not come back. The main reason for me is to laugh and now lots that made me laugh on the old board are here now and still a bunch of clowns :jester: . Kid Cop even good for some good ones! I for one am glad this place is around. :putput: